*Maureen*

TUESDAY!!

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thankfully we live just down the street from USCIS because the roads were busy today with construction and traffic. So heres how our day went for the Interview. We got there around 10am, went through security on the first floor, then to the 2nd floor to sign in, then up to the 3rd floor. There was about half a room full of people waiting. It seemed like we waited for awhile. Finally an older gentleman called his name and greeted us and we followed him through the doors into his office. He apologized for the wait and then proceeded to tell us to raise our right hand for the Oath.

Then we all seated. He asked us our names and opened up our file with a ton of papers & said we needed to go over one file. He went through the list to ask Adam the questions regarding what was on the I130 (the questions about are you a spy, or terrorist or communist)

Then asked Adam to verify his name, birthday, address here, parents name & if he ever had any kids anywhere in the world. He asked me if I was his wife & I said YES & if either of us ever had been married & we said No and he said ok good. He looked at our marriage paper from Egypt & asked us where the date was on it.

Then he asked me about my job and if I still work 2 jobs. I told him yes but one job is a one day a week thing & that I brought a letter from my full time employer about how much I make per hour & how many hours per week I work & also a letter from our bank to the Officer. He said Ok good & asked if I had anything to add to the file. So I gave him a copy of our rent agreement, rent insurance, electric bill & he added it to our file. I asked if he wanted to see any pictures & he said it wasnt necessary. He asked Adam how we met & Adam told him about meeting online in 2005, then meeting our grandparents in March 2006. He said to me, "Oh your family met him in Egypt?" I told him yes my grandparents were on vacation to Israel & Egypt & I had asked them to meet him first. He said ok, then said... "Well, its good that ya'll have been married more than 2 yrs bcz I am approving you for the Card & it will be for 10 yrs." We said Thank You & he printed out the approval letter & said the card should arrive soon. Then we said Praise the LORD! :dance:

Glad its over! What a huge relief! We got outside & got excited all over again and thanking the LORD outloud for HIS goodness & mercy & for HIS perfect time! (F)

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Thankfully we live just down the street from USCIS because the roads were busy today with construction and traffic. So heres how our day went for the Interview. We got there around 10am, went through security on the first floor, then to the 2nd floor to sign in, then up to the 3rd floor. There was about half a room full of people waiting. It seemed like we waited for awhile. Finally an older gentleman called his name and greeted us and we followed him through the doors into his office. He apologized for the wait and then proceeded to tell us to raise our right hand for the Oath.

Then we all seated. He asked us our names and opened up our file with a ton of papers & said we needed to go over one file. He went through the list to ask Adam the questions regarding what was on the I130 (the questions about are you a spy, or terrorist or communist)

Then asked Adam to verify his name, birthday, address here, parents name & if he ever had any kids anywhere in the world. He asked me if I was his wife & I said YES & if either of us ever had been married & we said No and he said ok good. He looked at our marriage paper from Egypt & asked us where the date was on it.

Then he asked me about my job and if I still work 2 jobs. I told him yes but one job is a one day a week thing & that I brought a letter from my full time employer about how much I make per hour & how many hours per week I work & also a letter from our bank to the Officer. He said Ok good & asked if I had anything to add to the file. So I gave him a copy of our rent agreement, rent insurance, electric bill & he added it to our file. I asked if he wanted to see any pictures & he said it wasnt necessary. He asked Adam how we met & Adam told him about meeting online in 2005, then meeting our grandparents in March 2006. He said to me, "Oh your family met him in Egypt?" I told him yes my grandparents were on vacation to Israel & Egypt & I had asked them to meet him first. He said ok, then said... "Well, its good that ya'll have been married more than 2 yrs bcz I am approving you for the Card & it will be for 10 yrs." We said Thank You & he printed out the approval letter & said the card should arrive soon. Then we said Praise the LORD! :dance:

Glad its over! What a huge relief! We got outside & got excited all over again and thanking the LORD outloud for HIS goodness & mercy & for HIS perfect time! (F)

YaY!!!!!!!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats Jackie, Tamera and Adam- good news all the way around today!!!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

my dilemma of the moment: do I

a) go home at 4, clean up house a bit and have music and candlelight all set and ready to go for when I pick hubby up from train station

B) work until 4:30ish and pick him up at 5 and go home together.

:unsure:

gaaah..... B) is supposed to be the letter b

ummm. go home at 3pm..watch tv, then set the music and candlelight and then pick up hubby :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Congrats Tamara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is a relief to be set free from USCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks! a huge relief! well, so now Adam doesnt need to carry around his passport everywhere or his SS card. Does he need to keep his GC with him or is it better to just keep it at home since he has his driving permit?
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

I recommend keeping the GC with him in his wallet behind his drivers license or other important documents. U never know when someone is going to request documentation that he is here legally. Thats just my opinion though.

many many mabrooks :dance: to you both!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Just a quick update then we gotta go out again... Adam & I passed our AOS interview and was told we were approved & will receive the 10yr green card! :dance: Praise to the LORD! We got there at 10:05am... was supposed to be at 1030am ... we left our cell phones in the car so we didnt know what time we officially got into the office to interview. He didnt look at any of our pictures. It only lasted 30 minutes. I will write about that when we get home later from taking the kitties to the Vet. :energy: yay! :dance:

:dance: Awesome News Tamara and Adam!! Congrats!! :dance:

Timeline
Thanks! a huge relief! well, so now Adam doesnt need to carry around his passport everywhere or his SS card. Does he need to keep his GC with him or is it better to just keep it at home since he has his driving permit?

The GC says on it that it is to be carried at all times :) So yeah, he'll need to keep it with him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

The GC says on it that it is to be carried at all times :) So yeah, he'll need to keep it with him.

Really, I never carried mine - back in the day...I wonder if things have changed since 2002...hmmmmmmmm

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
Really, I never carried mine - back in the day...I wonder if things have changed since 2002...hmmmmmmmm

Well, that's just what it said... now Ammar has never been carded and he was even pulled over once. I imagine it's not much of a big deal in many cases as long as you are not part of whichever is the group du jour that ICE and whatnot are trying to crack for illegal immigration :)

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

My DH always kept it at home for safekeeping...he took it out if he needed to do anything for a new job or naturally going to CIS. As long as he has a driver's license or state issued ID he should be fine. Once you do get it though, go back to the DMV and have them update his record that he now has a permanent green card. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.