Shpat_Argjira

Let down by USA forces once again

259 posts in this topic

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is it ok for Americans to behave in any fashion at all when they are in a war zone? Interesting. I don't think anyone had the answer as to what they could have done to prevent a potential tragedy (if the death of an "innocent Iraqi" is a tragedy), the objection was finding the precarious fate of this person hysterically funny. That may seem appropriate to you, but for many people, that is very hard to stomach.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't think this was a LET DOWN! Don't judge the military for their actions or non actions. You are not out there, you don't know what it's like to be out there, not saying I do either, but I know plenty of people who have and it's not pretty. I have heard first hand accounts of what goes on out there. The footage in question is not exactly pretty, but their first and foremost responsibility is to protect themselves, going out there to warn her would have put themselves in danger, and if they had tried to yell at her, she wouldn't have paid no mind anyway. They did what they could do, and she didn't get killed either, so why even post something like this. There's no purpose to this at all. We should be supporting our troops not doggin' them or judging them for what they do. Keep in mind it's a war zone. It would be interesting to see what you would have done out there had it been you.

you'll find that the closest many who post on this thread ever came to combat was on a playstation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
So, is it ok for Americans to behave in any fashion at all when they are in a war zone? Interesting. I don't think anyone had the answer as to what they could have done to prevent a potential tragedy (if the death of an "innocent Iraqi" is a tragedy), the objection was finding the precarious fate of this person hysterically funny. That may seem appropriate to you, but for many people, that is very hard to stomach.

When you spend a lot of time in a high stress situation (like a warzone), you no longer react to things the way those don't would. It's the biggest reason why (IMHO) wars should be entered into very carefully and thoughtfully. Wars will change those who fight them.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
you'll find that the closest many who post on this thread ever came to combat was on a playstation.

That would apply to me, however that does not make them laughing hysterically as they did any less embarrassing and shameful.

combat has the ability to imbue one with a dark sense of humor.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
That would apply to me, however that does not make them laughing hysterically as they did any less embarrassing and shameful.

And ###### stupid, if anything.

Then again, if inciting more people to kill them there is their goal, by all means, make their own job even harder and put their own lives at further risk by doing stupid, pointless stuff like that.

Edited by SRVT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not condoning the laughing nor am I judging it. Remember, war desensitizes people. When you've been out there a while, you get used to seeing people die in front of you, its a part of war. You have no right to judge them. We should be grateful that these troops volunteered to go out there. There's no draft, yet that is. Let's just be thankful that they are out there watching your back and mine, lets give them a break shall we?

When you spend a lot of time in a high stress situation (like a warzone), you no longer react to things the way those don't would. It's the biggest reason why (IMHO) wars should be entered into very carefully and thoughtfully. Wars will change those who fight them.

:thumbs:

Timeline

I'm not condoning the laughing nor am I judging it. Remember, war desensitizes people. When you've been out there a while, you get used to seeing people die in front of you, its a part of war. You have no right to judge them. We should be grateful that these troops volunteered to go out there. There's no draft, yet that is. Let's just be thankful that they are out there watching your back and mine, lets give them a break shall we?

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

There is no excuse for this type of behaviour. Yes, there is dark humour in war zones, everyone accepts that but there is a huge difference between that and laughing at the potentially tragic outcome of a civillian. That's when the war machine has cracked your troops and turned them into morons.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Also, being able to distinguish between acceptable behaviour and what is not acceptable in no way diminishes one's ability to be grateful to those who remain honerable during these difficult times. It's not rocket science, not all troops turn into gibbering idiots.

Timeline
There is no excuse for this type of behaviour. Yes, there is dark humour in war zones, everyone accepts that but there is a huge difference between that and laughing at the potentially tragic outcome of a civillian. That's when the war machine has cracked your troops and turned them into morons.

While it does have negative implications for people here, who can face another potential attack due to stuff like this, the good news is their stupidity more or less greatly affects their own safety there. So they essentially allow themselves a better chance of running into a pissed off suicide bomber out for retribution by committing more acts like this one. If that's the goal, I say, go ahead and have some more fun at their own expense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you come back from spending 15 months out there then make that call, making a statement like that makes YOU a moron. You don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by baxxy

Filed: Timeline

I've never been to war, so I can only imagine how it f*cks with someone's mind and how it can completely change and desensitize someone. Does it look f*cked up to your average citizens, like most of us on VJ, that they are laughing? To most I would say it probably does look screwed up. But for the soldiers who have stones a million times the size of mine for being willing to spend one, two, three...tours in Iraq or Afghanistan, witnessing and the war, death, etc. that they've seen...I'm sure as #### not going to judge them for laughing. If you, from your cubicle, wish to judge them, feel free.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110