MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd even go so far as to say that most people probably do not know the difference between a visa and a passport.

Yeah, I've noticed this too.. I've been asked if I'll be a US citizen once I get my visa. :lol: Or why I could possibly have any problems trying to get into the US as often as I like.

As for the support, I can understand it must be hard for friends and family members to accept that a loved one is moving abroad. It actually makes me feel guilty at times and the thing is, I don't *want* to leave *anyone*... it seems I've been put into this situation (as we all have), of having to either leave the fiance/e or leave the family/friends. It's hard to understand why someone you love would leave the country and everyone behind physically. And that's why I often feel bad when I hear how upset others are.

I remind my dad when he talks about how much it sucks that he might only get to see me a couple times a year that this is the reality of what me and Bill face being apart from each other. We just want it to end, years of being apart is incredibly tiring, as we all know. I don't expect everything to go perfect once we're re-united, I'm not that naive. There are going to be so many issues to handle both as a couple and as individuals, adjusting. But I feel it's time that Bill and I have a proper chance to allow our relationship to grow without the restrictions of living across an ocean.

Maliciant, wow @ your time difference!! That must be really difficult.

Mara, I've always wanted to visit Australia... my friend is from Essex (Greater London) and she always hears about how her accent is Australian! I hate to admit it, but I can see that too. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah... the time difference is pretty much what happens when you date on the opposite side of the globe, it kind of murders my sleeping patterns for now, anyone with a philippines flag by their name has pretty much the same time zone difference... it basically works out so that someone is usually at work when we are talking (mostly via instant messaging). It's not too big a deal except if I want to get out and do something that involves daylight, I'm going to have to lose sleep or not talk to my fiancee that night... so I tend to skip the sunlight hehe... sleep and my fiancee rate higher (except on weekends where sleep is more optional).

I kind of hate how when reading this thread someone will post something like a touch, and I'll think awesome... and then glance and see the Filing at: VSC and realize oh yeah... damn pesky VSC filers with all their positive news, CSC is far enough behind that I'll be reading a lot of VSC interview and medical experiences around the time the NOA2 arrives... me and the other CSC filers will just have to grow bitter together watching VSC filers go ahead of us (though I think only the fiance(e) visa's are faster there, seems like there is general purpose hatred of VSC from married couples).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on your touch donna!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Im tempted to go look also for a touch, but nahhhhh! I'll hold off, BE STRONG FRED! BE STRONG!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
oOOOHHHH WEEE!!! I hate my time zone. Got my daughter's passport all sorted out now. Just waiting for it to be released three weeks from now.

Fred, I have added you. :)

Mara, girl you both look terrific. Awww, people in love are just a sight to behold.

Dani, I have missed you yesterday.

Harsh, we all have our venting moments. Feel free to b*tch about the process. We can all relate.

Maliciant, it's been a while I haven't heard from you.

BeTogetherSoon, I ams seeing approvals for K1 for Texas filers. Hope yours come soon.

Missed everyone. Let's start the day guys. :D

hey HappyDancer, where did you get that from? I´m mean, that would be awesome!

yeah, I know the problem with explaining so I do it like you gemmie. this is the shortest and easiest way.

For me the hardest thing will be to say goodbye at the airport to my family and friends. In some way I´m a lil bit afraid of that cause I know it will break my heart to see them all cry... :crying:

timeline K1

07/25/08 sent file to Vermont

08/13/08 got NOA1

01/07/09 got approved!! (after 147 days)

01/08/09 touch

01/12/09 NOA2 hardcopy + case arrived at NVC

01/15/09 case sent to Frankfurt Embassy

01/21/09 case arrived at Frankfurt Embassy

01/23/09 received Pack. 3 -> sent Pack. 3 back

02/03/09 received Pack. 4

02/20/09 Medical/Interview Appointment passed!!!!

03/03/09 Visa received!!!! :D :D

03/12/09 POE Washington DC

03/17/09 applied for SSN

03/23/09 got VA marriage license

03/31/09 got the SSN

04/13/09 wedding!!!!!! :D :D :D

04/27/09 SSN name change

05/01/09 got new SSN

AOS

05/06/09 sent file!!!

05/15/09 NOA1 for I-485 and I-765

06/05/09 Biometrics

06/15/09 EAD card production ordered!!!

06/16/09 touch EAD

06/18/09 card production ordered

06/24/09 EAD received

07/22/09 case transferred to CA

08/25/09 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

09/03/09 Greencard received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ROC

06/13/11 sent file

06/14/11 file arrived in Vermont

06/19/11 got NOA

03/22/12 APPROVED

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No word on mine. No updates since Aug 18. This is having a very bad effect on my fiance and me and I worry the stress of it may ruin things for us. F'ing government bs. Now I know why people come here illegally. If you can do it and get away with it, more power to them. If we a decent process for it, maybe people wouldn't feel the need to cheat the system. I wish immigration was privatized.

Not to get political, but for people out there who think having more government involvment in things like healthcare are crazy. If this process was handled by a private company, it would be done already. The Indian government outsourced their visa process for people wanting to travel from the US to India., Guess what...it took me less than a 10 days to get my visa. I applied online, mailed them my US passport with all the requested documentation and I had my passport and visa back in my hands the next week. Think about that. One company in Texas handling visas from the US to the 2nd most populated country in the world and done in 10 days.

This is why I'll never vote for anyone offering more government involvement in anything....if you want it fine...but just remember this is the same institution that gave us the IRS, US Postal Service, our airport security procedures...and keeps us from our loved ones for a ridiculous amount of time. Well done big government.

Ok..that's my rant :)

Timeline

04-21-2008 - Wrote to each other for the first time

07-22-2008 - Met in Bangalore

07-30-2008 - Got engaged

08-05-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-06-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-13-2008 - Check cased

08-18-2008 - NOA1 received

08-18-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition "Touched"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Im tempted to go look also for a touch, but nahhhhh! I'll hold off, BE STRONG FRED! BE STRONG!

Oh, go look! You know you want too!

lol

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Mark I know what you mean. Talking about stress, I have just gotten out of the hospital two weeks ago and yes it ain't pretty. It is stupid - do it the right way and you're bound for doom. I don't understand why we all have to go through so much red tape while we are doing it the legal way. I should have known better.

It is indeed very frustrating and mind you it gets the better of me sometimes.

Hang in there. You tell your fiance that too. I am not feeling very good being away from my man. Damn these miles and damn all the legal ####### we all have to go through.

That's my rant. :D

I am done for today guys. Gotta get some sleep now. :)

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, go look! You know you want too!

lol

I'll confess... I looked... no touch... I think I also looked last night... I know better, but I'm no Fred...

More government is generally always bad, on the other hand the visa process is handled by the government for security reasons, yeah it still sucks... but at this point I'll (as ironic as it may sound) trust the US Gov to do a good job in that one regard, too bad that means long waits for visa's though. Of course since USCIS survives on application fees, you'd think they could afford to keep up with more applications by hiring more staff and speed up the process... however, we're probably looking at a situation where todays applications pay for the processing of past applications... and they are essentially operating in the hole about 3 - 4 months behind, but it looks OK on paper because even if they are just barely in the black... the expenses of processing each application would put them in the red if they had no new income... just wild speculation and not really on topic anymore but well... it's the only reason I can think that more people couldn't be hired to evaluate petitions to deal with the backlog.

And from what I heard they also work on Saturdays, that's pretty good eh?

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ty ty ty

omg another one today, 2 touches in 2 days

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
ty ty ty

omg another one today, 2 touches in 2 days

Congratz once again!!!!

:dance::dance:

This must be a very good sign for whats to come!! :thumbs:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ooh i hope so

thankyou

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good morning all, look at that a page whilst I slept, you are all such busy little VJ posting beavers! LOL

Maliciant - I feel your pain I really do, we are 12 hours apart, and I of course happen to reside in QLD, the only state that doesn't have Day light savings, so whilst its only an 11 hour gap for the rest of the east coast I am still dealing with 12..... sadly this means that for the most part we only get to talk on weekends or when Im not working, which lately has been rare, both a blessing and a curse it would seem.

Gemmie - I'm telling you girl I don't have an accent!!!!! Lol well that's a bad lie I really do have an accent, sadly its really not very australian lol. The kids at the school I teach at always ask me what country I am from because they don't believe me that I was born and raised in Aus lol (I even went to the primary school that I teach at). My accent is a lovely hybrid of Australian, british and american now days lol. But then that's how it has always been, even Chris doesn't think I have an accent....

Mark - As my mum keeps telling me, "if your relationship can survive this then it can survive anything" and I tend to agree with her, it's hard on all of us being so far from home and I know I'll be one of the first to ###### on a bad day or week, but remember, we still have their love and care from this far away and we must all have something very very special to be able to put everything about our lives on hold for 6 -12 months whilst things get sorted therefore the wait will be worth the reward. If it is still beating you up, consider investing in a webcam, Chris and I don't use one, mainly because I know if used one I would cry myself to sleep at night knowing that I could see him but not hug him :(

Donna - Grats on the second touch!!!! Yay for them not fogetting about us here locked in the August dugeon! Don't get your hopes up too high though, I wouldn't want to see on of our fellow augustians crash and burn this early in the process.

Fred - I dare ya to look, go on you know you want to :P To be honest though I think it is possibily a good thing that we still dont have our number for USCIS or I would live on the site when I got up in the morning till when I went to sleep!

Betogethersoon - I agree, it will be both the hardest thing I have done in a long time to get on that plane back to the states as well as the easist thing LOL. I know there will be some tears shed that I won't see my family every day, but then I know they will be in the states with me come August for our wedding ceremony and that i will be able to email and call when ever I want. I am going to set my parents computer up before I go with a webcam so that we can call each other and make sure that it is working and all that jazz (seeing as though they aren't hugely techno minded).

Dani & Chris - Because I don't want you to feel left out in my super long post lol Good morning to both of you :) How are you both doing this week?

We still don't have our NOA1, at this rate the NOA2 will beat the NOA1 to us o.O lol. I would be more scared about this minus the fact that I know Chris rang USCIS and they confirmed that we were in the system so this is a start. You don't actually need the NOA1 do you? But the NOA2 has to be taken to the interview with me right?

So we need a happy topic for the future. Here is the one I'm going to throw out there: (L) Wedding Plans!!!!! (L)

What are we all planning on doing?

Have a great day all :)

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.