Trumplestiltskin

The Olympics: Did anyone see....

92 posts in this topic

I know I'm going to sound like a dummy but I like seeing him there to support our teams and he is also getting other political work done too. He has spoken about certain lacking freedoms while inside the country. It's not just fun. But some people want to hate Bush no matter what he does instead of disagreeing with his policies.

Bush talking about another country lacking freedoms...sorry, but that is funny. Maybe he should start at home. If we were a shining beacon of FREEDOM, then he would be able to say something. Anyone for extraordinary rendition???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia and Russia.... ohh I forgot Bush in the middle

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

I agree :yes:

Lifting Conditions

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Bush is a tw*t.

Would that be tw*t with an "a" or tw*t with an "i" ??? :jest:

Either one would be fitting. :P

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I just have no clue how he got voted into office twice.. but someone told me that at the time he was the lesser of two evils or something...

I honestly don't believe Bush is an "idiot or a moron," unlike many here. He may not be a genius (and neither are most presidents -- we've only had one with a PhD, for instance), but he obviously did something right in order to get elected twice.

Perhaps, instead of thinking Bush is retarded, we should look at ourselves first. We, for all intents and purposes, elected him two times. Maybe it's not Bush who's dumb, but the American public. ;)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I just have no clue how he got voted into office twice.. but someone told me that at the time he was the lesser of two evils or something...

I honestly don't believe Bush is an "idiot or a moron," unlike many here. He may not be a genius (and neither are most presidents -- we've only had one with a PhD, for instance), but he obviously did something right in order to get elected twice.

Perhaps, instead of thinking Bush is retarded, we should look at ourselves first. We, for all intents and purposes, elected him two times. Maybe it's not Bush who's dumb, but the American public. ;)

*I* didn't elect him. As for what he did right - his campaign team simply had better marketing than the other guy. I don't see much reason to believe it had anything to do with his "quality" as a politician - for all intents and purposes that's irrelevant. For all Kerry's faults he absolutely wiped the flaw in the '04 debates - George had nothing to say outside of slogans and buzz phrases.

Besides you don't think there's something wrong that the man makes a mockery of every serious issue he tries to weigh in on? That and he tries to make himself out as this "man of peace" despite starting one of the costliest wars in American history...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

*I* didn't elect him. As for what he did right - his campaign team simply had better marketing than the other guy. I don't see much reason to believe it had anything to do with his "quality" as a politician - for all intents and purposes that's irrelevant. For all Kerry's faults he absolutely wiped the flaw in the '04 debates - George had nothing to say outside of slogans and buzz phrases.

Besides you don't think there's something wrong that the man makes a mockery of every serious issue he tries to weigh in on? That and he tries to make himself out as this "man of peace" despite starting one of the costliest wars in American history...

It's interesting that you should say that. I feel exactly the same way about JFK. In the 1960s, that man won the presidency primarily based on his "youthful good looks" and his wife's fashion sense. Ask those who were around at the time and they'll tell you the same thing: those who listened over the radio said that Nixon "won the debate," while the people who watched it on TV said Kennedy clinched it.

If you really want to examine JFK's short-lived presidency, his main claims to fame are "being young and the whole Camelot ridiculousness," "nearly getting us into a nuclear war," "having an affair with Marilyn Monroe," and in the end, "getting assassinated." In fact, I have a feeling we wouldn't remember JFK nearly as much as we do today if he hadn't been killed.

I realize this thread isn't about JFK, but the point I'm trying to make is that Democrats (and liberals in general) have practically built a shrine to JFK, even though he did very little of any real value as president. For some reason, however, that's perfectly okay, but when Bush does it, it's a national and international travesty.

Well I didn't elect him either... This is not only an American Forum you have to know, what I think about Bush is because all the effects of his presidency in my country....

Lifting Conditions

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

bush is a liar and a scoundrel...has did more too put this country in ecomomic shabbles, and is herbert hoover reborn

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well I didn't elect him either... This is not only an American Forum you have to know, what I think about Bush is because all the effects of his presidency in my country....

which is what?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's interesting that you should say that. I feel exactly the same way about JFK. In the 1960s, that man won the presidency primarily based on his "youthful good looks" and his wife's fashion sense. Ask those who were around at the time and they'll tell you the same thing: those who listened over the radio said that Nixon "won the debate," while the people who watched it on TV said Kennedy clinched it.

If you really want to examine JFK's short-lived presidency, his main claims to fame are "being young and the whole Camelot ridiculousness," "nearly getting us into a nuclear war," "having an affair with Marilyn Monroe," and in the end, "getting assassinated." In fact, I have a feeling we wouldn't remember JFK nearly as much as we do today if he hadn't been killed.

I realize this thread isn't about JFK, but the point I'm trying to make is that Democrats (and liberals in general) have practically built a shrine to JFK, even though he did very little of any real value as president. For some reason, however, that's perfectly okay, but when Bush does it, it's a national and international travesty.

I have no idealised image of JFK (or really much of an image at all) - so I'm not sure bringing him up here really works as an example of supposed Liberal hypocrisy (if indeed we really have to boil it down to that same old Left Vs. Right gruel). I wasn't around during his presidency, though some of the policies that came out of his and subsequently LBJ's administration weren't exactly sterling (Bay of Pigs, Vietnam etc).

That however doesn't (and shouldn't detract) from what I've said about W. My main beef with him is that he seems woefully unqualified for the office he holds, cheapens with his presence, and which he should never have been elected for (and likely wouldn't have been if people hadn't been spoon-fed on the merits of his candidacy by clever marketing).

Certainly there's nothing about the man that suggests he is a good statesman - he doesn't speak well in public, he seems unable or unwilling to answer tough questions in a way that suggests he understands the gravity of what he's talking about. Rather, this is someone who rather than answer a question from a reporter about constitutional rights he either needs "to ask the secretary" or falls back on some smutty joke).

Edited by Number 6

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes. We deserve whom represents us.

I know exactly what you mean. Your country among others.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I never voted for his tarded #######, so im not part of this WE. please do not concider some as ALL. Also, im part of the american public, and certainly NOT dumb.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!