joshhodg

Overdoing Evidence

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well thanks for the help, I will try to cut down my evidence to just about 5 pages. I am just not quite sure how I am going to do that. The problem is I didn't know about any of this when i proposed to her so I don't have any of the receipts from the Philippines, not even the plane tickets.

I suggest sending a little bit of everything - that's what we did. We sent 6 pictures, but from over the years, a few e-mails/translations, one phone bill, used phone cards, copies of Brazilian visas/stamps, one itinerary, proof I'd lived/worked in Brazil...etc. I think you need to send enough that you feel confident that you're showing your bona fide relationship, but you have to remember that someone is going to see your application and will not want to look at 200 pages...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Well thanks for the help, I will try to cut down my evidence to just about 5 pages. I am just not quite sure how I am going to do that. The problem is I didn't know about any of this when i proposed to her so I don't have any of the receipts from the Philippines, not even the plane tickets.

The stamps in your passport are primary evidence of you being there and should be sufficient to meet the requirement of having met in the past two years. Remember that evidence of bona fides is not required at petition filing. You'll need that for the interview. Cutting it down will likely involve a big trash can.

Do you have red flags to address?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

WOW...I'M A LITTLE LATE IN REPLYING BECAUSE YOU ALREADY RECEIVED AN ABUNDANCE OF GOOD REPLYS.

BUT I WOULD SAY 200 PAGES IS MORE THEN ENOUGH EVIDENCE ESPECIALLY FOR THE INTERVIEW PART OF THE PROCESS.

200 PAGES WOULD MORE THEN PROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION! IF I WAS THE CONSULATE IT WILL MAKE ME GO CRAZY...ALL THOSE PAPERS!

BUT, HEY THEY WANT EVIDENCE SO YOU GAVE THEM EVIDENCE :lol::lol:

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Edited by K&A

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know of any red flags I might have. I have never been in trouble with the law. I am a college student. I work at a pizza place my dad owns. I am 20. She has never been in trouble with the law. She is 19. Her job is illegal, but its not prostitution and we just said she has not had a job before. Are any of those red flags?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I personally don't think you can have too much evidence at the interview. I say wow them with it all and they can pick and choose if they want to see it or not. Andre had 2 scrapbooks full of pictures. The man chose to look at a few pages.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I personally don't think you can have too much evidence at the interview. I say wow them with it all and they can pick and choose if they want to see it or not.

This is true. However, also bear in mind that the consular officer can refuse to look at ANY of what you have brought and can kick you out of the interview with a 221g that requests "proof of validity of relationship"! I know of three couples to whom this happened, and it is neither fun nor pleasant.

If I had it to do over again, I would have included considerably more "proof of relationship" in the I-129f package.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I don't know of any red flags I might have. I have never been in trouble with the law. I am a college student. I work at a pizza place my dad owns. I am 20. She has never been in trouble with the law. She is 19. Her job is illegal, but its not prostitution and we just said she has not had a job before. Are any of those red flags?

I'd think an illegal job that you're not telling the Embassy about is a red flag. If you've filled out forms and going to state at the interview that she has been or is unemployed you're lying.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was wondering if they discourage too much evidence of ongoing relationship? I am planning on turning in one page of excerpts from conversations had every day for about 6-8 months. So just for evidence of ongoing relationship the packet would have around 200 pages. I just think this has to be overdoing it, but I really don't want to be issued an RFE?

I have the same here and rather than sending samples of every day I selected one day a week. It saved on printing so much and being over loaded. Besides at least it showed consistency. I'm sure there are couples who don't have a chance to chat every day so I think samples of once a week is fine.

TexPamp

K-1

March 17, 2008.....I-129F Packet sent to Vermont Service Center

March 20, 2008.....I-129F arrived at Vermont Service Center

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

June 19, 2008.......Delbros Paid

June 30, 2008.......Medical (Passed)

July 18, 2008........Interview (Passed, Pink and White slip)

Sept 17, 2008.......Recieved Visa

Sept 19, 2008.......CFO at St. Mary's

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

Sept 23, 2008.......MARRIED

Sept 25, 2008.......Left Las Vegas driving home

Sept 26, 2008.......Arrived in El Paso, Texas

AOS

December 8, 2008 Package sent

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

It's overkill and you don't need it.

I put in about 3 emails total, 6 pictures and a couple of cards as my relationship evidence and we were approved no problems.

Send in a sample but 200 pages? Save a tree.

Best of luck!

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.