dawgofwar71

do women get ridiculed?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Yes, I seeked me a Brit.... I like pasty white legs... :blush:

:o i thought you were British? or is that canadian?

Well I just had some True North pecan & almond clusters...so maybe that makes me Canadian right now.. :unsure:

Yes, I seeked me a Brit.... I like pasty white legs... :blush:

:o i thought you were British? or is that canadian?

Sister Fracas is originally from Middle Earth---

:crying:

Stop crying you hobbit you ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and i always thought that was a habit on your head.,.insha'allah sister

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
If someone, whether male or female, does intentionally seek a spouse in a foreign country, specific or not, is there really a problem with that??

Of course not. Who you pick to spend the rest of your life with is between you, your spouse and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Others may have opinions, but so what?

From some of the comments here and elsewhere, you'd think some people thought there was a problem with it.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Stop crying you hobbit you ;)

*quickly shaves toes*

errm...Shalom?

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
this thread has allot of promise too turn into ,,typical vj flaming thread

i wonder how many with canadian spouses had difficulty explaining that igloos are rare in the usa :pop:

I think our guys have their hands full explaining the election process, why HFCS is in EVERY single product on store shelves and dealing with our anger in regards to our credit being ####### when we land here, oh and the lack of a good cuppa Timmys :):lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i wonder how many with canadian spouses had difficulty explaining that igloos are rare in the usa :pop:

I think our guys have their hands full explaining the election process, why HFCS is in EVERY single product on store shelves and dealing with our anger in regards to our credit being ####### when we land here, oh and the lack of a good cuppa Timmys :):lol:

i'd think explaining al sharpton wouldn't leave time for anything else :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'd think explaining al sharpton wouldn't leave time for anything else :lol:

Or the ever demonstrating Westboro Baptist Church :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Do people really get ridiculed? Do men really go to a specific region to find a wife? If so, why? Oh wait....I forgot about the "American woman" debate. Now I am so depressed that I think I should run to the nearest bar and down those 10 beers, all while farting, belching, and chewing tabacco. Ya think you American men would adore us consider how multi task we can be.

It's more about the attitude that comes with the woman than her nationality.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I loves my Canadian! The only thing I really hear is from American guys I know being grouchy if I turn them down for a date when they're right here and he's up there. Like why would I want to wait for him. Cause I love duh! Still trying to explain the igloo thing though..............

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my dad once mentioned to me that he thought I might have been desperate to get married and I was like hey if I was desperate I could have picked any old joe shmoe off the street :P why go through all the trouble of moving to another country :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah these guys are like WHAT?! CANADA?! But I'm right here! Yeah.... And?!

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
I, like Emancipation; was sitting in a Mexican cornfield, barefoot and illiterate, and I prayed to the Virgen de Guadalupe to please send me a gringo to take me out of that place where me and my 19 brothers and sisters ate beans and tortillas when it was a good day. I then moved to Acapulco and worked as a hooker and a drug mule, and then I met my husband--- the Virgin had heard my pleas!!!! Now of course I want to bring all my family here to eat and live properly.

Sheesh... this thread is as moronic as they come. Again, assumptions about "American women" and "Foreign women". Get a life.

ha ha ha! I like your style!

I think some people reach these conclusions because many are still stuck with the old notion that everyone in the world wants to come to America more than anything else in the world. That simply isn't true now, nor was it true years ago. I know that my One would prefer if we could remain in her country of origin, but I need to be in the US for a certain amount of time each year because of my career. She'll experience a lower standard of living and endure some amount of hardship by coming here. I hate to break it to some people, but life in America is no longer viewed as the end-all be-all of existence.

Edited by Scottb
9649.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I hate to break it to some people, but life in America is no longer viewed as the end-all be-all of existence.

Spread the word. It might reduce the hordes of people seeking visas.

I think some people reach these conclusions because many are still stuck with the old notion that everyone in the world wants to come to America more than anything else in the world. That simply isn't true now, nor was it true years ago.

A lot of people are attached to their homeland but to say foreigners aren't coming to America is bunk and doesn't square with the immigration numbers for at least the last 20 years.

Don't forget that the percentage of foreign born residents (12%) in America is close to the level of the 1920 census.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
I hate to break it to some people, but life in America is no longer viewed as the end-all be-all of existence.

Spread the word. It might reduce the hordes of people seeking visas.

I think some people reach these conclusions because many are still stuck with the old notion that everyone in the world wants to come to America more than anything else in the world. That simply isn't true now, nor was it true years ago.

A lot of people are attached to their homeland but to say foreigners aren't coming to America is bunk and doesn't square with the immigration numbers for at least the last 20 years.

Don't forget that the percentage of foreign born residents (12%) in America is close to the level of the 1920 census.

That's not my point and I never said foreigners are not coming to America. Didn't you notice the K1 filer status next to my name? duh... and of course migrant workers are coming in droves, just as they are to many other developed countries. I'm simply saying that many people assume a woman only wants a ticket to America when she marries a USC, when in fact, many are perfectly happy in their country of origin and marry out of love and not just to get a green card. That should go without saying on this board, but it needs to be said outside of these pages too.

I've lived in Asia for 16 years. I've had a lot of friends from many different walks of life and rarely met a one who was dying to come to the US at any cost. Some friends wanted an education here, but I never met a one who was willing to go so far as to marry someone under false pretenses to get here. The shine is off the apple and this is not the destination everyone is dying to reach. My wife has a number of family members in the US who have had enough and are returning to Cambodia as new economic opportunities and democracy spreads there. Most of them report that they are happier to be back. The same holds true in many developing countries. Some Americans are too ignorant of the rest of the world to know that a good lifestyle can be attained in the developing world, That people love their own countries and are happy there without some of the drawbacks that come from life in the US. I'll point out the lack of respect towards the extended family as one example where America falls short of many places. It's considered shameful to live amongst an extended family here. What's up with that? Lack of child care, no sense of community, sky-high medical costs and general isolation are a few other drawbacks that come to mind.

If more people knew that yes, it is possible to have a decent lifestyle with plenty of opportunities in the developing world, they would stop assuming that everyone wants to escape and come here and will marry just for a green card. Some will, but most will not.

9649.gif