HumanUnit

Sent in the DS230

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I'm pretty much done on my part - now just to hope and pray that everything's OK and that we get an interview in Montreal some time this century! :dance:

Couple of concerns though - does anyone know if mail deliveries to the NVC have been slowed down due to the flooding in New Hampshire? I sent my Affidavit of Support on May 5th and it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm going to call and chew Canada Post out today but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this type of delay?

Also, regarding the medical examination - it says that instructions will follow when the interview date is given but that only gives us a month of lead time. I'm wondering if we can just go ahead and make the appointment with one of the doctors listed on the Montreal Embassy information webpage on this site? I'm sure they'll know what to do - is there anything specific we need to know with regard to these forthcoming instructions?

Finally, about the SSN number and visa - I checked the box which asked if I wanted them to assign my husband a SSN. Does anyone have any idea how long that takes to arrive? Finally, regarding the visa - most of the embassy reviews here say that you can go back for your visa the next day. Has anyone heard of a situation where that hasn't happened with Montreal? I just want to make sure that it's OK for us to plan for him to leave shortly after the interview.

Thanks in advance, as always :).

Nov 29 2005 I-130 received at VSC

Mar 13 2006 I-130 approved at CSC

April 24 2006 $380 mailed to NVC

May 5 2006 I-186 mailed to NVC

May 18 2006 I-186 received by NVC

I didnt even know it was flooding so can't help you there.

I am also unfamiliar with medical appointments for Montreal but I am assuming that it could be ok for you to book in advance. If its anything like here in Australia though, I had to bring along all the forms that were sent to me in packet 4, which were in the US still, instead of with me, so I printed them out and they wouldnt accept them on the day of the appointment. Luckily they had spare copies. Unless you have a really good idea on when the interview is, you could wind up having to reschedule if you dont receive packet 4 in time. You could also (knock on wood) be held up in getting case complete at NVC. Whilst they seem to of late to be moving through to case complete fairly quickly, there is always that chance.

Have a read of this thread for mdyoung's post on SSN

As for planning to leave shortly after interview. It is always advisable not to book tickets prior to visa in hand as anything could happen which holds up the issuance of the visa. Or low and behold one might have to have it reissued as crashandcari had to, when his sex was put down as female. (sorry crash lol you will never live that one down)

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

HumanUnit,

Scary thought. Hope your submission isn't underwater somewhere.

Yodrak

Couple of concerns though - does anyone know if mail deliveries to the NVC have been slowed down due to the flooding in New Hampshire? I sent my Affidavit of Support on May 5th and it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm going to call and chew Canada Post out today but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this type of delay?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called the NVC and they did receive my documents yesterday! Canada Post is smoking something funny!

Nov 29 2005 I-130 received at VSC

Mar 13 2006 I-130 approved at CSC

April 24 2006 $380 mailed to NVC

May 5 2006 I-186 mailed to NVC

May 18 2006 I-186 received by NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.