punkmada

K1 visa denied Cairo

163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would check the deadline of such situation, i read somewhere there is one; i would send copies to congressman and let know the consulate (mark cc on the letters to the consulate) that consulate knows they'll have the congressman on their back. ; i would search, i wateched on c-span somewhere last or 2 years ago, an organization with the mission to join together muslims and jews or of other religion, a friendship organization (sorry i forgott the name) and maybe if time allows, contact them and talk to them as to how to approach the consulate: in my opinion, their judgement is based on prejudice or discrimation stuff...which they have no right to do.(it's in their manual of ethics). Or at least, print if they have a website, some of their info in regards to the prejudice. In modern days, friendship organizations exist, not only hateful stuff....Of course, all has to be done very fast to empeach to sent the file back to USCIS. Good luck!!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think there is another hidden reason for the denial, and they ain't saying.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I could give my baby his father's last name she told me the child could have any name. Only I couldnt put mohamed's name as father.He was so upset but we changed all that when he first got here!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are there any red flags? Age difference, recent divorce, short courtship, etc.??

Yes, he is 21 Im 35 I divorced in December of 2006 but was separated for 4 years prior, and the courtship was almost a year. Ive known him since March 2006 and we were religiously married in December of 2006 since they would not write the affidavit at the embassy and they told us to come back. Well I came back in three times since then the other two times they would not give us the affidavit to marry because at that time in 2007 they were not issuing it. The final time I went there was in March of 2008 and I only stayed two weeks on my spring break but we didnt do the marriage at the embassy because I already submitted paperwork for the k1 visa. But the CO was really bent on us not giving the baby a muslim name or adding his name to the birth certificate, which at the hospital I was told I could not do because he was not my legal husband.

Timeline

Maybe so, but why in the world would they tell him to send the Military Exemption form in? I find that to be really strange. Maybe they thought that he could not get that exemption form and they would say that is the initial reason for the refusal. But, I do believe there is some kind of hidden agenda, I would really like to know.

Timeline
I could give my baby his father's last name she told me the child could have any name. Only I couldnt put mohamed's name as father.He was so upset but we changed all that when he first got here!!

Well, I know in Egypt it is really important that the child have a birth certificate with the father on it. I wish that they would have let us marry prior to any of this and we would not have to be flagged due to the baby not having his name. It's really sad that we have to suffer and we both really love each other across religions, culture and everything else. I just pray that God will answer our prayers and let us be with each other and have a family.

Timeline

So, you are married yet filed a K-1?

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

At the time of his interview, was he questioned about the Urfi?

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Well, I know in Egypt it is really important that the child have a birth certificate with the father on it. I wish that they would have let us marry prior to any of this and we would not have to be flagged due to the baby not having his name. It's really sad that we have to suffer and we both really love each other across religions, culture and everything else. I just pray that God will answer our prayers and let us be with each other and have a family.

You actually can get an Egyptian Birth certificate for your child..provided he talks w/ the Egyptian Embassy, have him call. We have them for our twins that were born in the US so that we can process their dual citizenships.

Timeline
At the time of his interview, was he questioned about the Urfi?

Yes, the CO asked him about papers and he told them that he did the religious marriage with the sheik so that his family would not argue with him. The CO asked him how did we stay in hotels and all that if we only had a sheik do the orfy marriage and he told the CO we never went to any hotels and such that we stayed at home with his family for this very reason.

Timeline

IMO, he never should have mentioned this unless he had it registered.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Are there any red flags? Age difference, recent divorce, short courtship, etc.??

Yes, he is 21 Im 35 I divorced in December of 2006 but was separated for 4 years prior, and the courtship was almost a year. Ive known him since March 2006 and we were religiously married in December of 2006 since they would not write the affidavit at the embassy and they told us to come back. Well I came back in three times since then the other two times they would not give us the affidavit to marry because at that time in 2007 they were not issuing it. The final time I went there was in March of 2008 and I only stayed two weeks on my spring break but we didnt do the marriage at the embassy because I already submitted paperwork for the k1 visa. But the CO was really bent on us not giving the baby a muslim name or adding his name to the birth certificate, which at the hospital I was told I could not do because he was not my legal husband.

:crying: It sounds like you are really in a bind - you would think the CO would understand your situation re the baby's birth cert since you could not legally marry in Egypt, they must have seen other cases like this before. I really hope that you are able to intercept your application before it is sent back and somehow convince the embassy... Good luck.... (F)

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.