g&n

evidences for interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
can my fiancee use wire-money receipt through western union as on going relationship? Because once in a while I would send money to her. Is it OK or no. what do you guys and gals think?

yes, that's ok!!!!!!!!!!!

Received at VSC: Jan 2,08

NOA1: Feb6, 08

9/23/08: Approved

9/30/08: Case # received

10/06/08: E-mailed ds3032

10/08/08: Mailed ds3032

10/09/08: Signed by R.Austin

10/08/08: Paid AOS/IV bill online

10/09/08: Status shows paid online

10/09/08: Accepted ds3032

10/10/08: Express mailed AOS/IV package

10/14/08: NVC received AOS and IV Package

10/21/08: Case Complete (22Days, no RFEs)

12/02/08: Medical....Passed....

12/11/08: Interview passed, received VISA.....YAhhhhhhhhhh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm not sure, I have heard it mentioned before sending money doesnt show you have a relationship , it purely shows you send someone money.

Personally I would leave that out. The only money related things we sent were Customs receipts for gifts we sent to each other, at christmas, birthdays etc;

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Well it's one of the things that you might need among a houndred more

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Filed: Timeline
i forgot to say the receipt shows my name, the sender and fiancee's name , receiver.

Going with what nicoxcx said, that still ONLY proves you are sending money to SOMEONE. Just because it has your name and her name doesn't mean you're in a relationship with that person. My grandma could send money to me via western union; that doesn't mean we're in a relationship ;)

But in all honesty, if you have a lot of other supporting evidence then I'm sure it won't hurt you to provide the western union money orders.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
can my fiancee use wire-money receipt through western union as on going relationship? Because once in a while I would send money to her. Is it OK or no. what do you guys and gals think?

Of course you can use those. They show a relationship as much as any other thing and are taken in context with everything else. If it is the ONLY thing you have it may not be acceptable, but as part of the package it is fine. Remember you have to "establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer" you have a realtionship which would result in a desire to marry each other. There are no "hard and fast" rules. Anything and everything is acceptable in conjuction with anything and everything else. In our case we received our visa no questions asked with only my boarding passes and one photo from each of four visits I made during the K-1 process. I had phone bills, emails and western union receipts and they had no interest in them...alll that work for nothing! :)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Of course you can use those. They show a relationship as much as any other thing and are taken in context with everything else. If it is the ONLY thing you have it may not be acceptable, but as part of the package it is fine. Remember you have to "establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer" you have a realtionship which would result in a desire to marry each other. There are no "hard and fast" rules. Anything and everything is acceptable in conjuction with anything and everything else. In our case we received our visa no questions asked with only my boarding passes and one photo from each of four visits I made during the K-1 process. I had phone bills, emails and western union receipts and they had no interest in them...alll that work for nothing! :)

I disagree. Wire money transfers do NOT show a relationship as much as any other thing. I could wire money from my home to a business in Thailand and that doesn't mean we are in a relationship. However, because it states the sender and receivers name, and because theres other evidence to prove the relationship then it can be used as evidence.

I do agree with you on that if it was the only evidence provided it'd be insufficient.

Just because your embassy wasn't interested in your western union receipts and phone bills, etc. doesn't mean that g&n's won't need to see it.

It sounds to me as though your packet you brought to the embassy was pretty scarce as you only had four photos and boarding passes and they didn't even look at your other info.

Although this is the case for some people, every embassy is different and every case is different and g&n might as well be as well prepared as possible and bring everything he can with him to prove a bona fide relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.