salma09

need advices

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello All, my husband applied for K1 (I-129f) visa for me which got denied in 2006 so he came to my country in 2007 and we got married and applied for I-130 & I-129 last year in july, he also wrote to CSC that they should now cancell the old I-129f, it has been 13 months nothing has been done on our I-130 and I-129, he wrote and called several times...all CSC tells him is to wait, he finally wrote and called his congress people, they are suppose to be doing inquiry on his behalf...nothing yet and hiring a lawyer will be the last thing we want to do, my question is has anyone here had similar situations with their applications taking that long? Please advice me what needs to be done, any help will be highly appreciated, Thanks to all and Good Luck !

Oh my God, it's a hard situation... Why you didn't apply for a waiver after you got ur k1 denied???

I will be glad to help, but i haven't read of a situation like yours here (in the last few of months I've been arround)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Yes, we really do need to know why it was denied. Having your K-1 denied, then marrying and reapplying without having dealt with the reason the K-1 was denied in the first place might not change the outcome of the I-130, I-129 anyway.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello All, my husband applied for K1 (I-129f) visa for me which got denied in 2006 so he came to my country in 2007 and we got married and applied for I-130 & I-129 last year in july, he also wrote to CSC that they should now cancell the old I-129f, it has been 13 months nothing has been done on our I-130 and I-129, he wrote and called several times...all CSC tells him is to wait, he finally wrote and called his congress people, they are suppose to be doing inquiry on his behalf...nothing yet and hiring a lawyer will be the last thing we want to do, my question is has anyone here had similar situations with their applications taking that long? Please advice me what needs to be done, any help will be highly appreciated, Thanks to all and Good Luck !

Hi, my US Citizen husband filed I-130 on July 2007 and I-129F (K3) on September 2007. Did your husband received a Notice of Receipt (NOA1) and (Notice of Approval) NOA2 on his filed I-129 (K3) petition?

Both I-130 and I-129 (K3) were approved just this April 2008. And I'm just waiting now for my visa. All I know is that, July 2007 filers will take longer to process than usual because of the increase in fees last July 30, 2007. You may check USCIS website and their timeline at www.uscis.gov. I've read somewhere before (I just don't remember the website) that there are times documents submitted were lost in NVC that is why process is taking much longer. I will try to look again for the website and link it here. :)

And they are right. You also need to know the reason why you are denied on your K1.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i got 221g for k1 and they sent my case back to US, and in the website they said that they recieve the case to review it but it s taking longer and my husband wrote letter and called them to cancel it, i think that what cause the delay for our 130, thanks for your reply

Same trip happened to me. Did you get the letter of cancellation yet? Took quite awhile for me to get mine.

If congressman doesn't come thru try your senator. My congressman didn't do anyhting and I contacted my senator who came thru BIGTIME!

What was the reason for denial the first time??

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

no my husband did not get any letter from them even if he wrote to them and called , we don t know the reason for denial for k1 but now we are married and they have our application from last july 2007, nothing yet, do you think because of k1 ?

I suggest you try and find out why you were denied the first time around. Have senator or congressman find out why. Also have them find out why it's taking so long with your spousal petition. Don't know if they are related or not.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

What did it say on the 221g? Again...you have to know why your case was denied so that you can overcome that with the new applications. If you truly don't know, and it doesn't say anything, or nothing is checked on the 221g, then you must contact Congressman or Senator's office and get onto this right away!

Have you checked out the Regional Forums on here, specifically Middle East/North Africa? They might have information and contacts for you that have been helpful for them in these type of situations. Please check out this forum.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.