MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I tried that, they told me that they do not do that.

you should consider to change phone card company then. for example, i use this company, Pingo.com here you can print out call logs, you can check out the rates there...

:help: Hey guys little help here pls, how long does it take USCIS to send our approved petition to NVC and how do we know NVC has it, and what's the next step for here? Because we've been hungry for this NOA2 and we got it, we don't even know how to eat it :lol: , pls ur help will be really appreciated.

you can give them a call in about 1 or 2 weeks.....

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
:help: Hey guys little help here pls, how long does it take USCIS to send our approved petition to NVC and how do we know NVC has it, and what's the next step for here? Because we've been hungry for this NOA2 and we got it, we don't even know how to eat it :lol: , pls ur help will be really appreciated.

Maliciant - we need help here!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks HW

June 26..........Sent I-129F to VSC

June 28..........Received @ VSC

Aug 09.......... Packet sent back b'cos of poor written check

Aug 11...........Resent packet to VSC

Aug 12...........Package deliverd and signed for by P. Novak

Aug 14...........NOA1

Aug 18...........Check cashed...(Pheeeeew)

Aug 19...........Touched!

Aug 20...........NOA1 Hard copy

Dec 01...........Touched (due to my change of address)

JAN 06 2009...NOA2 ( case approved ) wooohhhhhhoooooo!!!!!!!

JAN 07 2009...Touched!

JAN 08 2009...NVC Recieved Case( we got our case number)

JAN 10 2009...NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved

JAN 12 2009...NVC Forwarded case to NIgeria(confirmed over the phone)

JAN 14 2009...NVC Hardcopy mail recieved

JAN 26 2009...Fiancee received Packets 3 & 4

JAN 28 2009...Started Police Report

JAN 29 2009...Started Medical Exams

MAR 01 2009...I will be flying to Nigeria to be with my Angel at interview

MAR 04 2009...Interview.(WE ARE NOT WORRIED BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL.....YAY)

MAR 28 2009...Returning to the USA with wife-to-be.

MAR 29 2009...POE (IAH) Intercontinental Airport Houston (2nd day arrival )

APR 10 2009....Our Glorious Wedding (Good Friday, How cool uh?)

When he says yes, nobody says no, believe in him my Lord is able..............

10760.gif

11563.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
This is a totally random question, but does any one else have ATT wireless?

My previous cell phone company got bought out by ATT and now I'm confused.

Previously, when I printed my phone records, the numbers from incoming calls were shown, but now, it appears with ATT it only says, INCOMING CALL. which sucks, because you can't tell which ones are coming from Nicaragua. It only says when I call INTERNATIONAL, which is rarely, because I use a calling plan (I copy records from that too, but I know it's good to have direct).

Anyway, does anyone who has ATT know a magic way to make the incoming number show?

Thanks!

i have att aka cingular, and i just went online to check my previous bills and it does show the phone number...

Regarding the phone thing. I call Uzbekistan using a phone card company that is located in New York. My T-mobile invoice shows that i call New York, not Uzbekistan to my fiancee. Is this a problem? Thanks

you might want to call the phone card company to see if they can give you a call record...

I use rebtel.com and from there I can print out a log of when I called him from my cell/house/work with the phone card.

But I will have to call customer service :bonk: to find out if I can get a more detailed record.

Our Wedding Pics

There is always some madness in love.

But there is also always some reason in madness.

Nietzsche

12.Jan.2007..... Met in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua.

07.May.2007.... Started dating.

02.Sep.2007..... Engaged!

K-1

06.Aug.2008..... K-1 app sent to California Service Center.

11.Aug.2008..... NOA1 recieved.

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

13.Feb.2009.......Interview passed!!!

20.Feb.2009.......Received visa.

21.Feb.2009.......POE, Houston

AOS

12.May.2009......Filed AOS.

21.May.2009......NOA1

04.Jun.2009.......Biometrics

18.Jun.2009.......EAD card production ordered

26.Jun.2009.......EAD card received

06.Aug.2009......AOS interview (st. louis) Card production ordered

06.Sep.2009......Wedding Ceremony and Celebration

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is a totally random question, but does any one else have ATT wireless?

My previous cell phone company got bought out by ATT and now I'm confused.

Previously, when I printed my phone records, the numbers from incoming calls were shown, but now, it appears with ATT it only says, INCOMING CALL. which sucks, because you can't tell which ones are coming from Nicaragua. It only says when I call INTERNATIONAL, which is rarely, because I use a calling plan (I copy records from that too, but I know it's good to have direct).

Anyway, does anyone who has ATT know a magic way to make the incoming number show?

Thanks!

i have att aka cingular, and i just went online to check my previous bills and it does show the phone number...

Regarding the phone thing. I call Uzbekistan using a phone card company that is located in New York. My T-mobile invoice shows that i call New York, not Uzbekistan to my fiancee. Is this a problem? Thanks

you might want to call the phone card company to see if they can give you a call record...

I use rebtel.com and from there I can print out a log of when I called him from my cell/house/work with the phone card.

But I will have to call customer service :bonk: to find out if I can get a more detailed record.

Try looking at your bill on-line if it is AT&T. I am not sure, but previously I was using Verizon and you could show names or numbers or not on the on-line screen. AT&T might be similar or have options for you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yader & sarah, i use to use rebtel, but i think rebtel doesn't show the phone number you call plus the rate to Nigeria cell phone is incredible unaffordable, that was when i switched to Nonoh (www.nonoh.net) the actually show full call logs, numbers you call, time of call, call duration, and even the call cost, plus you can print out your invoice i.e purchases for record, you pay in Euro though, but for me it really worth it, it proves me and my babe talks every single day :star:

June 26..........Sent I-129F to VSC

June 28..........Received @ VSC

Aug 09.......... Packet sent back b'cos of poor written check

Aug 11...........Resent packet to VSC

Aug 12...........Package deliverd and signed for by P. Novak

Aug 14...........NOA1

Aug 18...........Check cashed...(Pheeeeew)

Aug 19...........Touched!

Aug 20...........NOA1 Hard copy

Dec 01...........Touched (due to my change of address)

JAN 06 2009...NOA2 ( case approved ) wooohhhhhhoooooo!!!!!!!

JAN 07 2009...Touched!

JAN 08 2009...NVC Recieved Case( we got our case number)

JAN 10 2009...NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved

JAN 12 2009...NVC Forwarded case to NIgeria(confirmed over the phone)

JAN 14 2009...NVC Hardcopy mail recieved

JAN 26 2009...Fiancee received Packets 3 & 4

JAN 28 2009...Started Police Report

JAN 29 2009...Started Medical Exams

MAR 01 2009...I will be flying to Nigeria to be with my Angel at interview

MAR 04 2009...Interview.(WE ARE NOT WORRIED BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL.....YAY)

MAR 28 2009...Returning to the USA with wife-to-be.

MAR 29 2009...POE (IAH) Intercontinental Airport Houston (2nd day arrival )

APR 10 2009....Our Glorious Wedding (Good Friday, How cool uh?)

When he says yes, nobody says no, believe in him my Lord is able..............

10760.gif

11563.gif

:angry::angry: I am going to pass the 6 months of processing time. :( THIS SUCKS!!!!!! :crying::crying: I want my NOA2.

That's a little early to call, you are just approaching 5 months now, no?

keep your head up!

Its hard to understand what's going on, when NOA2 from september, late august and just days around your day are being processed, but not mine. Its almost like they skipped over my application. I am frustrated with our immigration system. I don't like how certain people get to decide whether someone can be with their love one. They do not know about the emotions and feelings that are involved in this process. I don't know how i would like to have the system set up if i had the choice to change it, but i would try to make the process go faster and more personalized. Everyone has a "Pursuit of Happiness", and mine is to be with my fiancee and future wife. I guess i am just blah blah with my frustrations. :wacko:

Very well said and absolutely true, unfortunately :(

Just like in the movie the pursuing of happiness good things will happen with much work and patience....

Good luck

Dani I have worked out why we are still waiting for our NOA2's.......

We aren't gold members yet :o Quick get posting!!!!!

Oh darn you already are..... hmmm what else could it be???

LOL you're silly :) i'm indeed a gold member already :) how many days are yours since your send your petition?

Happy Dancer join our "waiting" club where did you go, we lost you again :)

I wonder how is Donna? anyone know something?

Damn straight Im silly, its what keeps me sane!

We three sisters should probably consider inviting Marm too, i see she is still waiting for her NOA2.....

I havent seen or heard from Donna since she got her NOA2.... I hope her Ex isnt giving her too much trouble.

BeTogetherSoon - Grats on your approval.

I didnt know Marm is a girl :) but she's welcome as everyone else :)

Yes, I am a girl:). Where is this waiting club that you have so graciously invited me to? Let me know! :star:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

MARM is days from a NOA2... USCIS sent a mail stating they received the petition and are resuming processing... so unless another RFE shows up they should be good to go... and *sigh*... I always think of MARM as a girl too... pesky interwebz make it hard to tell some times....

I hope you are right! I got a touch today so hopefully that means I get my NOA2 tomorrow...or it could be the day after...

and yes I am a girl :star:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
:angry::angry: I am going to pass the 6 months of processing time. :( THIS SUCKS!!!!!! :crying::crying: I want my NOA2.

That's a little early to call, you are just approaching 5 months now, no?

keep your head up!

Its hard to understand what's going on, when NOA2 from september, late august and just days around your day are being processed, but not mine. Its almost like they skipped over my application. I am frustrated with our immigration system. I don't like how certain people get to decide whether someone can be with their love one. They do not know about the emotions and feelings that are involved in this process. I don't know how i would like to have the system set up if i had the choice to change it, but i would try to make the process go faster and more personalized. Everyone has a "Pursuit of Happiness", and mine is to be with my fiancee and future wife. I guess i am just blah blah with my frustrations. :wacko:

Very well said and absolutely true, unfortunately :(

Just like in the movie the pursuing of happiness good things will happen with much work and patience....

Good luck

Dani I have worked out why we are still waiting for our NOA2's.......

We aren't gold members yet :o Quick get posting!!!!!

Oh darn you already are..... hmmm what else could it be???

LOL you're silly :) i'm indeed a gold member already :) how many days are yours since your send your petition?

Happy Dancer join our "waiting" club where did you go, we lost you again :)

I wonder how is Donna? anyone know something?

Damn straight Im silly, its what keeps me sane!

We three sisters should probably consider inviting Marm too, i see she is still waiting for her NOA2.....

I havent seen or heard from Donna since she got her NOA2.... I hope her Ex isnt giving her too much trouble.

BeTogetherSoon - Grats on your approval.

I didnt know Marm is a girl :) but she's welcome as everyone else :)

Yes, I am a girl:). Where is this waiting club that you have so graciously invited me to? Let me know! :star:

We are all busy hula dancing towards USICS for our NOA2's

Come with your grass skirt :)

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline

For those who suddenly have a NOA2 and don't know what the heck to do next... I'm with you there, I didn't really know either... after you get the NOA2.. the next step is WAIT SOME MORE!!! Seriously, that's it. There is a difference though in that you can call NVC and they will give you useful information (ie if they have received your petition, if it's been approved, and when they sent it on to the embassy). Calling NVC is not a big deal, they are friendly, and if they have your petition can give you your new case number. I'd say it takes about 1 week for your petition to go from USCIS to NVC, after it gets there they'll send a notice stating they received it and will do something with it soon... by the time you receive that mail they likely have already sent it out. I don't see much point in calling NVC earlier than a week, especially if you can't do anything with that new case number anyway, in a few cases maybe you can get an interview setup from that point but that depends on the embassy itself, and I think typically you can't... and since you'll likely have the NVC letter with your new case number before the embassy has your file, no need to call NVC. I'd say call them if you think it's been too long... I'd say if you haven't heard from them in two weeks call them. After NVC it's different per each embassy, so check the regional forums for more information. For those dealing with the philippines your MNL case number is enough to schedule an interview but you have to wait probably a week after the embassy gets your petition before you can actually set up the interview... I don't know for sure... I'm waiting to do that step (and I was going to try again 4 days after they got it along with a probably big back log of other cases from the holidays) but I have to wait until I find out from my boss I'm good to go on vacation at some not really specific date (that is likely to be about 3 weeks away).

Timeline
Guys,

I got a quick question, in prep for the noa2 that i have been patiently waiting for. Can my so start filling out the ds-230 and ds-156 just to have a head start ?

Yes, and DS-156(K) too. but check your embassy, some use electronic filing and it doesnt let you send save the data. For Example, Tokyo Embassy has on-line DS-230.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I just wanted to say congrats to Mike for finally getting your NOA2! It's about time. =D

K-1 Visa

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical

3-23-2009 - Interview, 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

AOS

7-03-2009 - mailed AOS

7-10-2009 - Check Cashed, - NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

7-22-2009 - transferred to CSC (rcvd notice in mail 7/27)

8-11-2009 - Biometrics appt scheduled (rcvd in mail on 7/18)

8-25-2009 - I-765 & I-131 approved

12-03-2009 - GC approval email

12-10-2009 - GC rcvd in mail!

ROC

10-12-2011 - mailed ROC

10-14-2011 - NOA1

11-07-2011 - Bio Appt

02-27-2012 - GC approval email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.