MY HUSBAND VISA WAS CANCELLED.

83 posts in this topic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Ehhhh, why would you be on your friend's passport papers???

I can't recall having to list anyone's name on a passport application.

I know on the passport itself, there's a space for emergency contact...but that's it.

You don't recall having to do that, but some people are randomly selected for extra information when submitting their passport applications. Example, my whole family submitted passport applications and I was the only one selected for "extra processing". I had to submit the phone, birthdates, social security, addresses, and names of at least 15 friends and family members. They even asked for my stepmom, stepdad, and step siblings. They wanted my high school yearbook photos and a number of other things. Trust me, what the OP is saying makes sense.

Troll.

The FBI doesn't investigate or enforce Immigration cases.

She has more posts and reputation than you. Who's the real troll?

:rolleyes: Is this real? I smell troll written all over it. :D:D:jest:

Such a nice way to be sensitive to the OP's issues. Just because you aren't familiar with her or her story doesn't make her a troll on this board.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh my gosh! there might be something wrong with ur papers or something that FBI took that ur marriage is a fraud..but i agree with the majority here u need to hire a lawyer right away!..good luck! God bless u! (F)

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Troll.

The FBI doesn't investigate or enforce Immigration cases.

You mean to tell me that when someone is stuck in FBI security checks that it's just a joke and they're not being investigated :rolleyes: ?

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
You don't recall having to do that, but some people are randomly selected for extra information when submitting their passport applications. Example, my whole family submitted passport applications and I was the only one selected for "extra processing". I had to submit the phone, birthdates, social security, addresses, and names of at least 15 friends and family members. They even asked for my stepmom, stepdad, and step siblings. They wanted my high school yearbook photos and a number of other things. Trust me, what the OP is saying makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification...and to the OP...I can empathize with you thinking about moving to Ghana.

I love this country too, but if it came down to being with someone I love...it's an easy decision.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that for any of us.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH MY L AWYER, BUT I HAVE MADE AN APPT AT THE USCIS OFFICE IN CHICAGO. I AM ALSO CALLING NVC IN THE MORNING WHEN THEY OPEN AND ALSO US EMBASSY IN GHANA. I AM NOT GOING TO SIT ON MY BUTTOCKS AND WEEP, I AM GOING TO DO SOME OF MY OWN INVESTIGATING. ALL I DO IS WORK, GO TO SCHOOL AND RAISE MY KIDS. I DONT SCAM, STEAL OR COMMIT CRIMES. THEY HAVE MESSED WITH THE WRONG ONE THIS TIME. THEY CAN DIG ALL THE DIRT THEY WANT BUT NO SKELETONS WILL APPEAR. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO TRULY ARE SUPPORTING ME AND TO THE REST.............CANT SAY IT ON HERE.

Since 2006, INS has spread a very wide net around the Ghanian community in search of marriage scams. Unfortunately when a net is cast so wide and deep, it also picks up innocent people in the process. See article from Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6111201182.html

A few good things about this is that they came to your job and questioned you rather than arrest you and haul you off for questioning. This tells me that they may not be 100% sure of their suspicions. From what you write, they are connecting names and relating one to another. I pray this is just a fluke and that they really don't believe the story of the "guy" who said you were paid for marriage. What I would be concerned about is the background and history of the friends and aquaintances of your friend etc etc. If you are clean, you are clean. Where that leaves your husband will have to be determined. Hang in there girl and don't let them damage your health. :star:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
The FBI must have some kind of proof to justify their actions. Did they present you with any evidence to prove you have commited visa fraud?

That's true. The FBI never makes mistakes.

See Olympic Bombing

See Anthrax letters

on and on and on.

Oh. I thought the "FBI must have some kind of proof" statement was an attempt at comedy. You think they were really serious? :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH MY L AWYER, BUT I HAVE MADE AN APPT AT THE USCIS OFFICE IN CHICAGO. I AM ALSO CALLING NVC IN THE MORNING WHEN THEY OPEN AND ALSO US EMBASSY IN GHANA. I AM NOT GOING TO SIT ON MY BUTTOCKS AND WEEP, I AM GOING TO DO SOME OF MY OWN INVESTIGATING. ALL I DO IS WORK, GO TO SCHOOL AND RAISE MY KIDS. I DONT SCAM, STEAL OR COMMIT CRIMES. THEY HAVE MESSED WITH THE WRONG ONE THIS TIME. THEY CAN DIG ALL THE DIRT THEY WANT BUT NO SKELETONS WILL APPEAR. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO TRULY ARE SUPPORTING ME AND TO THE REST.............CANT SAY IT ON HERE.

You might try, if you haven't already, contacting your Senator and/or Congressman's office. They may be of some assistance. I'm really sorry that you're having to go thru this.

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: Timeline

I'm sorry this is happening to you. The reason the FBI maybe be involved is because it's something much bigger. The other person involved may be in a marriage scam ring or something like that. For the FBI to be involved it has to be something that big or they're looking to catch someone with ties to your information. It's not the first I've heard this happening and I'm sure it's not the last. I pray that this is resolved soon.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

WHAT IS A TROLL? ANYWAY I HAVE REACHED MY LAWYER AND I WAS SUGGESTED TO GO THE CONGRESS OFFICE AND MAKE A COMPLAINT AND I WILL DO THAT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. IF I HEAR NOTHING BACK, I WILL CALL TIMOTHY JOHNSON IN DC. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. ROBIN

Filed: Other Timeline
WHAT IS A TROLL? ANYWAY I HAVE REACHED MY LAWYER AND I WAS SUGGESTED TO GO THE CONGRESS OFFICE AND MAKE A COMPLAINT AND I WILL DO THAT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. IF I HEAR NOTHING BACK, I WILL CALL TIMOTHY JOHNSON IN DC. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. ROBIN

its an active character flaw that fuels ignorance often found on internet message boards perpetrated by idle minded individuals who are brave enough to say ####### from a computer, but to scarey to say it face to face for fear of retribution; they often travel in cliques.

dont worry about them.

moving on:

in regards to your situation, I sympathize with you. If you are able, take time to regain your composure and focus. times like this dictate rationale, not emotions. write down your concerns and verifiable proofs, remain in active contact with your lawyer, congress person, uscis, ice, and the rest of the alphabet gang, speak to supervisors, not representatives. don't take no for an answer. my prayers are with you. stay strong and ignore the naysayers.

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Quiet Storm, I'm sorry you are going through this. My prayers are with you and you know your Sub-Saharan family will always be here for you. Screw everyone else who just assumes to know who you are. People are always looking for a good story and unfortunately what you are going through may be entertainment for some, but they fail to realize that you are human and you have feelings and that this is a real situation.

How many times have you posted in the Sub-Saharan and have gotten so much attention from people outside the forum?

Negativity is not needed here. Support, advice, and encouragement is needed all else find somewhere else to post. She is hurting right now.

The FBI must have some kind of proof to justify their actions. Did they present you with any evidence to prove you have commited visa fraud?

That's true. The FBI never makes mistakes.

See Olympic Bombing

See Anthrax letters

on and on and on.

Oh. I thought the "FBI must have some kind of proof" statement was an attempt at comedy. You think they were really serious? :blink:

The FBI is not exactly the most honest of government agencies or the most reliable...historically speaking. If there was so called proof that the OP was involved in any fraud, they would have arrested her and presented some kind of proof of why they feel she is a part of the fraud in question.

They are trying to scare up some information from her....They know her relationship is legit and they know she is desperate to bring her husband home and they are using that as leverage to gain some type of inside information they assume she has. They figure they can tell he that her husbands visa is revoked and that she would sing like a canary about the scammer in question, but the thing is that she does not know anything.

This is a messed up situation that could have happened to any of us and we all should be a little bit more sensitive and supportive

A troll is someone who lurks around message boards and posts negative are provoking things in order to get a rise out of people or stir up trouble.

We (sub-saharan) know who you are quiet storm.... Bump the rest who question who you are.

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Just hope you could fix things up. God Bless!

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

im so sorry, i dont know what to say. talk to a lawyer asap and keep us updated

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.