K1 visa denied Cairo

163 posts in this topic

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:secret: It isn't lying if it was never registered.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

so maybe this is the reason why he would not allow him to get the visa, along with all the other things that made him think that we did not have an established relationship.

Filed: Timeline
I think there is another hidden reason for the denial, and they ain't saying.

Are there any red flags? Age difference, recent divorce, short courtship, etc.??

Yes, he is 21 Im 35 I divorced in December of 2006 but was separated for 4 years prior, and the courtship was almost a year. Ive known him since March 2006 and we were religiously married in December of 2006 since they would not write the affidavit at the embassy and they told us to come back. Well I came back in three times since then the other two times they would not give us the affidavit to marry because at that time in 2007 they were not issuing it. The final time I went there was in March of 2008 and I only stayed two weeks on my spring break but we didnt do the marriage at the embassy because I already submitted paperwork for the k1 visa. But the CO was really bent on us not giving the baby a muslim name or adding his name to the birth certificate, which at the hospital I was told I could not do because he was not my legal husband.

:crying: It sounds like you are really in a bind - you would think the CO would understand your situation re the baby's birth cert since you could not legally marry in Egypt, they must have seen other cases like this before. I really hope that you are able to intercept your application before it is sent back and somehow convince the embassy... Good luck.... (F)

request a DNA test be administered ...there is a way around this im sure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are there any red flags? Age difference, recent divorce, short courtship, etc.??

Yes, he is 21 Im 35 I divorced in December of 2006 but was separated for 4 years prior, and the courtship was almost a year. Ive known him since March 2006 and we were religiously married in December of 2006 since they would not write the affidavit at the embassy and they told us to come back. Well I came back in three times since then the other two times they would not give us the affidavit to marry because at that time in 2007 they were not issuing it. The final time I went there was in March of 2008 and I only stayed two weeks on my spring break but we didnt do the marriage at the embassy because I already submitted paperwork for the k1 visa. But the CO was really bent on us not giving the baby a muslim name or adding his name to the birth certificate, which at the hospital I was told I could not do because he was not my legal husband.

:crying: It sounds like you are really in a bind - you would think the CO would understand your situation re the baby's birth cert since you could not legally marry in Egypt, they must have seen other cases like this before. I really hope that you are able to intercept your application before it is sent back and somehow convince the embassy... Good luck.... (F)

request a DNA test be administered ...there is a way around this im sure

I have the affidavit of parentage form that we will use for Eli and I will get that notarized tomorrow and send it off express mail to Egypt so that he can notarize his half of it. That way he can send it back to me and I can legally add his name to the birth cerftificate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I'm so confused now .

As you know nagi there are so many MENA couples who had the same problem and most of us here couldn't get married in 2007 so most of us are married Urfi.

and some of us who had their interview already and have been asked that question they said yeah we are married Urfi and the CO said thanks for being honest i just want to know if you will say the truth or not and they got their visa already.

i think he did the right thing cause he didn't lie..

now I'm confused what i have to say if they will ask me the same question?

do i have to lie and say nope we never married Urfi or do i have to say the truth and say yes we are??????? we didn't register it :blink:

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

In the past, marrying in an orfi marriage could cause problems because it could be viewed as fraud. I think maybe COs were more lenient during the time period where marriage could not take place in Egypt... but.... maybe they are moving back to the original stance that it consitutes fraud. It's hard to say as this is only one CO and one experience. I think another thing which may bring up the question is a baby... the OP has a baby with the person whom she is petitioning for... so unless you have a baby with yours also Tenderheart, there is a likely chance they will not ask. If anyone who went through Egypt who didn't have a baby and was asked would speak up, that would dispell my theiry though... unless they possibly lived together. You're Egyptian, so i imagine you know how uncommon it would be for a couple to have a baby in Egypt without being married... at least publically... or live together... so the COs know this and that may cause them to ask these questions from people in these situations.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I'm so confused now .

As you know nagi there are so many MENA couples who had the same problem and most of us here couldn't get married in 2007 so most of us are married Urfi.

and some of us who had their interview already and have been asked that question they said yeah we are married Urfi and the CO said thanks for being honest i just want to know if you will say the truth or not and they got their visa already.

i think he did the right thing cause he didn't lie..

now I'm confused what i have to say if they will ask me the same question?

do i have to lie and say nope we never married Urfi or do i have to say the truth and say yes we are??????? we didn't register it :blink:

It's confusing, certainly, but being honest is also important. I'm not familiar with the mena situation by forbidding to get married. What those people had as visa process? k-1 as well? when we use 'some' it's so vague because they work case by case...i would recheck all the red flags in your case that characterize mena again and for each, in conjunction of whatever they told you, bring the most evidence possible...think also that sometimes they are forbidden to tell you the reasons...so you have to work on guessing and putting things and thoughts togetter that everything together be consistent...k-1 for semi-married or married urfi is not for me...but again, i dont know the specific context of mena...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Timeline

Wait a minute ..do you mean you got married in December of 2007? cause you said you divorced in DEC of 2006 and you got married in DEC of 2006 it doesn't make any sense so i think you meant DEC of 2007 yes???

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Wait a minute ..do you mean you got married in December of 2007? cause you said you divorced in DEC of 2006 and you got married in DEC of 2006 it doesn't make any sense so i think you meant DEC of 2007 yes???

getting divorced and remarried in the same month isn't a problem in the US or with American law... depending on how fast you can get a marriage license. Theoretically, if you could get one the same day you went in to get one, you could get divorced and remarried on the same day.

Timeline
In the past, marrying in an orfi marriage could cause problems because it could be viewed as fraud. I think maybe COs were more lenient during the time period where marriage could not take place in Egypt... but.... maybe they are moving back to the original stance that it consitutes fraud. It's hard to say as this is only one CO and one experience. I think another thing which may bring up the question is a baby... the OP has a baby with the person whom she is petitioning for... so unless you have a baby with yours also Tenderheart, there is a likely chance they will not ask. If anyone who went through Egypt who didn't have a baby and was asked would speak up, that would dispell my theiry though... unless they possibly lived together. You're Egyptian, so i imagine you know how uncommon it would be for a couple to have a baby in Egypt without being married... at least publically... or live together... so the COs know this and that may cause them to ask these questions from people in these situations.

there is a couple here who went through Egypt and they don't have a baby and was asked that question and i don't have a baby so do you think if they will ask me that silly question do i have to lie and say nope or do i have to say the truth and say yes ?!!!!!

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

getting divorced and remarried in the same month isn't a problem in the US or with American law... depending on how fast you can get a marriage license. Theoretically, if you could get one the same day you went in to get one, you could get divorced and remarried on the same day.

but she got married in Egypt so its under the Egyptian law not the USA law .eve the USA embassy know that .here is what the USA embassy says about it to get married in Egypt (Please note that if you are a female American citizen previously married, you may only remarry in Egypt at least 90 days after your divorce or 130 days after the death of your former spouse. If you are pregnant, you can only remarry after the birth of the baby. )

anyway i think it doesn't matter cause i don't think the CO asked him about when they got married

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
there is a couple here who went through Egypt and they don't have a baby and was asked that question and i don't have a baby so do you think if they will ask me that silly question do i have to lie and say nope or do i have to say the truth and say yes ?!!!!!

I don't believe in lying under any circumstance, so I would say no, tell the truth. Someone else may have a different idea.

Edited by julianna

Timeline
but she got married in Egypt so its under the Egyptian law not the USA law .eve the USA embassy know that .here is what the USA embassy says about it to get married in Egypt (Please note that if you are a female American citizen previously married, you may only remarry in Egypt at least 90 days after your divorce or 130 days after the death of your former spouse. If you are pregnant, you can only remarry after the birth of the baby. )

anyway i think it doesn't matter cause i don't think the CO asked him about when they got married

Actually, she did Orfi. So the government wasn't involved. Either way, even if she was divorced and remarried in the same month legally, if she filled out her own affidavit of single status and not the form one (there are 2 offered by teh US embassy) then there would be no question. The US government doesn't actually certify its citizens as single or not like your governments do. So we do an afadavit, which is us swearing ourself that we're single, and we only do it for you guys.

ETA: and yes, I realize that is circumventing your guys' law... I'm just saying it could be done. Maybe no one asked her if she was divorced :)

Edited by julianna

Timeline

I don't believe in lying under any circumstance, so I would say no, tell the truth. Someone else may have a different idea.

we didn't have that Urfi certificate cause we didn't register it and when we rent an apartment they didn't ask us about it so we don't have that Urfi paper anymore. so even if i say yes at te interview i can't even prove it you see....

so i think i have to say nope we never married Urfi

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.