Nasturtium

Caturday!!!

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
How is everyone's SO's holding up?

Things have been so tense between my husband and I. It seems like they are dragging out his process. All we are waiting on is his final approval (which is the big phone call) and booking the ticket. Somedays we are so disappointed that they don't call it spills over into our moods and we take it out on each other. Its hard because many refugees before him got the call much sooner, but lately they have slowed down on the calls for approval. Its killing us not knowing.

Sometimes I think we should have continued the visa process for him coming as a spouse. He would have done his embassy interview a couple months ago, but I am sure the security checks would have slowed him down like the other women with Iraqi spouses. It really bothers me when I see how fast the Iraqi women get their visas compared to the Iraqi men, though I know it shouldn't. Its just the way things are.

Oh sorry to hear about the frustrating time. I will pray for both of you. It should be any day now. :)

Thanks, I would really appreciate your prayers.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Things have been so tense between my husband and I. It seems like they are dragging out his process. All we are waiting on is his final approval (which is the big phone call) and booking the ticket. Somedays we are so disappointed that they don't call it spills over into our moods and we take it out on each other. Its hard because many refugees before him got the call much sooner, but lately they have slowed down on the calls for approval. Its killing us not knowing.

Sometimes I think we should have continued the visa process for him coming as a spouse. He would have done his embassy interview a couple months ago, but I am sure the security checks would have slowed him down like the other women with Iraqi spouses. It really bothers me when I see how fast the Iraqi women get their visas compared to the Iraqi men, though I know it shouldn't. Its just the way things are.

Oh sorry to hear about the frustrating time. I will pray for both of you. It should be any day now. :)

Thanks, I would really appreciate your prayers.

:luv::innocent:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

well my eyes are real heavy now, i think im going to call it a night. it seems things never change i'm always the first one to fall asleep at the slumber party back in my high school years. have a great night everybody!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Timeline

{{HUG}} I'm praying he gets that phone call SOOO soon :)(F)

well im hoping this time next year i have mine paid off!!

:dance: WOW...I'm jealous! I can't wait to have mine paid off!! :dance:

Sweet dreams!

Timeline
well my eyes are real heavy now, i think im going to call it a night. it seems things never change i'm always the first one to fall asleep at the slumber party back in my high school years. have a great night everybody!

nite. :luv:

well im hoping this time next year i have mine paid off!!

:dance: WOW...I'm jealous! I can't wait to have mine paid off!! :dance:

Sweet dreams!

:dance::thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Thanks you guys. It really makes me feel better to know there are people who are out there who care. I know I spend part of my prayers praying for people on VJ, lol. Its great we can have such a close group here.

Now, the new test is to see which pushes my patience more, this internet connection or my husband's visa, lol.

Thanks you guys. It really makes me feel better to know there are people who are out there who care. I know I spend part of my prayers praying for people on VJ, lol. Its great we can have such a close group here.

Now, the new test is to see which pushes my patience more, this internet connection or my husband's visa, lol.

The VISA for sure! Grrr!!! :bonk:

Timeline

lol, your right, visa for sure.

On a bright note I am making the Okra soup they make in the middle east, also called red soup. I've made it a few times, but I think from taste testing that this will be my best yet. I hate trying to make things I've never seen cooked and hardly ever eaten, but this is my husband's favorite so I really trying to perfect it.

lol, your right, visa for sure.

On a bright note I am making the Okra soup they make in the middle east, also called red soup. I've made it a few times, but I think from taste testing that this will be my best yet. I hate trying to make things I've never seen cooked and hardly ever eaten, but this is my husband's favorite so I really trying to perfect it.

With the meat? Bamieh? OMG!! Yummy! It's a classic :) I can't make it nearly as good as my hubby's mom or my aunts! LOL But I have tried. :D Can you send some my way? :whistle:

Timeline

I would be happy to send some your way. This batch turned out good though it isn't the exact same recipe as my MIL. I keep forgeting to write hers down so I can't remember it all. Instead I mix what I remember about hers with a recipe I found online.

I was pleased with how well it turned out this time. I modify a little each time to make it better.

I made an awesome curry the other nigh! It was delicious! I posted it in the mena diet and exercise thread just yesterday.

oooohhhh, that sounds good. I will have to check that one out. I've been wanting a good recipe for chicken curry.

Timeline

It's a vegtable curry one and man it was good. Even Mom was saying how good it was salivating over it. I love curry!

I am really looking forward to learning to cook egyptian foods from Waleed's Mom and sisters when I go to live there after gradution. If I have time before the documentary in Africa.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

My friend was just joking to me about my online support group for immigration calling us I.A. for Immigration Anonymous. :lol:

Coz she doesn't know all who I talk to online. :P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
It's a vegtable curry one and man it was good. Even Mom was saying how good it was salivating over it. I love curry!

I am really looking forward to learning to cook egyptian foods from Waleed's Mom and sisters when I go to live there after gradution. If I have time before the documentary in Africa.

By the time I get done with the recipe, it will be a vegetable and chicken curry, lol. I am always modifying things to the way I want them. I will let you know how it works out though. I just have to have meat for all the running I do. Otherwise I get weak and dizzy. Its weird. I had a friend who was trying so hard to be a strict vegetarian, but she was running every day so she couldn't cut it out completely or it messed her up. I think she cut it down to every other day, but I couldn't do that.

Love the comment about I.A. Thats a good one. We should call ourselves that from now on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.