MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Married or engaged, in terms of your relationship I see little real difference if you are serious. I think having choices tends to make people happier, if you went the marriage route, you'd have the choice to work immediately *OR* focus on adjusting, as a fiancee you haven't got a choice, if adjusting takes you all of 10 days and then you are bored out of your mind... well, you can volunteer or something but you don't have a lot of choice as far as actually working. That and it's cheaper. I'm back to hoping august noa2's start popping off like crazy then... watching igor's list has been dissappointing this week, not nearly enough action!

Based on some of the approvals that have happened recently, it looks like about 4 months for csc filers to be finished... I knew going in it would likely be a 9 month process, being down to 4 months doesn't sound so bad (coming to a 6 month total which is decent turn around time all things considered). Of course, I'm paying more attention to CSC filers in the philippines, canadians and people who speak james bond english likely will be a little faster.

It's a psychological thing, I guess. It's different to me, as much as the seriousness is there.

I would prefer to move over at the end of my studies as his fiancee, the same as I was when I "left".. get married and set up a life together - than get married in the middle of this mess and have to wait to be together anyway. (And based on a few posts I have seen on here from people who went the K3 route, being married does sometimes make a difference in terms of how it feels)

We wouldn't want to risk being stuck in the spousal process which can take up to a year and facing problems because of it. As of next July, my apartment contract runs out. With the K1, I can have it in my hand in advance and not have to panic about it, focus on my studies, and still be within the 6 months.

Plus I wouldn't really have a choice whether or not I wanted to go into work ASAP because I can't drive. It's one of the first things I need to learn when I move over, because there is no way I can go anywhere alone until I get that out of the way. Our area of MA is somewhere you NEED to drive to get by. By the time the EAD comes in, which is only about 3 months, I would have hopefully learned and be able to choose then. :)

*practising James Bond voice*

Edited by Gemmie

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't let me edit my post...

Just wanted to add another strike for the K1 being that there's no way I would be able to bust through POE as many times as I have when we're already married. :P That has immigrant intent written all over it, hence why people wait almost a year apart.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have missed all of you!!! Good morning!!! I am observing EST time zone here. :P I have been up and about the past week and glad to say that I have accomplished a lotta things. That makes me feel so good! How's everybody? Will be back in a bit. Need to run to the supermarket before it closes.

See yah!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It has now been two months to the day since the last update was posted online for my petition. Awesome. (note the sarcasm).

Timeline

04-21-2008 - Wrote to each other for the first time

07-22-2008 - Met in Bangalore

07-30-2008 - Got engaged

08-05-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-06-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-13-2008 - Check cased

08-18-2008 - NOA1 received

08-18-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition "Touched"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think a K-3 indicates immigration any more than a K-1, and of course once approved, it wouldn't have mattered anymore since you'd be free to come or go, either way it's too late to be worth changing and it's not a huge deal either way.

A lot of people live in areas where you *have* to have a car to get around... and somehow a lot of people manage to get around without a car anyway! But having said that, yeah, most people aren't cut out to live life without a car and those who do... still have to make heavy/bulky purchases now and then so...

Some good friday night noa2's, yay. And just to clarify when I said 4 months to go in the last post I meant 4 months to go until visa's, not just the noa2.

It's been quiet here lately, wow!

But yeah most of us here have passed the 60 day mark already, wooooohoooo! October is almost over and bring on November.

It's insane at work for me, I have to be in my Vancouver office Monday morning then back again early in Seattle. I love it though, makes time go so fast! I just don't like waking up when it's still dark and cold! I just wish that one day i wake up my SO will be right next to me, soon soon soon.

But hey I moved 2 spots up on Igors list, hahahaha.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
It's been quiet here lately, wow!

But yeah most of us here have passed the 60 day mark already, wooooohoooo! October is almost over and bring on November.

It's insane at work for me, I have to be in my Vancouver office Monday morning then back again early in Seattle. I love it though, makes time go so fast! I just don't like waking up when it's still dark and cold! I just wish that one day i wake up my SO will be right next to me, soon soon soon.

But hey I moved 2 spots up on Igors list, hahahaha.

i wishhhhhhhhhhh,

they would update igors list and remove all the old and not updated entries, that would make us feel alot better about knowing what place we are in the list

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

Touched. . .2-26-09

Touched. . .2-27-09

APPROVED!!! 3-2-09

Hard Copy received. . .3-6-09

gemmie! i was just think that if i (we aug filers) havent had a shot of something we were meant to have when we were younger will they make us have it at the medical thats why i asked about HEP shots cause i dont think i had thme as a child!! the site only says i need MMR(done) and Tdap(done 2003) so i think im all good! as long as what i thought doesnt happen lol!

Only 26 days and i get to see my jess! and 40 days i go to usa and hopefully! get in!!! My work said they will write me a letter confirmng im returnig to full time employment!! ( does any know what they should say in the letter) i said they should not ay anything about the visa!! but is ther anything else apart from the dates they are giving me off and when i return to wok !!

Colin & Jess

*K-1 Visa Timeline*

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent USPS: 08-18-2008

I-129F arrived at VSC: 08-21-08

Check cashed by VSC: 08-24-08

I-129F NOA1 : 08-24-08

I-129F NOA2 (CHECKED ON WEBSITEl) : 1-28-09

NOA 2 (IN HAND) : 1-29-09

NVC Received : 02-06-09

NVC Left : 02-10-09

Consulate Received : 02-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 02-13-09

Packet 3 Sent to London (minus checklist): 03-02-09

Packet 3 Received in London( found out via calling embassy and email) : 03-12-09

Packet 3 checlist sent back: 03-27-09

Medical: 03-26-09 canceled due to operation... rescheduled for 04/23/09

Packet 4 Received :04-06-09

Interview Date : 04-27-09 ( APPROVED pending medical results)

Visa Received :

US Entry : 04-13-09 via Dallas Fort Worth airport

Marriage : 06-06-09

AOS time line

I-485(+EAD&AP) sent: 07/21/09

Arrived: 07/23/09

Biometrics: 08/26/09

RFE: 08/10/09 but got letter 10-23-09 (you have 87days to answer an RFE)

RFE RECEIVED: 30-10-09 at 4pm

Interview:

AOS transfer(if any):4/11/09

Approval/denial date:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Sometimes I wonder if our friends and family truly understand what we put ourselves through.

I would never recommend a long distance relationship or even one that involves a visa process to anyone.

It takes an individual with courage and love in their heart.

To be able to perservere as they travel down this path.

When I'm asked why i do this.

I ask him/her if they have seen the movie City of Angels.

And I reiterate this quote by Seth when he was asked if he would do it all again...

"I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One."

This is why i do this.

And I tell him/her to go listen with their hearts not their ears.....to the main song in the movie "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls....

And I'd give up forever to touch you

Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

Cause sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me

Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming

Or the moment of truth in your lies

When everything seems like the movies

Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

And I don't want the world to see me

Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

For those who have not heard this song or maybe have not seen the movie here is a link for you to check it out:

Sorry for the long post.

(L) Just missing my Love (L)

She tells me "Dont listen to those sad songs"

but these are the songs I long to hear while we are apart.

What songs are playing in your heart....while you wait?

--take care

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline

hello everyone..i wonder whats IGOR LIST all about? We filed Sept 2 in CSC and got our NOA1 on Sept. 17. dont see any touches in our online case status.How can i tract our timeline there in IGOR if its touched?anyone can enlighten me with these pls? the waiting game really sucks!

thanks in advance ....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Awe Chris is feeling all philosopical today. Very sweet and very true.

Awesomepinay,

The only way you can tell if you have got a touch or not is to get onto the USCIS website and use your case number/reciept number to login and check your status.

If you scout around the forum you will find a thread that has been dedicated September filers from CSC who will be happy to keep you company whilst you wait for your NOA2. Not to say that us August filers won't but you might be a bit discouraged when they start coming through for August.

Hope this helps :)

- Mara

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

hello everyone..i wonder whats IGOR LIST all about? We filed Sept 2 in CSC and got our NOA1 on Sept. 17. dont see any touches in our online case status.How can i tract our timeline there in IGOR if its touched?anyone can enlighten me with these pls? the waiting game really sucks!

thanks in advance ....

I got my NOA1 August 13th and to this day I have no touches, CSC rarely to never touches until the final days of your approval.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

AwesomePinoy: Igor's list is a good way to see how other people's cases are progressing, the information used to make igor's list comes from the timelines people fill in here. Igor's list doesn't track touches at all. Using your case number from your NOA1 on the USCIS website is the only way to see touches and the only way you will see new information on your own petition (other than regular US Post mail).

Hello everbody who apply for K1 on August 2008

I apply for K-1 Visa at VSC August too, would like to have some friend here.

Here's my timeline

2008-08-11 *****sent form I-129F to VSC

2008-08-19****** My fiance Got Noa1 at home.

2008-10-15****** VSC touched our case because my finace change new address

***** Now Waiting for NOA2 *********

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

G morning all,

Igors list is moving woohooo, bout time slowly but still its moving, the list is just an estimate based on time lines posted here. There are some that have not updated or just left the site so its tough to see just how high up the list you really are any way heres the link to Igor.

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.