MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thank you very much Fredy, wow i just noticed we joined the same dates :D

i wish i was approved by now,,well maybe there's reason for delaying, God only knows

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dani I still remember when you sent me a message regarding my story, hehehehehe!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just found this site last Feb. I didn't know this ever existed coz i've been researching for months but I never got here til last Wednesday. Guess that was lucky day!! :dance:

I'm an august filer too and I recently just received my packet (letter from USEM last Jan.20).

I will soon sked my interview and medical exams. I'll still be here too...so please keep me posted of your status updates. Good luck to you...and May God bless us all. :thumbs:

sigh :( everyone is leaving here, its sad, by the time i eventually get my noa2 no one will be left here and who will congratulate us :cry:

ElleKelly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just found this site last Feb 4. I didn't know this ever existed coz i've been researching for months but I never got here til last Wednesday. Guess that was my lucky day!! kicking.gif

I'm an august filer too and I recently just received my packet (letter from USEM last Jan.20).

I will soon sked my interview and medical exams. I'll still be here too...so please keep me posted of your status updates. Good luck to you...and May God bless us all. good.gif

ElleKelly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't worry Dani some of us are still around and despite my level of busy I do check the site everyday and am always excited at the approvals and thinking of everyone still waiting. I understand waiting more than everyone I ever met and with this I also know there is always a reason why things happen when they do. Sure that doesn't help at the time but it is true and soon all this wait will be over and things will move so fast you will be under a panic to keep up..like me. Keep smiling everyone because my prayers are with everyone. :star:

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I just submitted my I-129F petition to Vermont yesterday via DHL. Waiting for proof of receipt today. :) I thought I'd get the conversation started for those joining me on the journey this month. I look forward to sharing stories along the way.

My fiance is Indian and resides in Bangalore. We got engaged on 7/30/08 and I just returned from India on Monday. This site has been really fantastic in helping me feel confident that I can do this process on my own and with the great assistance and advice of the community here.

Best of luck to all filing in August. Here we go and may it be a smooth ride for all.

-Mark

Hi there,

I am also one of August filter waiting for NOA2 from VSC.Hoping n praying to get NOA2...QUITE SOON......

Timeline

07-09-2008 - Got engaged

08-08-2008 - Mailed I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition to VSC

08-11-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition received by VSC

08-14-2008 - NOA1 received

08-16-2008 - I-129F (K1 Visa) Petition "Touched"

01-16-2009-got a mail-missing passport photo of my finacee.

01-19-2009-send the photo again.

01-22-2009-Toched.

02-05-2009- we applied for expident.

02-06-2009- expident rejected.

it's been 193 days still WAITING for NOA2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

We're still here, too!

Our case is in the UK, according to DHL, so it should be delivered Monday morning. Maybe Tuesday, I don't know. We're planning on rescheduling the whatever interview date they give us to something late March/beginning of April-ish. I hope there won't be any problems with that.

After that.. well, I hope it won't be long after that that I'm ready to leave. Six more exams to go.. shouldn't take too long.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

We're still here, too!

Our case is in the UK, according to DHL, so it should be delivered Monday morning. Maybe Tuesday, I don't know. We're planning on rescheduling the whatever interview date they give us to something late March/beginning of April-ish. I hope there won't be any problems with that.

After that.. well, I hope it won't be long after that that I'm ready to leave. Six more exams to go.. shouldn't take too long.

Based on other people's London timelines, your interview will likely fall during those dates anyhow :). We were extremely lucky in how fast ours was processed, but I know of many other people on here who have waited quite a bit longer to get their interview date. The last interview date that was scheduled for London (to my knowledge) was Feb. 24th and you figure by the time the medical is done and packet 3 paperwork sent and returned, you'll be looking at around another month.

We called DOS and asked if it was possible to reschedule an interview for a later date if necessary (we didn't want it to conflict with our trip to Spain) and they said absolutely. So don't worry!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
We're still here, too!

Based on other people's London timelines, your interview will likely fall during those dates anyhow :). We were extremely lucky in how fast ours was processed, but I know of many other people on here who have waited quite a bit longer to get their interview date. The last interview date that was scheduled for London (to my knowledge) was Feb. 24th and you figure by the time the medical is done and packet 3 paperwork sent and returned, you'll be looking at around another month.

We called DOS and asked if it was possible to reschedule an interview for a later date if necessary (we didn't want it to conflict with our trip to Spain) and they said absolutely. So don't worry!

I'm in Croatia. ;) I mentioned UK because that's where the case really is at the time. They're expecting it in Zagreb on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

There are very few K visas (basically other ones, as well) here in Croatia, so I'm sure I'll need to reschedule the original interview date. They'll make an appointment so soon that I won't even have time to gather all the documents in time. ;)

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Im still here despite me being extremely busy with the visa stuff and work. I will be here assisting other visa applicants because if you gone through this the amount of knowledge you gain through this process is quite valuable to others.

USEM NBI Requirements:

I'm in Croatia. ;) I mentioned UK because that's where the case really is at the time. They're expecting it in Zagreb on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Oops, sorry for the confusion! :)

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Its strange to me that CSC and VSC can not produce NOA2 at a good rate at the same time. It seems to me that only one of them can produce a decent amount, and the other one lags. DO they move employees around? Whatever their reason is, this problem needs to be looked at. I hope we all reunited with our love ones soon.

2005- Introduced thru relatives

2006-2008- Talked on the phone and emails

2008 June 1- Went to Tashkent to meet her. Stayed in Tashkent from June 1 to July 27 2008.

2008 June 12- Engaged at the most beautiful park in Tashkent

2008 August 15 - Received NOA1 from Vermont Center

2008 August 16 - Went back to Tashkent to stay with my fiancee. I stayed with her from August 18th to November 23. The best 4 months of my life.

2008 November -25 Came back to States. I miss my sweetheart.

2009 February 4- Touched

2009 Februrary 5- NOA2 HORAAAAYYyy Thank you GOD

2009 February 12- NVC received NOA2 from VCS

2009 Ferruary 13- NVC sent the package to U.S. Embassy in Tashkent

2009 March 3- She received her Packet 3////// Her interview is on April 2

2009 March 4- I received visa to Tashkent

None of the two processing centers can be evenly consistent in productivity, maybe they take turns in taking breaks every other week. It's frustrating to those still waiting for their petitions to be approved!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Still lurking in the depths of this thread. We're at day 170. This is driving me crazy. I know in a way that I have it somewhat easier since we're together but it's still a stain. Still working 12/7 for a company and management I despise and then have to put on a smile for her at the end of every day.

There's only one other petition in for Greenland that I know of, because I helped the GI fill out the I129F. Talking to DoS about a foreign service gig. Maybe I should take it. One of the perks is supposed to be inside tracked processing for foreign spouses.

Well if and when day 180 hits I'll make the calls. And what really agravates me is that this is the easiest part. When we deal with the embassy in Copenhagen every bit of mail has to go from here to the States through the APO system, then get mailed to Denmark, and vise versa. Each packet's going to take a month each way.

I'm going to take out my frustration by pimp slapping a polar bear now.

2008-08-01: Sent I-129F packet

2008-08-18: I-129F packet delivered to VSC

2008-08-21: NOA1 sent

2008-09-01: NOA1 hardcopy received

2009-02-12: NOA2 sent

2009-02-13: NOA2 e-mail notice sent

2009-02-18: NVC in

2009-02-19: NVC out

2009-02-23: NVC packet delivered to Copenhagen

2009-02-26: NOA2 hardcopy received

2009-03-04: "Packet 3" received

2009-03-05: NVC hardcopy letter advising packet forwarded to embassy

2009-07-16: Appointment for Medical Examination

2009-08-05: Embassy Interview

2009-08-06: Visa Approved

2009-08-12: POE

2009-08-21: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody has any information about visiting the US before the interview date.

My fiance gave birth a month early today. The problem is my packet 3 is stuck in processing hell. We sent it out 4 weeks ago this friday and we cannot do anything about it not getting there until that day, and even then we do not know what action the embassy will take. They may just ask us to send it again.

I was wondering if it would be possible to visit just for a week or two. Until i get my interview date. Money isn't an issue i would just like to know if this is possible as i really need/wan't to be there to help out.

I don't really have anything like an apartment contract or a job contract as i am living at home and i'm unemployed at the moment. Is there anything else i can use as proof that i will be returning?

Any help would be wonderful, i really need some information.

Thank you,

Neil.

12030.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.