Henia

Ramadan 2008

356 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm hungry now :crying:

I know we shouldn't talk about hunger but seriously I'm so starving this past hour I've been fighting not throwing up it's so bad. That's how it's been the past 3 or 4 days for me....nauseau bigtime from not eating and feeling like I'm gonna faint dead away at least 5 or 6 times a day. I know it's because I'm not eating suhoor though. I have to take my thyroid pills on an empty stomach and wait an hour before eating and there is no way in heck that I'm waking up to take meds and then sitting around waiting to eat an hour later.

Medication in Ramadan should be it's own thread I tell ya. It's so difficult to manipulate when to take what pill. My water pills I normally take in the am but the dr said nothing with the thyroid pill so I take it at night which means yours truly is waking up to pee every two hours. :wacko: Alhumdulilah for it all. :dance::dance::dance:

(it's funny 'cause when my hubby gets home I always say how was work and he always says "alhumdulilah for everything my love" but that could mean good or bad! lol)

Taking some meds on an empty stomach is horrible. I am sure that fasting in certain circumstances shouldn't be done. I have hypo glycemia, and you won't catch me fasting for nothing! Too scary.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

bridget- Yes here in egypt they always wait to hear the shahada in the athan then break their fast its a totally cultural thing becoz from the sunnah the prophet actually tells us to break our fast as soon as we can and that wd be as soon as we hear the athan theres a hadith for it i hope Rahma wd post it becoz i dont have hadiths in english :(

lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
bridget- Yes here in egypt they always wait to hear the shahada in the athan then break their fast its a totally cultural thing becoz from the sunnah the prophet actually tells us to break our fast as soon as we can and that wd be as soon as we hear the athan theres a hadith for it i hope Rahma wd post it becoz i dont have hadiths in english :(

I'm glad to hear it's cultural since I don't wait for it when he's at work and I'm home. :whistle: (my kids always threaten to tell on me :blush: )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So.......... what are everyone's plan's for Eid? Also, what is the "projected" day/date of Eid this year? It's coming soon, insh'Allah! :star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hmm, I usually wait until the end of the adhan to break my fast. I'm not aware of any specific time other than the injunction to not delay in Bukhari - The people will be fine so long as they do not delay iftar. Doint more research into it is on my to do list. The husband doesn't break his fast until after he's prayed maghrib and made a really long dua. I always argue that's delaying the iftar, but he isn't convinced. I need some more ammunition. inshaAllah next year.

Looks like Eid will be next wednesday inshaAllah. No plans right now, as I think the husband has to work. I may take off and chill at home, just because I can.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Looks like Eid will be next wednesday inshaAllah. No plans right now, as I think the husband has to work. I may take off and chill at home, just because I can.

Well, how about that! I think I'll celebrate by getting a pedicure! I just happened to schedule one for next Wednesday earlier today. :star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Hubby requested that day off and I had to compromise with my boss so I'm working from home but only from 1pm to 7pm. We'll go to the Eid prayers in the morning inshallah and then out to this place local to me that makes awesome pancakes and french toast. The coffee that morning is going to be sooooo gooooood!!!!

The kids have that day and the day before off for I think Yom Kippur (or Rosh Hashana, I always get the two confused) since our school system has a high volume of kids of the Jewish faith, but they'll be with their dad.

Then, well, :blush: , then I'll work while he calls his friends and we'll go out to dinner some place nice that night.

Timeline
Eid mubarak!

I had a very nice chat with Ibrahim and his mother today. He said Egypt and Syria are still fasting today. The start and end of Ramadan are always so confusing!

jJ

My husband is still fasting as well. I think he's sad today. He has to work a double shift but has tomorrow off but he just is feeling the lack of festivities that Cairo has I think. Hopefully he'll cheer up tonight and maybe once he goes to the mosque tomorrow for Eid prayers and sees the hundreds of people there he'll get happy again.

I'm up in the air on whether I want to go with him tomorrow. I can't pray because of AF so what is there for me to do....sit and watch people praying? Might as well plaster a sign "I have my period!!!" on my face , you know? But then if I stay home I"ll feel bad that he's celebrating without me. :crying:

Timeline
Eid mubarak!

I had a very nice chat with Ibrahim and his mother today. He said Egypt and Syria are still fasting today. The start and end of Ramadan are always so confusing!

jJ

My husband is still fasting as well. I think he's sad today. He has to work a double shift but has tomorrow off but he just is feeling the lack of festivities that Cairo has I think. Hopefully he'll cheer up tonight and maybe once he goes to the mosque tomorrow for Eid prayers and sees the hundreds of people there he'll get happy again.

I'm up in the air on whether I want to go with him tomorrow. I can't pray because of AF so what is there for me to do....sit and watch people praying? Might as well plaster a sign "I have my period!!!" on my face , you know? But then if I stay home I"ll feel bad that he's celebrating without me. :crying:

Bridget,

I just posted something like this with my husband in the Eid Mabaruk thread. He said he doesn't feel Ramadan here this year....

Tasha

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.