dawgofwar71

do women get ridiculed?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is not so much a Question of the vise process. but more of a question or shall we say a observation. were all here getting info on the visa process. and helping each other out. and i was looking through the pics and forums . and i was wondering. how many of the woman, actively sot out there partners. in another country? have they been put through the reticule that most men get. when they mention that there seeking there lovers from another country?

January 17,2007 was personally introduced to Raquel.

January 20,2007 Raquel an I started chatting online an on the phone.

March 11-27,2008 visited Raquel for the first time.

March 23, 2008 proposed to Raquel, she said OO!!

October 08,2009 sent in I-129f

October 12,2009 received our NOA1

January 12, 2010 received our NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

January 18,2010 case arrived at NVC

January 22,2010 case assigned MNL # thru letter arrived

April 21,2010 raquel arrived at CVG

May 22,2010 we got married

April 21,2011 we had a baby boy named Aiden

ang aking buhay, aking pag-ibig, ang aking lahat .. mahal na mahal din kita,Raquel at walang ibang! magpakailanman at kawalang-hanggan!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Don't think this is the proper forum for this thread but I didn't actively seek someone from another country and I don't think many people do. It's not like you think "Wow, I want a husband from Japan" and look only for Japanese men. Actually in my case he approached me and not the other way around.

Filed: Timeline
this is not so much a Question of the vise process. but more of a question or shall we say a observation. were all here getting info on the visa process. and helping each other out. and i was looking through the pics and forums . and i was wondering. how many of the woman, actively sot out there partners. in another country? have they been put through the reticule that most men get. when they mention that there seeking there lovers from another country?

There are some people out there who do go to a certain country to look for a wife. I do have a personal opinion on that but won't get into it.

I, however, just happened to meet my fiance while studying abroad for college. I don't get ridiculed by people, probably because i don't surround myself with people who would ridicule for that reason.

If you get ridiculed, that's very unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:lol: I also don't think this is the appropriate place for this thread, but a lot of my friends think I am weird for trying to bring my fiance over this way. They don't understand :bonk: I never thought i would ever go through something like this. But you know, things happen and we just go with the flow, right? I don't get ridiculed at all. My co-workers don't really seem to get the jist of this process so they are weireded out with the unfamiliar. Pretty normal. My family is totally happy, though. My dad loves my fiance. He says he is a very good guy, and he REALLy wants him to come here so we can have our lives together... Hope this helps :) :) :)

(F)

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
and i was wondering. how many of the woman, actively sot out there partners. in another country? have they been put through the reticule that most men get. when they mention that there seeking there lovers from another country?

Depends on whether you are referring to the woman being the petitioner (American citizen) or the beneficary. Most American women don't activity seek out foreign men; thus, you never have heard of a "mail-order groom" websites that cater to that kind of market. Also remember some people here are fairly young and met their future spouses through their schooling or living abroad so they just sort of ended up wanting to marrying a foreigner. I wish had the statistics available but there are very different experiences and patterns based on my observations depending on whether the petitioner is male or female.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I dont think most of us SEEKED out anyone....it just happened to fall into place. :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

There are certain cultures where it's common that they look for a spouse of a specific nationality, even if it means seeking them out in that country, but that is not really the same thing as what you asked maybe. In those cases, no one seems to think it's weird. When it's a mix of cultures it can start to look weird to many.

I didn't seek out someone from another country, it just happened. :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i definitely sought out my husband because of his nationality. I was sitting in my igloo one day and said 'self... you should go and get yourself an American to cuddle with so these long winter nights are not so long any more.. besides you need more sun, so you should get closer to the equator'...

From that point on.. I hunted and I caught my USC.. It's a thrilling love story.... My only regret is that he's not from a more "exotic" location - like Detroit.. or perhaps Milwaukee....

*tongue and cheek.. forgive my naughtiness..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
i definitely sought out my husband because of his nationality. I was sitting in my igloo one day and said 'self... you should go and get yourself an American to cuddle with so these long winter nights are not so long any more.. besides you need more sun, so you should get closer to the equator'...

From that point on.. I hunted and I caught my USC.. It's a thrilling love story.... My only regret is that he's not from a more "exotic" location - like Detroit.. or perhaps Milwaukee....

You just made my day :rofl:

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Timeline

:rofl::rofl:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I dont think most of us SEEKED out anyone....it just happened to fall into place. :whistle:

Actually, that's not the case for many of the men on here - lots of the men who deal with the IMBRA issues sought out wives in the Asian, Latin American, and Eastern Europe/former Soviet Bloc countries. Many of them have done some type of meet-up program to gain access to available single women from those countries. They knew what type of woman they were looking for and began the process.

I believe Sinergy was referring to the US women on this site - although I could be wrong.

I'd be surprised if many US women here had deliberately sought out a foreign husband.

Emancipation - :lol:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline
I believe Sinergy was referring to the US women on this site - although I could be wrong.

I'd be surprised if many US women here had deliberately sought out a foreign husband.

Emancipation - :lol:

You are correct, since the thread is about women, i was referring to women.

shes correct about the men tho :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What about your sled dogs? Did they all come with you to the US or did you have to leave them behind?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't seek anyone out anywhere. Nor did my husband. I happened to be on vacation. He happened to be working. We chatted a bit. A few months later when I saw him again, we talked some more, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history.

People who ridicule are either just relying on the negative information that swirls around the topic or are outright jealous of our good fortune. Why anyone would ridicule someone who is happy and really none of their business is beyond me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip