martin206

How long does it take for them to cash your check?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I sent my papers back on the 28th of July and they still have not cashed my check. Does it take a long time for them to process the payments?

Could be 7 -21+ days... What service center?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Vermont

Sounds about right... Just wanted to make sure you did not mistakenly send it to TSC, as that would could explain it too.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Don’t stress your self! It took 11 days for us!

Relax and wait until next week….

Good luck :energy:

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Filed: Timeline
I sent my papers back on the 28th of July and they still have not cashed my check. Does it take a long time for them to process the payments?

You've only been waiting 11 days. I hate to tell you this, but it could be awhile longer. OR it could be really soon. That's the thing with this process, for some people it's within days, while for others it could take more than a month.

Just relax and keep a level head, because if you're worrying now when you JUST SENT your papers in, then this process will drive you crazy, as it does most people anyways, but everyone seems to get through it, as will you. :)

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

My check cleared in 2 days, but I never received a letter for the NOA1. My service center is California. After some looking on the web sites, I called the USCIS. They gave me our case #. It was a great relief to know we were "in the system". On the USCIS site, you can register for email notifications for your case, too.

Hope this helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.