Pyramid Webcam

134 posts in this topic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

By the way, don't try sending a magic jack through the mail to Egypt, it will get confiscated going through customs. They told my husband they were going to ship it back to me, but that was a couple months ago and I still haven't received it.... :wacko:

Edited by Melly 2

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Timeline
By the way, don't try sending a magic jack through the mail to Egypt, it will get confiscated going through customs. They told my husband they were going to ship it back to me, but that was a couple months ago and I still haven't received it.... :wacko:

Awww Melly that sucks! I sent 2 so far to Egypt and had no issues. I sent it via regular post office in a box w/ many other things in the box. Everything made it fine and no one took it from them. The 2nd one I sent was via UPS and same way...no issues. I was sending to Cairo...don't know if that makes a difference of where you mailed to? (F)

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah I sent it in a box with a bunch of other things as well. This is the first time I've had any trouble sending things there. And yeah, to Cairo. *shrug*

It's just slightly irritating to lose the money for it if I'm not going to get it back. And I'm sure as heck not going to send another one through the mail after the first didn't go. lol

Glad that yours made it okay.

:)

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That sucks! I sent and Ikobo card to Waleed and he says he still hasn't got it and they charged me the annual fee of twelve dollars for it. Also to Cairo.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Wow, thank god I haven't had issues. I'm not calm when I lose things :P:blush:

Well an idea Olivia...send it with someone heading to Egypt...there are tons of folks that go back and forth. :P Why not hit someone up?

Although, to be honest, I stopped telling people I'm going overseas (in the US) cause everytime I end up as "Courier Annie" :lol: Last time I had that happen going to Jordan I spent two of my days waiting on others family members to stop by my cousins house and pick things up! You know Arab time...we will be there in 10 minutes that translates to 4 hours later! :devil::wacko:

Timeline

On their website.

Oh Dear - Our Image is not coming through - Mass Internet outages in Egypt after cables cut 2 hours ago CAIRO, Egypt (AP) — Egypt's communications ministry says Internet cables in the Mediterranean Sea have been cut, causing massive Internet outages. The ministry says three Internet cables running through the Mediterranean were cut Friday morning. Throughout the country the Internet is almost completely down or working sporadically. The ministry says it will take "several days" for cables to be repaired and is trying to switch Egypt's Internet to an alternative route.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

:thumbs:

From their site today:

Back in Business - Egypt Telcomm appears to be coping admirably with the cable outages and we are receiving great sunset pics once again. Happy Holidays out there and hope everybody is enjoying the Cam as it enters its fourth year.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.