Shpat_Argjira

Let down by USA forces once again

259 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok I am in the Marine Corps for the last 13 years been to Iraq 3 times...I saw this video awhile ago like maybe a year but its a timed detonation and they were within 90 seconds from det so the soliders there couldnt get out the vehicles to do anything they wouldnt of gotten there in time. She did not come down a road cause they were blocked off she came through an open field and they did make sure she received medical attention......NOW for the idiots making the video and there laughing and carrying on....theres idiots everywhere and I assure you that when they showed this video to others someone told them that they are sick in the head. Things like this it sucks to get leaked really but to be honest if I had a record of some of the bizarre conversations I had over there well then I would possibly be in a mental hospital.....These were low ranking young kids without a bit of proper supervision. I bet if there were cameras in the other HMMMV's you would hear people trying to figure out how to stop the detenation or get alarm out to them. If you mute the commentary its like a lucky to be alive video....with the volume makes it disbicable....somewhere between the 2 is what it is.

Semper Fi brau....and thanks for this.

Well I go thru this stuff with my hippie liberal sister lol I couldnt defend the Abu Garhib and the Puppy throw but at least this one I could explain! Those of us in command posistions need to do a better job explaining to the young ones that stuff like this gets people killed....We have to stop giving AQ recruiting material!

Right on man. So many Armchair Marines don't realize that point.

I don't think there are any "Armchair Marines" in this thread...not sure if that was what you were implying. I think there are some people in here who support and have the utmost respect for anyone willing to go into battle for our armed forces. Especially men such as ssgtam08.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Ok I am in the Marine Corps for the last 13 years been to Iraq 3 times...I saw this video awhile ago like maybe a year but its a timed detonation and they were within 90 seconds from det so the soliders there couldnt get out the vehicles to do anything they wouldnt of gotten there in time. She did not come down a road cause they were blocked off she came through an open field and they did make sure she received medical attention......NOW for the idiots making the video and there laughing and carrying on....theres idiots everywhere and I assure you that when they showed this video to others someone told them that they are sick in the head. Things like this it sucks to get leaked really but to be honest if I had a record of some of the bizarre conversations I had over there well then I would possibly be in a mental hospital.....These were low ranking young kids without a bit of proper supervision. I bet if there were cameras in the other HMMMV's you would hear people trying to figure out how to stop the detenation or get alarm out to them. If you mute the commentary its like a lucky to be alive video....with the volume makes it disbicable....somewhere between the 2 is what it is.

Well I go thru this stuff with my hippie liberal sister lol I couldnt defend the Abu Garhib and the Puppy throw but at least this one I could explain! Those of us in command posistions need to do a better job explaining to the young ones that stuff like this gets people killed....We have to stop giving AQ recruiting material!

I don't think there are any "Armchair Marines" in this thread...not sure if that was what you were implying. I think there are some people in here who support and have the utmost respect for anyone willing to go into battle for our armed forces. Especially men such as ssgtam08.

Armchair Marines as in those that never see a day of service and yet deem themselves all the experts in assessing things that are not in evidence or furthermore, behaving as one of the guys. I was replying to ssgtam08 as an example of what is relevant- even in light of the mission he and the real soldiers and marines have been given.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Armchair Marines as in those that never see a day of service and yet deem themselves all the experts in assessing things that are not in evidence or furthermore, behaving as one of the guys. I was replying to ssgtam08 as an example of what is relevant- even in light of the mission he and the real soldiers and marines have been given.

Are you addressing anyone in particular as an "Armchair Marine"

Save Shpat's threads

Timeline

Should I be?

The answer is no. I am just bewildered by the justification of the unjustifiable.

Should I be?

The answer is no. I am just bewildered by the justification of the unjustifiable.

Well anyway, I'll concede my point/argument based on what ssgtam08 explained.

ssgtam08, thanks for serving...you've done what, in my opinion, is one of the most honorable things an American can do :thumbs:

Save Shpat's threads

We agree on the points that ssgtam08 brought up from the get go. :)

i also, think the staff sgt is spot on

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think maybe I was too critical on the younger guys a little bit...All these younger guys did something I am not sure I would have done and that is they all volunteered when we were already at war......I joined in good old 1995 when America cared more about who was Clinton was showing his thing too then what Osama was doing.

It was easy for me to reenlist cause I knew what I was in for to go to combat...My mom would not of let me come in if we were at war...

ANYWAY All I am saying I can say with a high degree of certainty that the conversation that these yahoos had was not the discussion going on in the other vehicles...

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Timeline
I think maybe I was too critical on the younger guys a little bit...All these younger guys did something I am not sure I would have done and that is they all volunteered when we were already at war......I joined in good old 1995 when America cared more about who was Clinton was showing his thing too then what Osama was doing.

It was easy for me to reenlist cause I knew what I was in for to go to combat...My mom would not of let me come in if we were at war...

ANYWAY All I am saying I can say with a high degree of certainty that the conversation that these yahoos had was not the discussion going on in the other vehicles...

Imagine what a sad state the Marines and our military would be in if that were indeed the case.

my son was at abu g..was an interrogator...he reports, most american troops...were respectful ...maybe, cause he got sent them after the sh!t hit the fan there..but most soldiers demonstrated professionalism..they worked with many iraqis....and felt a bond to train them./.so, i think this was isolated and probably a sense of humor gone wry incident

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
my son was at abu g..was an interrogator...he reports, most american troops...were respectful ...maybe, cause he got sent them after the sh!t hit the fan there..but most soldiers demonstrated professionalism..they worked with many iraqis....and felt a bond to train them./.so, i think this was isolated and probably a sense of humor gone wry incident

Given the seriouosness of the potential action and the history behind things like Abu Ghraib... there should be some kind of oversight that punishes the soldiers. This is potentially a 4th Geneva Convention violation for admitted knowledge of potential harm to a civilian. Not good for the image of a respectable and caring military occupation that I think we'd like to convey to the civilian population or Iraq.

No doubt. I remember (vaguely) how unpleasant it was for our fire team to be "tuned up" by some one in the command structure, but it definitely changed the way we behaved around the locals - regardless of what we were feeling. Maintaining military bearing (and maybe not creating stupid videos?) requires reinforcing by unit leadership - good call.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Luky Strike calls Muslims usual suspects, i am not a muslim, i do respect them as i respect other religions. :ot2:

Whoa there cowboy. ISLAMIC TERRORISTS are the usual subjects. Don't ever put words in my mouth again. DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

fightfightfightkp8.jpg

You wish A.J :jest:

Edited by vjmmbr

Timeline

No doubt. I remember (vaguely) how unpleasant it was for our fire team to be "tuned up" by some one in the command structure, but it definitely changed the way we behaved around the locals - regardless of what we were feeling. Maintaining military bearing (and maybe not creating stupid videos?) requires reinforcing by unit leadership - good call.

Would you say that perhaps the availability of video recording equipment stimulates some kind of behavior contrary to military discipline? I wouldn't agree too much but perhaps there is some kind of trigger effect whereas it brings out something lurking in some individuals.

Would you say that perhaps the availability of video recording equipment stimulates some kind of behavior contrary to military discipline? I wouldn't agree too much but perhaps there is some kind of trigger effect whereas it brings out something lurking in some individuals.

No - just saying that young kids do and say goofy things, and given the situation, might need to be taught that recording that woman might not be the right thing to do. Circumstances meaning they were in the middle of a mission. I can't say with authority because I wasn't there though.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif