crs

HPV Vaccine and general medical questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just recently found out that girls up to 26 (am I right?) have to get HPV vaccine along with the rest of medical before the interview. Is this true for K1 as well? Does this have to be done before the K1 interview or at the medical for AOS? I mean I have no problems with it I was just curious because if it is actually needed I will just get it before :)

Also, since I am here: I read you need to get the vaccine for chickenpox as well. I do not have a vaccine, but I did have chcikenpox as a child. Do I just tell the doctor or what?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I just recently found out that girls up to 26 (am I right?) have to get HPV vaccine along with the rest of medical before the interview. Is this true for K1 as well? Does this have to be done before the K1 interview or at the medical for AOS? I mean I have no problems with it I was just curious because if it is actually needed I will just get it before :)

Also, since I am here: I read you need to get the vaccine for chickenpox as well. I do not have a vaccine, but I did have chcikenpox as a child. Do I just tell the doctor or what?

Thank you!

Hi there I just turn 26 this june so i have the HPV shot and with regards to chickenpox (varicella) I have it too when i was a kid and in my vaccination worksheet from k-1 it says in there VH(varicella History) but still the civil surgeon insist i need to have varicella titer done to see if i'm still immune with it and the result was i'm still immune so i dont need the varicella (chickenpox) shot.

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
So what happens exactly about the varicella chicken pox thing? I am asking because it is apparently the only vaccine that is not given at the medical exam in Italy :)

As what I said :blush: I had VARICELLA TITER It will check your blood if you still had immunity to varicella now since I still did I DIDNT HAVE VARICELLA SHOT ANYMORE. So with you, you need to have varicell titer first since you had varicella history when your kid, to check if your still immune to it, IF NOT THEN THATS THE TIME THEY WILL GIVE YOU VARICELLA SHOT :whistle:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please check with the USCIS to see what additional shots (if any) you may need for AOS once you get to the US. They may be a lot less expensive in your home country so it would be nice to get them there.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

We dont have the chickenpox shot in the UK.... does anyone know what we then have to do? Is it just not required, or do we have to get it later on, in the states?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

My husband had to get all the vaccinations over again, including all the diseases he already had in childhood (chicken pox, measles, mumps, etc). There were no exceptions :angry:

They don't care if you say you already had it. Happily, Stefano had no side effects to the vaccinations.

K

N-400 Timeline

-----------------

04/22/2008: N-400 Application mailed to VSC

04/25/2008: N-400 Priority date

05/02/2008: check cashed

05/13/2008: NOA received, dated 05/06 (will receive information within 365 days)

05/14/2008: FP notice received

05/22/2008: FP done

End of September 2008: interview scheduled and descheduled

12/09/2008: Interview approved!

02/05/2009: OATH

Filed: Timeline

Thank you! I am already vaccined to practically all those things, but HPV. I did have chicken pox.... if I have to get vaccined too... well, its ok :) Since it is a vaccine that requires about 7 months to be completed, I was wondering if you have to complete ALL SHOTS before the interview?

We dont have the chickenpox shot in the UK.... does anyone know what we then have to do? Is it just not required, or do we have to get it later on, in the states?

the knightsbridge doctors in london have varicialla on their list and the quote it as £60 think its rece3ntly been approved in the uk. I've had chicken pox as a child too, but i think my doctors have lost the record because he couldn't find it in my sheets though i do have a wierd scar on my chest which my mum claims was it. i really dont want to have to pay £60 for something i dont actually need. as for hpv its £120 a shot in the uk and i'm hoping i can delay the first shot till america after the k1 interview so its only £89 but if i have to i will get the first done here just rather not fork that much money over. I'm gunna need the tdap too. :angry:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Thank you! I am already vaccined to practically all those things, but HPV. I did have chicken pox.... if I have to get vaccined too... well, its ok :) Since it is a vaccine that requires about 7 months to be completed, I was wondering if you have to complete ALL SHOTS before the interview?

You can finish the shots when you reach the U.S.

they need to be completed only before you file for Adjustment of status

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.