MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh I know exactly how you feel, I'm just wishing my life away because all I care about is this damn visa. My fiance thinks it'll be approved any day now but I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that we'll be waiting a very long time. I can hardly look at the other threads on this because others are getting approved and it makes me feel sick, I'm so happy for them but it's just a reminder that we are NOT approved. Not even getting any touches, at least that would be something. I'm on the verge of tears all the time and because the rest of the world is getting on with their lives, you end up feeling very isolated. All my friends are married and having babies - I feel like Bridget Jones! :crying:

At least Bridget Jones didn´t have to wait for a visa and millions of single women could identify with her (haha)- nobody seems to understand me or us.

I just graduated and so did my friends. Everybody is starting new jobs and every weekend I am helping people to move into nice new appartments. Some with their boyfriends/husbands. I sold all my stuff and live with my parents. What is ok for some time but definetly not an option for much longer.

I hate to say it: My life sucks.

We are having an engagement party in Germany on march 7th. I don´t know what to celebrate right now. Just hoping I´ll be in a good mood then. At least my guy will be with me then. That is something to look forward to.

I appologize to everyone in this thread for having to read my depressing thoughts. I just never felt as hopeless as today.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day!

NOA1 August 22nd

touched after congressman inquriry January 27th

touched again February 27th

NOA2 hardcopy March 7th

Interview April 23rd

Visa in mail April 29th

Flight to US May 14th

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

No news yet HD, don't expect to hear anything till probably after Wednesday though :)

I really hope some of us who are still waiting get approved this week, I also hope they find our application....

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

I'm going to be flying out and trying to visit this wednesday. Wish me luck guys!

Well done on getting it sorted Neil and good luck to you! Hope your family is doing well :D

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

I'm going to be flying on Wednesday, too. But to Nicaragua for our interview on Friday!!!

I am so beyond nervous. I dont think I have ever been excited/scared/nervous/freaking out in my life! but then again, I've never had to personally petition the US government for permission to marry my love either...so i guess it merits all of these emotions and more! :wacko:

Good luck for your interview!!! It will be good that you are going to the interview together you will be able to support each other through it :D

Send us back good news :D

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
No news yet HD, don't expect to hear anything till probably after Wednesday though :)

I really hope some of us who are still waiting get approved this week, I also hope they find our application....

Mara I am hoping you have any positive news this week:) NOA2 will fit perfectly:) I am including you in my prayers! also Dani! I believe you are both getting your approval soon!

Good Luck to Neil Wood and Yader&Sara!

Everyone still waiting keep your minds positives and it will come to you! This is a new week of approvals, believe is yours!

Kisses and hugs!

Mia

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i feel the same way sometimes deneter, be careful u dont destroy who you are in the process, keep busy, do fun things and try and be positive.. its hard and its prob the hardest thing you will have to endure.. but its all worth it..

We will have our interview 2/23!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I will leave on 2/20!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck to everyone!!!

8/22/08 I-129F sent to VSC

8/23/08 I-129F arrived at VSC

8/25/08 NOA1

1/21/09 NOA2

2/11/09 Medical Passed!!

2/23/09 Interview Passed!!

3/2/09 Visa Recieved!!

3/7/09 Arrive in U.S.A!!!

5/3/09 Married!!!!!!!

Goodluck to Yader&Sarah, dispozo, and anyone else for the interviews!

Mara, Dani, you are always in my prayers...you will be getting your NOA2 soon, don't lose hope!

deneter, Caroline L: I know what you mean, up until I got my NOA2, horrible thoughts of year long security checks and whatnot almost drove me crazy, but remember that everyday is a new day, with new possibilities, no two days are the same, so you never know maybe you get your NOA2 tomorrow...the best advice I can give you is to keep busy, keep doing the things you like to do and what makes you happy, because the last thing you want is to make yourself ill with worry. I did some crazy things to keep me busy, just for the sake of passing time, but it was really worth it, you have to get your mind off of the waiting game somehow. You are also in my prayers, keep strong!

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

We will have our interview 2/23!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I will leave on 2/20!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck to everyone!!!

2/23? That's my birthday! definitely a goodluck date for you! hehehe

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

February birthdays all around, I see. Today, or what's left of it, is mine!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. We can all relate to how difficult this is, certainly some more than others, but our time to be with our loved ones forever WILL come!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

I will be able to experience my 31st bday hehehe, today I was lucky to be alive. We had snow early morning here in Seattle when I was driving by a woody area I hit black ice and my car was drifting left and right as I avoided an incoming vehicle I somehow ended up in a ditch. I didnt know how long I been knocked out, got out of the car and miracolously I did not hit anything and I'm alive! woooh! I guess its not my time yet!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I just submitted my I-129F petition to Vermont yesterday via DHL. Waiting for proof of receipt today. :) I thought I'd get the conversation started for those joining me on the journey this month. I look forward to sharing stories along the way.

My fiance is Indian and resides in Bangalore. We got engaged on 7/30/08 and I just returned from India on Monday. This site has been really fantastic in helping me feel confident that I can do this process on my own and with the great assistance and advice of the community here.

Best of luck to all filing in August. Here we go and may it be a smooth ride for all.

-Mark

Hi guys,

I am one of August filers.Waiting for NOA2 from Vermont Centre.

Is any August filers is approved or not?It's take so long to approved from VSC.

Good luck to all August filling.

Gitas.

Timeline

07-05-2008 - Got engaged

08-08-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-11-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-14-2008 - NOA1 received

01-14-2009 - Petition "Touched"

01-22-2009 - Petition "Touched"

Yeah some Vermont filers are getting approved already. According to your timeline you received an RFE, did you return and responded to your RFE?

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi August Filers

I had my interview today and i passed :dance: :dance: :dance:

Picking my visa next week, I thank God for everything , He is awesome in our lives :)

For those still waiting for the NOA2 - We shall continue supporting and waiting together.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Wonderful news Jaqi, be happy and stay in Love :)

Fredy, you're lucky, it cant be your time yet, at least bring the fiancee and the kids in usa and give a good life to them :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.