AVISA

QUESTION REGARDING THE AOS & IV FEE AT NVC

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ's

I just wanted to know I filled I-129F and I-130 which were approved from VSC on August 1, 2008. Currently now are file is at NVC I wanted to know that to speed up the process can I pay the fee online. I asked my lawyer who said it can not be paid online is this true? Has anyone payed their fees online at NVC for I-129F and I-130. Does this create any problems? Does it help speed up the process? My beneficary is in Mumabi, India.

Thanks in advance to all those help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi VJ's

I just wanted to know I filled I-129F and I-130 which were approved from VSC on August 1, 2008. Currently now are file is at NVC I wanted to know that to speed up the process can I pay the fee online. I asked my lawyer who said it can not be paid online is this true? Has anyone payed their fees online at NVC for I-129F and I-130. Does this create any problems? Does it help speed up the process? My beneficary is in Mumabi, India.

If you require assistance, please fill in your timeline. There will be plenty of members to help you with this. Please help us by posting your timeline.

Thanks,

CJ

Edited by CJ Vasani

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi VJ's

The I-129F and the I-130 are petitions and all fees for there processing must have been paid upon original submission. If you are talking about the visa fees (CR-1 or K-3), then the NVC will process the CR-1 fees but if the K-3 is the visa of choice then as far as I know the fee stil gets paid at the consulate...

YMMV

:thumbs: K-3 fee is paid at the consulate.

Hi VJ's

The I-129F and the I-130 are petitions and all fees for there processing must have been paid upon original submission. If you are talking about the visa fees (CR-1 or K-3), then the NVC will process the CR-1 fees but if the K-3 is the visa of choice then as far as I know the fee stil gets paid at the consulate...

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

:thumbs: K-3 fee is paid at the consulate.

Hi VJ's

Then what is the IV bill that I keep hearing can be paid online. I am not sure which way we want to go right now but can we pay the fee for either at NVC. The fee lawyer said is $400 and $70.

Which one does everyone usually pay when they are paying online. PLease let me know thanks.

Timeline
Then what is the IV bill that I keep hearing can be paid online. I am not sure which way we want to go right now but can we pay the fee for either at NVC. The fee lawyer said is $400 and $70.

Which one does everyone usually pay when they are paying online. PLease let me know thanks.

The $400 is the IV or Immigrant Visa (aka... IR(CR) visa). The $70, if I am not mistaken is the I-864 Affidavit of Support Fee.

If you want the immigrant visa you need to pay both... if you want the K-3 you pay neither.

The K-3 fee or non-immigrant visa fee is $131 and paid to the consulate.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

The $400 is the IV or Immigrant Visa (aka... IR(CR) visa). The $70, if I am not mistaken is the I-864 Affidavit of Support Fee.

If you want the immigrant visa you need to pay both... if you want the K-3 you pay neither.

So if I am not mistaking you are saying that the IR(CR) visa can be paid online at NVC, right after obtaining the INN or watever is called right? Does it create delay or speed up the process. Thanks in advance.

Right, if you want to pursue the Immigrant visa (CR1 or IR1), you will need to pay the IV fee bill and the AOS fee bill. Those can be paid online. If you want to pursue the K3, the non-IV fee is the $131 and paid by the foreign beneficiary prior to the interview in the foreign country.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Timeline
So if I am not mistaking you are saying that the IR(CR) visa can be paid online at NVC, right after obtaining the INN or watever is called right? Does it create delay or speed up the process. Thanks in advance.

The sooner you pay the sooner your case moves to the next step....

YMMV

OK i talked with the NVC and they said that I can only pay the $70 fee as the $400 has not been generated yet. How would I know if it has been generated will the automatic system tell me this information once I call them. The only thing is telling me right now is that they have recieved my approval notice and that the lawyer will get the rest. I talked to the lady at NVC and was told only to pay the $70 as the $400 has not yet been generated. I wanted to know if someone has done this before. How would I know that the $400 has been generated. Please help. thanks.

Timeline

OK i talked with the NVC and they said that I can only pay the $70 fee as the $400 has not been generated yet. How would I know if it has been generated will the automatic system tell me this information once I call them. The only thing is telling me right now is that they have recieved my approval notice and that the lawyer will get the rest. I talked to the lady at NVC and was told only to pay the $70 as the $400 has not yet been generated. I wanted to know if someone has done this before. How would I know that the $400 has been generated. Please help. thanks.

Of course you cannot pay if the bill has not been generated. they won't know how or where to post the payment. My understanding is the automatic system is updated as things change. So when the IV fee is generated the system should indicate such.

YMMV

Of course you cannot pay if the bill has not been generated. they won't know how or where to post the payment. My understanding is the automatic system is updated as things change. So when the IV fee is generated the system should indicate such.

Thanks for the reply...i am seriously looking for any help bcz the lawyer is saying it might take another 6-7months for my wife to be here...its already been long thanks to VSC.

Anyways, what happens if I pay the AOS fee...will the case be forwarded to the benficary country. Also if the IV Bill has not been generated then why is showing up under my NOT PAID at NVC payment website.

Thanks for all of you for the quck reply your great help.

Timeline

Thanks for the reply...i am seriously looking for any help bcz the lawyer is saying it might take another 6-7months for my wife to be here...its already been long thanks to VSC.

Anyways, what happens if I pay the AOS fee...will the case be forwarded to the benficary country. Also if the IV Bill has not been generated then why is showing up under my NOT PAID at NVC payment website.

Your I-130 case does not go forward to the consulate until all steps that NVC performs are complete.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Your I-130 case does not go forward to the consulate until all steps that NVC performs are complete.

So how long does it take for the NVC to send the AOS & IV Fee Bill to my lawyer does it take week or longer.The automatic system says about 6-8weeks for lawyer to recieve the paper. By paying the bill online does it make the process faster or just the same. I was reading on one of the post here at VJ that paying the bill makes the process quicker as the case is completed and forwarded to the beneficary. Do you know why the IV Bill is showing under NVC website to pay if it has not been generated has this happen to you or anyone else reading this please reply.

It takes a week or 2 to get the AOS bill and the bill is showing because that's how the system is built, but you have to wait until the IV bill is generated usually when they received and process the ds3032!!

Uses Loto's guide or james's shortcut, don't wait until your lawyer get the papers by mail, that can takes months

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.