MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
We're 21 and 24 but I STILL feel old sometimes. I come out with lines that my mother used to say, I have conversations with my friends about the weather, stories on the news, about bargains I got shopping.. I find myself having to do "housewife" things like routine grocery shopping, shopping for vaccum bags or bed sheets, reminding my fiance to eat more healthy. Most people associate this age with partying and laziness, but I don't fit the typical 21 year old at all. I love how we can be so young but realise we're so old..

I have period pains today. :( Luckily, I have some American 'Midol' to help but it still sucks..

oh Gemmie i can relate to u......i will be 22 in feb and i feel like im sooooo old lol perviz is 33 and sometimes i think im older than he is lol.........

i hope u feel better soon drink hot tea :whistle: and get a warm hot water bottle and just curl up with a book and forget everything else

sara

Happy Dancer happy belated B day i hope u had a lot of fun and enjoyed it :thumbs:

sara

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hmm im 33 does that mean i am really old or just a little bit old :rofl:

Time to shop for a coffin! Or at least consider a shot gun and a rocking chair, depending if you are old and ornery or just old... I'm definitely going to be ornery when I get old (which is apparently next year hehe).

Chuck and Grace: I think it only counts if as page 100 if only august filers post in it, since you've posted in our thread now, we have to start over from page one... we almost made it... but oh well, let's get the next august thread started!... j/k.

As for the fat old white guys marrying young beautiful filipinas... that stereotype is definitely out there, perpetuated by websites claiming filipina women are perfect and infalable, websites claiming they are the most vile creatures on earth, and often as a result of people who ask questions on forums about fil-am marriages, usually a few responses make some kind of a reference to the stereotype (and sometimes it looks like puti mataba baboy). I spent a lot of time reading all kinds of stuff on the internet when I first considered getting into a relationship with someone from another country, before then I had actually never even really considered dating much outside of my neck of the woods, funny how fast some things change... I don't know who pushes it the most though, bitter ex gf's (mad because their ex fell for an asian), bitter ex bf's (mad because their ex fell for an american), people trying to make a profit (websites selling the idea that unattractive older men can meet beautiful young filipina women who will serve them as slaves) or the websites all but spewing out hate run by someone who was burnt and now claims all or 95% of all fil-am marriages are frauds for visa's (it'd be nice to know some hard numbers on how often that really happens but I've learned one thing about that here on VJ... if a relationship fails it's ALWAYS blamed on visa fraud, and never because someone is a controlling abusive jackass who drinks to much, doesn't take care of themselves, cheats, or whatever... if she leaves it's visa fraud...).

I guess there are two sides to the stereotype though, the fat white american and the visa seeking filipina... the fat old american thing is probably perpetuated by filipino's mostly and the visa seeking demon is perpetuated by the american side of it mostly, if you tell 10 people you are marrying someone from an asian country probably 8 of them will use the phrase mail order bride to describe that, and probably 6 or 7 will have some kind of alarm go off in their head that it's a scam, I don't know how or why it's become so ingrained into our culture that people from other countries are after green cards/money but it's definitely there, maybe it's like shark attacks, it's so rare that when someone actually is attacked by a shark it makes headlines, big sensational ones. Whenever I see a post by someone here and the nigeria flag is showing I have a knee jerk reaction to be suspicious thanks to the regular supply of emails from government officials who need my help to get large sums of money out of their country... the middle east... scary!... england... full of mad cows (not bitter ex gf's but real looney toon cows!!!), russia... mail order brides who will poison their husbands cup of coffee slowly, australians love fosters (of course I meant Fosters, the brand of beer that all aussies universally hate, other than the accent I seriously can't think of anything bad to say, you guys are like canadians, your wacky accents keep us laughing, and you put up with all our #######, not bad for a bunch of convicts, aussies of course, not canada...), and of course finally, american's, a bunch of wife beating lazy old dudes that no one would marry except for all the sweet lewtz we have cause we're RICH!...

BTW, most people should just skip this book I just wrote since it's mostly ridiculous... oh... sorry, I should have warned you to skip it at the start hahaha...

Full of mad cows.. :lol: That reminds me of one time when I was going through POE and the officer asked if I had been into contact with any livestock. I said yes, misunderstanding him and he looked at me as though I had grown another head! I quickly corrected myself and laughed, but he didn't find it too funny.

The stereotype of Americans I sometimes find funny, sometimes find offensive.

There was one guy who actually had been through a visa process to get his Japanese wife to the UK... when I told him that I was engaged to an American, he said "oh, he's rich then.." What gave him that idea?? I think it's the stereotype that Americans have huge houses and cars, they do everything bigger over there, etc... but when I said he would be able to meet my fiance soon as he was coming over, he also added that "I don't like Americans.." How you can possibly go through a visa process to bring your foreign wife here and then make judgements on other nations/cultures?

I've also heard comments about them all being overweight (and actually been asked if my fiance and his family are obese) and stupid. My dad makes it a point to tell everyone how far he lives from New York, and that his family own more than one car and a boat, etc.. probably making the sterotype worse, but there was something amazing about them meeting him for the first time, and taking back every preconception they had about him..

I try to let it all slide because people are ignorant sometimes, and rather than get angry, I try to remind myself that it's a good thing that I realise that not everyone is true to the stereotype. This process has definitely made me more open to other nationalities.

Edited by Gemmie

Timeline
hmm im 33 does that mean i am really old or just a little bit old :rofl:

Time to shop for a coffin! Or at least consider a shot gun and a rocking chair, depending if you are old and ornery or just old... I'm definitely going to be ornery when I get old (which is apparently next year hehe).

Chuck and Grace: I think it only counts if as page 100 if only august filers post in it, since you've posted in our thread now, we have to start over from page one... we almost made it... but oh well, let's get the next august thread started!... j/k.

As for the fat old white guys marrying young beautiful filipinas... that stereotype is definitely out there, perpetuated by websites claiming filipina women are perfect and infalable, websites claiming they are the most vile creatures on earth, and often as a result of people who ask questions on forums about fil-am marriages, usually a few responses make some kind of a reference to the stereotype (and sometimes it looks like puti mataba baboy). I spent a lot of time reading all kinds of stuff on the internet when I first considered getting into a relationship with someone from another country, before then I had actually never even really considered dating much outside of my neck of the woods, funny how fast some things change... I don't know who pushes it the most though, bitter ex gf's (mad because their ex fell for an asian), bitter ex bf's (mad because their ex fell for an american), people trying to make a profit (websites selling the idea that unattractive older men can meet beautiful young filipina women who will serve them as slaves) or the websites all but spewing out hate run by someone who was burnt and now claims all or 95% of all fil-am marriages are frauds for visa's (it'd be nice to know some hard numbers on how often that really happens but I've learned one thing about that here on VJ... if a relationship fails it's ALWAYS blamed on visa fraud, and never because someone is a controlling abusive jackass who drinks to much, doesn't take care of themselves, cheats, or whatever... if she leaves it's visa fraud...).

I guess there are two sides to the stereotype though, the fat white american and the visa seeking filipina... the fat old american thing is probably perpetuated by filipino's mostly and the visa seeking demon is perpetuated by the american side of it mostly, if you tell 10 people you are marrying someone from an asian country probably 8 of them will use the phrase mail order bride to describe that, and probably 6 or 7 will have some kind of alarm go off in their head that it's a scam, I don't know how or why it's become so ingrained into our culture that people from other countries are after green cards/money but it's definitely there, maybe it's like shark attacks, it's so rare that when someone actually is attacked by a shark it makes headlines, big sensational ones. Whenever I see a post by someone here and the nigeria flag is showing I have a knee jerk reaction to be suspicious thanks to the regular supply of emails from government officials who need my help to get large sums of money out of their country... the middle east... scary!... england... full of mad cows (not bitter ex gf's but real looney toon cows!!!), russia... mail order brides who will poison their husbands cup of coffee slowly, australians love fosters (of course I meant Fosters, the brand of beer that all aussies universally hate, other than the accent I seriously can't think of anything bad to say, you guys are like canadians, your wacky accents keep us laughing, and you put up with all our #######, not bad for a bunch of convicts, aussies of course, not canada...), and of course finally, american's, a bunch of wife beating lazy old dudes that no one would marry except for all the sweet lewtz we have cause we're RICH!...

BTW, most people should just skip this book I just wrote since it's mostly ridiculous... oh... sorry, I should have warned you to skip it at the start hahaha...

No need for the coffin, just leave the body somewhere so it doesnt stick up things for everyone else. Is the shotgun so I can end it all early?

As far as the stereotypes, I LIKE IT, you picked on just about everyone equally. haha. Well, obviously, I am not immune to the sterotypes as you mentioned from various web-sites, but I didnt meet my fiancee from the "mail order bride" service (not that there is anything wrong with that - but by the way, do you get a big catalog?). So I never really considered the stereotype, but you are right, some people certainly approach with caution and insinuate that the marriage is for a visa. But with our economy being what it is, I think it will be a little difficult to come here an make money right now anyway.

Last, I guess I will stop posting here - Get to work posting everyone, another 100 pages till NOA2 (sorry for my interuption, you were SOOOOOOOO close).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

I am 30

Emilia (Fiancee) is 31

Yes my fiancee is older than I am, hehehehehe. What can I say I went for the older girls in highschool, hahahahaha!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline
No need for the coffin, just leave the body somewhere so it doesnt stick up things for everyone else. Is the shotgun so I can end it all early?

Haha... nope, the shotgun and rocking chair are so you can sit on your porch with your shotgun next to you yelling at teenagers to "git off yer propertay", cause that's what old folks do, that and have problems voting because the ballots are confusing. No need to quit posting in the august thread... we'll just adopt you so we don't have to start over again.

Gemmie: In america we do have huge houses cars and well, we DO do everything bigger, especially in texas (texas is like america but bigger!)... the houses I saw in the philippines were about the same size as my 1 bedroom apartment... and tiny compared to a standard family sized house... but this was a house (not necessarily complete yet) in a massive city in an economically poor country... maybe in new york and other massive US cities families live in about the same space... I suspect the UK and america are pretty close in house size though. Obviously not all american's are rich, but if we're travelling to other countries we're probably doing fairly well to be able to afford that... but it seems kind of funny for people in the UK to think of american's as rich... I prefer you folks just assume we're arrogant... also assume if you make us mad we're gonna bomb ya... WAAAAAHOOOO... we elected Barrack O Bomb Ya cause we're bomb crazy!

This thread in the philippines forum kind of outlines how crazy the visa seeking fears are http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162283 and also makes me want to punch someone's brother...

One of the possible issues with the idea of old white dudes... while I was in the philippines one of her nephews would call me lolo, I'm not even a 'regular' father yet, much less a grandfather, apparently the reasoning was my pale skin and hair, which when you think about it, makes sense, I'm probably the first white person he met since he's young (not in school yet) and well, in a country full of people with nice year round tans and dark hair, I can't knock his logic. My brother did become a grandfather recently thanks to his wife's oldest daughter but none of the kids that are his fault have made it that far yet, I'm old for not being a father but definitely too young to be a grandpa (I'd have to have started early and had kids that started early... and then somehow survived telling me hehe).

Fred: You are marrying a filipina for all the wrong reasons! How the heck did you get citizenship here again, you should be marrying someone at least 20 years younger than yourself!..

Edit to add... since we are on birthdays, 11-17 is my fiances sister's birthday... it's not 11-17 in the philippines anymore but there was some karaoke action last night for certain!

Edited by maliciant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
We're 21 and 24 but I STILL feel old sometimes. I come out with lines that my mother used to say, I have conversations with my friends about the weather, stories on the news, about bargains I got shopping.. I find myself having to do "housewife" things like routine grocery shopping, shopping for vaccum bags or bed sheets, reminding my fiance to eat more healthy. Most people associate this age with partying and laziness, but I don't fit the typical 21 year old at all. I love how we can be so young but realise we're so old..

I have period pains today. :( Luckily, I have some American 'Midol' to help but it still sucks..

Woot Gemmie! Represent the 21 yr olds! LOL I am 21 as well (and yes Chris is 31 :) ) I dont think I feel old, least till I hang out with friends I went to school with, then the age gap seems huge... I suppose I just grew up a lot faster then some of them.

Do you get the "aren't you young to be getting married?", So many people from my parents generation ask it, yet so many of those who ask were married at like 18, 19... I just don't get it.

Thats right Mailicant all us Aussies with our odd accents love our convict created fosters.... The bit that amazed me when I went overseas was that everywhere I went, people had Fosters with "oh its a great Aussie beer" I wouldnt feed that to a rat.... OH well....

Besides I have the world's most retarded accent, and sadly it has always sounded the way it is, most people tell me Im from Canada :( I had to argue black and blue with another Aussie at a wedding a couple of months back that I was born and breed Aussie. My Guild on WoW (who minus 4 of us are american or canadian) now call me canadian or wannabe american :(

Damn it i want a shotgun and a rocking chair! When I hit old, or 33, that's what I'm investing my future in!

Edited by Chris & Mara

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline
Damn it i want a shotgun and a rocking chair! When I hit old, or 33, that's what I'm investing my future in!

Mara, your not listening. Stop with the old at 33, it isnt all of us, just Mailicant who is old. Besides, depending on what part of the US you are in, a gun and rocking chair might be a requirement for admission to the state.

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Lol But Chris tells me he is old all the time so I figured it was a disease you catch at around that point in your life :P

Perhaps you have just been immune to its horrors Chuck and Grace?

I don't think that a rocking chair and shotgun is a requirement in DC, infact they may post me off to NC or TX if arrived with them under my arm....

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Nahhhh, Im 30 but I am still young at heart! I still DJ, I still club,I still dance (JABBA, Hip Hop, Slide, ect..........)

As long as you young at heart you be young, look young as well! Im a perfect example! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline
Lol But Chris tells me he is old all the time so I figured it was a disease you catch at around that point in your life :P

Perhaps you have just been immune to its horrors Chuck and Grace?

I don't think that a rocking chair and shotgun is a requirement in DC, infact they may post me off to NC or TX if arrived with them under my arm....

Unfortunately, I am not immune - just not ready to admit I am old yet.

Yeah, for DC a shotgun might not be good, but with the crime rate (or as it was previously), a handgun might help you fit in - if not, you could always go to New Jersey (Not so far away).

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Did I say 32 was old... oops if I did... I just wanted to call fred an fat old white guy... and said I was turning 32, I think fred is younger than I am so I guess I probably did say 32 is old one way or another hehe...

My birthday plans... it's just another day to me... though it is the day before thanksgiving so it's actually effectively a friday. My fiancee wants me to get out and party or something, but that doesn't sound like much fun without her... and finally, the most important plans... my brother plans to get me drunk and then get pictures of me kissing a guy to send to my fiancee... he'll probably have some luck at least with part of his plan...

Chuck and Grace: We're going as fast as we can... I heard once you reach page 100 on your month's thread at VJ the NOA2's start... we've almost reached page 100 so we should get them soon!

*I probably just made up the bit about page 100... but yeah... it's getting close to our time, I can't wait.

My birthday is the 26th also - but I have no plans for kissing any guys, and I somehow dont think your fiancee will like that either, but hey, I dont know her. :rofl:

Oh yeah, stop with the old thing - I havent seen anyone yet post who is older than me, so you guys are making me feel bad. Aches and Pains of getting old I guess. Ha ha - but geez, I am only 36.

And by the way, maliciant, you are the only person I have seen mention a stereotype about us fat old white guys. I always just considered myself lucky!!

Gemmie, I understand. I was married the first time when I was 19, had a son when I was 20 - nothing like a family to keep you from wasting your years partying. But there is nothing wrong with it, if you are ready, committed and mature at that age, there is no reason it cant work. My marriage lasted over 16 years, at least one of them was good. :rofl: Just kidding, I have two great kids from it, and I have now found a truely wonderful person to spend the rest of my life with.

Happy Dancer, Happy Birthday a little late (is it still your birthday somewhere?). By the way, can I ask - Why the name Happy Dancer?

Anyway, this is one more post, to help you get to your 100 pages. Maybe you guys could start adding some stuff to the September thread, we are a kind of quiet group.

Think I have you all beat...I'm about to turn 48 next month..... :P

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

lol bring on that rocking chair shotgun oh and spitoon i am soooooooo ready lol

oh and my other half is 42

Edited by Donna-marie

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Timeline

Yeah, 48 and 42, I am NOT the old guy any more!!!!!!! So ladies, what attracted you to Old fat white American guys - all the money - ha ha, what a stereotype. I have heard all around the world that most people think Americans are fat - I hope people realize Stereotypes are just that, not at all true for most people. Even the Foster loving Australians.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i have been called a mad cow a time or 2 lol

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.