Nasturtium

Caturday!!!

149 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Really, I haven't had much time to watch tv or the news so nothing much that I know of. The big thing around here is the GM Truck and Bus plant closing. Everybody is losing their jobs and it is going to have a trickle down effect. I hope it doesn't effect the hospital business too much.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, when he gets up in the middle of the night you can have your cuddle time with him and the cat! Ayman and myself felt like we were going to lose our mind with him the past few weeks. I think we have marks in the carpet where we have worn it down from walking with him.

Olivia...do you have a myspace? I've got a cute baby laughing video of Malek on mine.

I haven't had a MySpace since last Sept's and everything went down with Waleed. :( I won't get another one but I have a facebook that I mostly use for school.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Their showing swimming right now for the olympics. Were doing good. Brian Phelps already got one gold medal.

my favorite is watching gymnastics

My husband thinks he is preparing our baby to be a gymnast in the Olympics, lol!!! Seriously, the baby can put his legs over his head and do the strangest things with them. We call him Mr. Stretch.

Timeline

Tasha I think if ppl are in the health care or medical field they're going to be alright.

I love gymnastics! I wish I was getting to watch the Olympics. :crying:

:lol: Mr. Strech!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Well, when he gets up in the middle of the night you can have your cuddle time with him and the cat! Ayman and myself felt like we were going to lose our mind with him the past few weeks. I think we have marks in the carpet where we have worn it down from walking with him.

Olivia...do you have a myspace? I've got a cute baby laughing video of Malek on mine.

I haven't had a MySpace since last Sept's and everything went down with Waleed. :( I won't get another one but I have a facebook that I mostly use for school.

Well, I can't quite blame you if it caused troubles for you. I have a few friends that I grew up with that are spread throughout the US that we keep in touch with pics of the kids and so forth that way so I have kept mine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Their showing swimming right now for the olympics. Were doing good. Brian Phelps already got one gold medal.

My husband thinks he is preparing our baby to be a gymnast in the Olympics, lol!!! Seriously, the baby can put his legs over his head and do the strangest things with them. We call him Mr. Stretch.

You have to train them early, lol. Maybe your husband has the right idea.

They played men's gymnastics earlier today. Unfortunately China and Japan are really great so I don't know that our male gymnasts can hold up against them. The women's gymastics competition starts tommorow. I am really looking forward to that!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

how funny!

my daughter was in gymnastics a few years back and tried out for the team and made it but then dropped out about 3 months after, it was too much work :unsure: i wish she would have stayed, who knows i could have been there watching her in the olympics this year..lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline
Well, I can't quite blame you if it caused troubles for you. I have a few friends that I grew up with that are spread throughout the US that we keep in touch with pics of the kids and so forth that way so I have kept mine.

If men would stay out of trouble. :whistle:

They played men's gymnastics earlier today. Unfortunately China and Japan are really great so I don't know that our male gymnasts can hold up against them. The women's gymastics competition starts tommorow. I am really looking forward to that!

Too bad our Men's Olympic Gold Medalist had to back out because he needed another month to recover from injuries.

how funny!

my daughter was in gymnastics a few years back and tried out for the team and made it but then dropped out about 3 months after, it was too much work :unsure: i wish she would have stayed, who knows i could have been there watching her in the olympics this year..lol

Awe! What was she good at before she threw in the towel?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Tasha I think if ppl are in the health care or medical field they're going to be alright.

I love gymnastics! I wish I was getting to watch the Olympics. :crying:

:lol: Mr. Strech!

I hope so but that is 6000 people just in that factory alone that will either relocate or find other jobs and I know at the hospital they are worried because they are our biggest employer and you know how that goes. I know one year the people at that plant had United Healthcare instead of Anthem and it hit us hard because we weren't contracted with United Healthcare...loads of peeps got layed off. I really think this part of Ohio will be a ghost town. GM is what brought most people here and there just are not jobs around here where you can have no education and make 30 bucks an hour. My dad just retired with 33 years in but my brother n law has worked there over 15 and will either have to relocate or find another job. I'm hoping he finds another job, I would hate for my sis to move to another state but we would survive!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

how funny!

Its a lot of hard work. I think you have to really want it. Today I was watching an interview on youtube with Shawn Johnson (top all around gymnast in the world for the US). She was saying that she only practices 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I couldn't believe it since I know most top gymnasts spend considerably more time in the gym. That is real talent! I am curious to see how she does at the olympics.

Check this video of her out at the olympic trials. She is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9F9s73SxCU...feature=related

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

If men would stay out of trouble. :whistle:

Too bad our Men's Olympic Gold Medalist had to back out because he needed another month to recover from injuries.

how funny!

Awe! What was she good at before she threw in the towel?

yeah, she was good, i was so proud but she changes her mind all the time, first she was in dancing, soccer, now she is playing the clarinet and wants to join the baseball team. ask me in 6 months with what she is doing and i'll probably answer that she is in hockey and playing the trumpet..lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline
I hope so but that is 6000 people just in that factory alone that will either relocate or find other jobs and I know at the hospital they are worried because they are our biggest employer and you know how that goes. I know one year the people at that plant had United Healthcare instead of Anthem and it hit us hard because we weren't contracted with United Healthcare...loads of peeps got layed off. I really think this part of Ohio will be a ghost town. GM is what brought most people here and there just are not jobs around here where you can have no education and make 30 bucks an hour. My dad just retired with 33 years in but my brother n law has worked there over 15 and will either have to relocate or find another job. I'm hoping he finds another job, I would hate for my sis to move to another state but we would survive!

Oh I see. If the population relocates then the hospital doesn't have as many to service. Hmmm.. :unsure: That is a considerable chuck of ppl. We have lay offs here all the time with HP cutting about as many every few years. But the population here including surrounding areas is 400,000+ so it seems to change and adapt and be alright.

Its a lot of hard work. I think you have to really want it. Today I was watching an interview on youtube with Shawn Johnson (top all around gymnast in the world for the US). She was saying that she only practices 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I couldn't believe it since I know most top gymnasts spend considerably more time in the gym. That is real talent! I am curious to see how she does at the olympics.

Check this video of her out at the olympic trials. She is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9F9s73SxCU...feature=related

Thanks I'll check it out!

yeah, she was good, i was so proud but she changes her mind all the time, first she was in dancing, soccer, now she is playing the clarinet and wants to join the baseball team. ask me in 6 months with what she is doing and i'll probably answer that she is in hockey and playing the trumpet..lol

:lol: At least she is getting to try a lot of things and become exposed to what she likes and dislikes so she doesn't have to figure it out later like me.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

i did something really dumb the other day, i was putting windshield fluid in my car and while i was pouring it in i was saying to myself gosh, this dont look right, why is the fluid so dirty looking and realized that i was pouring it into the POWER STEERING :blink: so i'm waiting for something tragic to happen now, i guess the worse thing that can happen, i get a new car out of this.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline
i did something really dumb the other day, i was putting windshield fluid in my car and while i was pouring it in i was saying to myself gosh, this dont look right, why is the fluid so dirty looking and realized that i was pouring it into the POWER STEERING :blink: so i'm waiting for something tragic to happen now, i guess the worse thing that can happen, i get a new car out of this.

Oh my goodness! You didn't syphon out the fluid?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.