crofton

Is oath same day as interview?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife has her US citisenship interview scheduled at Baltimore office this month. She is also scheduled for her history, english and government test on the same day. Assuming that interview goes well and she passes the test, when she will have her oath for the citizenship? I read thru some people's Baltimore office experiences and from that I did not get a clear picture when does the Baltimore office schedules the oath ceremonies. Some people mentioned that they had their oath done the same day and some people said that they had oath schedules at some later time. I am confused. :(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

from what I heard the interview and the oath are not on the same day... they are scheduled a few weeks months later.. I think they wait until they have a bunch of people and do them all at once...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife has her US citisenship interview scheduled at Baltimore office this month. She is also scheduled for her history, english and government test on the same day. Assuming that interview goes well and she passes the test, when she will have her oath for the citizenship? I read thru some people's Baltimore office experiences and from that I did not get a clear picture when does the Baltimore office schedules the oath ceremonies. Some people mentioned that they had their oath done the same day and some people said that they had oath schedules at some later time. I am confused. :(

A friend of mine had her interview in may and was called for the Oath in June, it was exactly 4 weeks, that was NY, I'm not sure about baltimore, I don't think its longer than 3 months though, from day of interview.

from what I heard the interview and the oath are not on the same day... they are scheduled a few weeks months later..

Marilyn,

Are you speaking specific to the Baltimore office or in general?

I am not familiar with the specifics of the Baltimore office. However, some other DO's conduct interview and oath on the same day. Newark, for example.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
from what I heard the interview and the oath are not on the same day... they are scheduled a few weeks months later..

Marilyn,

Are you speaking specific to the Baltimore office or in general?

I am not familiar with the specifics of the Baltimore office. However, some other DO's conduct interview and oath on the same day. Newark, for example.

oh I didn't not know that.. I was speaking generally..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

A friend of mine had her interview in may and was called for the Oath in June, it was exactly 4 weeks, that was NY, I'm not sure about baltimore, I don't think its longer than 3 months though, from day of interview.

I am thinking about it too. Is it possible to re-schedule the oath taking?

Walley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since I have been on this board only a couple of people were able to say the oath the same day as the interview, one was at Dallas, the other I don't recall. Wife asked at St. Paul, they do not do that. The other interest was learning if they schedule dates of the oath ceremony, Baltimore does not, St. Paul does, and whether this is good or bad, who knows.

We know they give us a certificate of citizenship, need the form, laminate your photo to it and not really that much information, name of citizen, sex, birthday, height, and country of origin, where the oath ceremony took place, and the date, applicant has to sign on the dotted line, but the real big hang up seems to be who signs the bottom line. Understand that can be a district manager, a US or State judge depending on whether a name change was done.

With some oath ceremonies reported with as many as 14,000 applicants, can only wonder if that judge has to sign 14,000 certificates. Then I assume they have to record each certificate into their database.

Can only guess how the information is sent to wherever this certificates are prepared, wife saw her folder, over a three in stack of information, if they have to send a thousand or even fourteen thousand of those folders someplace, would really be quite a truckload. Or more logically, just send yet another form with the basic data and the photos, or perhaps, even the certificate itself.

All in all, has to be quite the production process and depending on the organization, the workers, and the large volumes encountered, has to take time.

On every form we received did find provisions for rescheduling, but how can you reschedule if you do not have that form? With the machinery involved, can see where a reschedule would really throw a wrench in the gears and those that reported here had to wait a long long time.

For most of us here, the USCIS has ruled our lives for the last five years, coming close to the end and cannot wait until it's finally over, is getting frustrating, again. Maybe that oath letter will come in today.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Oath is depending on service center.. I got my naturalization 2 months after I had submitted my N400, including the interview and oath at the same day.. This is in Dallas.. We are about 200 people in that immigration office when we did the oath.. I had finish my interview at 9:30 am. (8;30am is my appointment but the interview only took 15 minutes. Then the ceremony took place at 2:30pm..

We returned our greencard and received the naturalization certification.. Be careful on how you sign your name.. it should be the same signature as what you put in the photos..

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

• 5 years later...

My experience was that a couple of weeks ago, I had my interview in the Baltimore field office. At the conclusion of the interview, the IO asked me if I was available to take the Oath later that day.

My experience was that a couple of weeks ago, I had my interview in the Baltimore field office. At the conclusion of the interview, the IO asked me if I was available to take the Oath later that day.

did you notice this thread is like 5 years old !

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

Er...more like six years.

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 7th August, 2014)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Depends on location and situation. My wife had her interview in Memphis where they dont do same day oath. But she was military and they had a special administrative naturalization ceremony same day for military members. I think it just depends on location and situation.

never noticed how old this thread is... hehe... Lost in Time...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further comments~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.