punkmada

K1 visa denied Cairo

163 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am wondering if this is why they haven't returned any emails from the congressman. They know they screwed up. Let us know what happens, I hope this gets turned around before it gets sent back.

Yes, I am wondering about that too. I will keep you updated. Thanks for all your knowledge and help!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I am wondering if this is why they haven't returned any emails from the congressman. They know they screwed up. Let us know what happens, I hope this gets turned around before it gets sent back.

Yes, I am wondering about that too. I will keep you updated. Thanks for all your knowledge and help!!!

This was horrible,horrible,horrible!!!

He just told him that he is refusing his visa, he would not look at any other proof from him and was very mean to him. What can we do now?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I read this my heart sank. I was telling my husband the situation and he said I don't have a good feeling about this. He said his thoughts were just based from experience on the Mulsim Jewish thing. I'm sorry and I don't mean to start anything and I don't feel that your relationship is wrong and when you have a child involved you have to fight to get him here or figure out how to live as husband and wife there.

Did they tell him why they are refusing? I just know that you need to cause a stink somehow. Yell, scream, make an appointment to meet with your congressman personally. Do what you have to do. I am hoping that somebody will come along to guide you. Until then I will be praying for you.

Timeline
When I read this my heart sank. I was telling my husband the situation and he said I don't have a good feeling about this. He said his thoughts were just based from experience on the Mulsim Jewish thing. I'm sorry and I don't mean to start anything and I don't feel that your relationship is wrong and when you have a child involved you have to fight to get him here or figure out how to live as husband and wife there.

Did they tell him why they are refusing? I just know that you need to cause a stink somehow. Yell, scream, make an appointment to meet with your congressman personally. Do what you have to do. I am hoping that somebody will come along to guide you. Until then I will be praying for you.

Hamada never got a refuse paper the first time, he got it this time and the guy DID NOT interview him at all this time and stated that he will hear nothing else about this case.

Timeline

I agree. I didn't want to be the first to say it but my husband said the same thing. I really hope you can get an appt to see your congressman or senator.

Did you get the name of the interviewer? That will help in trying to resolve it, i.e. fire the #######.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

I agree. I didn't want to be the first to say it but my husband said the same thing. I really hope you can get an appt to see your congressman or senator.

Did you get the name of the interviewer? That will help in trying to resolve it, i.e. fire the #######.

Of course the consular is using the religion. I am in constant contact with my congressman about this case. I have personally went and talked to the director there exactly about this problem with the religion that is playing out before us now. Thanks for all your prayers!!!

Timeline

It just seems unjust and unfair that you can use religion to deny a family to be together. I agree with Bridget, keep on it and get that man out of there. Can the ambassador be contacted and your husband have another interview with him or another person? I know this may seem far fetched but I'm pulling at strings here for ideas and I am sure that you are too. I feel for you dear...I can't imagine what the two of you are going through.

Timeline

It just seems unjust and unfair that you can use religion to deny a family to be together. I agree with Bridget, keep on it and get that man out of there. Can the ambassador be contacted and your husband have another interview with him or another person? I know this may seem far fetched but I'm pulling at strings here for ideas and I am sure that you are too. I feel for you dear...I can't imagine what the two of you are going through.

My congressman just got an email concerning our case. We are asking that the case stay and be reviewed by the chief consular there in Cairo, and asking for another interview. I hope that someone else, if they have any ideas let me know what to do at this point. I am reading the pinned section to see what I can do next. Thanks again

Timeline

On the refusal letter the box checked says Labor Certification. Anyone know about this ? We have a co sponsor since Im a full time student. Help!!!

My congressman just got an email concerning our case. We are asking that the case stay and be reviewed by the chief consular there in Cairo, and asking for another interview. I hope that someone else, if they have any ideas let me know what to do at this point. I am reading the pinned section to see what I can do next. Thanks again

Timeline
My fiance had his interview on August 3, 2008. We are apart of the royal mess where Americans and Egyptians could not get married in 2007. So, as things turn out I made the petition for K1 visa that was approved in February. Well, the CO said that he needed his original military exemption papers and he sent that in after the interview. The CO also told him that he would contact me as soon as possible to ask me some questions. Well the CO called me today and asked me some questions and then stated that he was not going to issue the visa due to the fact that he believes that this is only for immigration purposes and that it is highly unusual for an Egyptian male to marry Jewish, Divorced and with children and that I could have listed his name on the child's birth certificate or at least had a muslim name for the child. Well as it turns out I have a 10 month old and when I tried to list Mohmed's name on the birth certificate the nurse told me that I had to be legally married to do that, I told the CO that and he did not budge in what he stated to me. The CO told me that he was sending this case back to the DHS. What can we do now? I am extremely upset over all this time that we had to wait to be with each other again. Any help would be great. Thanks again

You have to move FAST!!! Contact either your congressman and/or senator. Tell them the situation, move quickly to get proof from the hospital of their regulations. Gather letters of support for your relationship from both your and his family. Also from friends that know the both of you as a couple. Supply this proof to the congressman/senator, and have him/her send this to the consulate before they return the petition. The key is to get them to review it before it is sent back. That is just the start. If this doesn't work, and I warn you that it usually won't, then we can give you further guidance.

The refusal letter has a check marked next to Labor Certification, Im a full time student with a cosponor for our case, and this is not the reason that they gave my congressman via email yesterday. Can anyone help me on this one. Thanks

Timeline

did you meet the poverty income requirements for 3 people. If not you will need a co-sponsor. You may want to consider all of your options.. 1 being abondoning this K1 , getting married and starting the CR1 process. Also if you go this route submit dna evidence with your case. One problem with a K1 is if they deny it they never have to send you anything and you can spend a hella of a long time waiting. I think the law iw is a little different with K3 and CR1 but I am no expert.

I really have to say my heart goes out to you and this is on of the most f***** up situations I have ever heard of. You may consider living there but thats a whole new can of worms.

Best of luck. Try to get the head counselors email and name and have your congressman write him. I also would be pushing for them to do a DNA test if they are in doubt.

Keep us posted I am so sorry this is happening to you. Ill keep in my thoughts

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to say that I am really so sorry and you are going to stay in my prayers until you find a resolution to this that allows your family to be together! I feel so :angry: if this was based on a religious difference.. I can't add more but that I really do agree with the others advice to you, call that man out and make sure that this can not happen to anyone else - Completely unjust!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well now it is up to your congressman to help you. Can you provide them with proof that is acceptable for a Muslim man and a Jewish woman to marry? Not only that, in the US there is no restrictions such as this, so why is religion even an issue? But the fact is that they chose this to deny. Keep in constant contact with your congressman. In fact, get a senator involved as well. Get them to drive them crazy so hopefully they won't send it back.

If they don't have any influence to stop it from being returned then the next move would be to get the number of the Diplomatic Pouch, and track it back to Washington. Then you can find out when it went to the NVC. Then onto the Service Center.

This is really wrong!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Well now it is up to your congressman to help you. Can you provide them with proof that is acceptable for a Muslim man and a Jewish woman to marry? Not only that, in the US there is no restrictions such as this, so why is religion even an issue? But the fact is that they chose this to deny. Keep in constant contact with your congressman. In fact, get a senator involved as well. Get them to drive them crazy so hopefully they won't send it back.

If they don't have any influence to stop it from being returned then the next move would be to get the number of the Diplomatic Pouch, and track it back to Washington. Then you can find out when it went to the NVC. Then onto the Service Center.

This is really wrong!

Well, I think I have a good idea why he is refusing CO stated on the refusal letter Labor Certification, well I looked on VJ and found another case in India I believe where they wed but it was not recognized they filed I130 and were denied. On my hand we wed Orfy and we filed I129F since ours was not recognized and they are denying for this reason!!!! Now, after all the religious talk, age, children, divorce and the like CO now considers it to be fraud since we wed orfy, and told them about it!!! How will we ever be wed legally if this is the case? Do I have to go back to Egypt and file a K3? We did nothing Illegal, this is crazy!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is really wrong!

Well, I think I have a good idea why he is refusing CO stated on the refusal letter Labor Certification, well I looked on VJ and found another case in India I believe where they wed but it was not recognized they filed I130 and were denied. On my hand we wed Orfy and we filed I129F since ours was not recognized and they are denying for this reason!!!! Now, after all the religious talk, age, children, divorce and the like CO now considers it to be fraud since we wed orfy, and told them about it!!! How will we ever be wed legally if this is the case? Do I have to go back to Egypt and file a K3? We did nothing Illegal, this is crazy!!!

An Orfi marriage is not recognized as legal in the US, and they know it. This is not a valid reason, and I would address this with the congressman.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.