dawgofwar71

do women get ridiculed?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I, like Emancipation; was sitting in a Mexican cornfield, barefoot and illiterate, and I prayed to the Virgen de Guadalupe to please send me a gringo to take me out of that place where me and my 19 brothers and sisters ate beans and tortillas when it was a good day. I then moved to Acapulco and worked as a hooker and a drug mule, and then I met my husband--- the Virgin had heard my pleas!!!! Now of course I want to bring all my family here to eat and live properly.

Sheesh... this thread is as moronic as they come. Again, assumptions about "American women" and "Foreign women". Get a life.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I didn't seek anyone out anywhere. Nor did my husband. I happened to be on vacation. He happened to be working. We chatted a bit. A few months later when I saw him again, we talked some more, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history.

People who ridicule are either just relying on the negative information that swirls around the topic or are outright jealous of our good fortune. Why anyone would ridicule someone who is happy and really none of their business is beyond me.

:thumbs:

I, like Emancipation; was sitting in a Mexican cornfield, barefoot and illiterate, and I prayed to the Virgen de Guadalupe to please send me a gringo to take me out of that place where me and my 19 brothers and sisters ate beans and tortillas when it was a good day. I then moved to Acapulco and worked as a hooker and a drug mule, and then I met my husband--- the Virgin had heard my pleas!!!! Now of course I want to bring all my family here to eat and live properly.

Sheesh... this thread is as moronic as they come. Again, assumptions about "American women" and "Foreign women". Get a life.

to be fair.. I don't think anyone was assuming anything.... the OP was just asking a question :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

this thread has allot of promise too turn into ,,typical vj flaming thread

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It does. But, then again, maybe it has some potential to dispell some of the myths that surround this topic. Personally I get tired of hearing that negative stuff people say about American women in a relationship with a foreign man.

Like the person who said they were sitting in the field praying, I sometimes want to say something just as witty and stupid as that about what I was doing when I went SEARCHING for a foreign man. Of course if you list all the negatives like the whole LDR and what that encompasses as far as logistics, bills, communication issues, the horrors of paperwork, etc., people just get all glassy eyed. I guess it is easier to believe we were drunk or high and the scenery and serenity of the surroundings hypnotized us. Or we do all this for the sex.

Someone come up with something really clever I can say as to why for me and send it to me. I'll give you some details if need be to help you along. I really want to say something scathingly sarcastic along the lines of that field comment.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

lol....thank God, your prayers were answered....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i wonder how many with canadian spouses had difficulty explaining that igloos are rare in the usa :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:rofl:

Do people really get ridiculed? Do men really go to a specific region to find a wife? If so, why? Oh wait....I forgot about the "American woman" debate. Now I am so depressed that I think I should run to the nearest bar and down those 10 beers, all while farting, belching, and chewing tabacco. Ya think you American men would adore us consider how multi task we can be. :whistle:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

In the Indian community it seems normal, and almost expected for those who are traditional, to find yourself an Indian wife and if it means finding one in India, that's how it happens. If you marry a non-Indian American, you must be a rebel! :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

In the Indian community it seems normal, and almost expected for those who are traditional, to find yourself an Indian wife and if it means finding one in India, that's how it happens. If you marry a non-Indian American, you must be a rebel! :P

Yeah the idea is to keep those ties with India alive... I was asked to do it too, but I didn't want to, I ended up meeting someone from India (who was in Canada at the time) anyway so it worked out for everyone.. lol... Indian girls in this country are expected to do the same but they are generally much less willing... since Indian men here and Indian men in India can be very different, and the girls tend to be more apprehensive about the differences.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Yeah the idea is to keep those ties with India alive... I was asked to do it too, but I didn't want to, I ended up meeting someone from India (who was in Canada at the time) anyway so it worked out for everyone.. lol... Indian girls in this country are expected to do the same but they are generally much less willing... since Indian men here and Indian men in India can be very different, and the girls tend to be more apprehensive about the differences.

Yeah I was thinking about that. I love when I met an aunt of Sujeet's here in the US she talked how her sons ended up with non-Indian girls even though she wished they found someone from India...she says this to Sujeet and me, a non-Indian!! :lol::angry:

Yeah I was thinking about that. I love when I met an aunt of Sujeet's here in the US she talked how her sons ended up with non-Indian girls even though she wished they found someone from India...she says this to Sujeet and me, a non-Indian!! :lol::angry:

Dont expect cultural sensitivity from desis. We don't get it.

Timeline

You all are rude. :lol: Even Sujeet, an Indian, thinks so.

I know I am generalizing, and not all are rude. Just most. :jest: j/k (or not?) haha

She did welcome me into the family at least. I am sure she was thinking something else.

Edited by Parivar CSK

What is a "desis"? Or who?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What is a "desis"? Or who?

i think it's short for "desist"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

desis is plural for desi.

a desi is someone from the south asian subcontinent. usually people from india but i've heard some pakistanis and bangladeshis use the word as well.

in the sanskrit-derivative languages of the subcontinent, 'desh' means 'country' and 'desi' is someone from 'desh'.