August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
:clock:

ditto.

Our Wedding Pics

There is always some madness in love.

But there is also always some reason in madness.

Nietzsche

12.Jan.2007..... Met in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua.

07.May.2007.... Started dating.

02.Sep.2007..... Engaged!

K-1

06.Aug.2008..... K-1 app sent to California Service Center.

11.Aug.2008..... NOA1 recieved.

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

13.Feb.2009.......Interview passed!!!

20.Feb.2009.......Received visa.

21.Feb.2009.......POE, Houston

AOS

12.May.2009......Filed AOS.

21.May.2009......NOA1

04.Jun.2009.......Biometrics

18.Jun.2009.......EAD card production ordered

26.Jun.2009.......EAD card received

06.Aug.2009......AOS interview (st. louis) Card production ordered

06.Sep.2009......Wedding Ceremony and Celebration

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This thread is hoppin today, it's like old times... minus fred... and well... many of us have NOA2's now... and a lot of us got to visit (or maybe still are visitting) their fiance(e)s...

I just tried to talk to the boss about setting my vacation time even though I don't have a date, I just wanna get the OK since I am planning to make attempt two at setting an interview date tonight... failure!!!... but only in that he was busy working with one of our satellite offices and will call back after lunch... if things go smoothly today this will be a bigger day than the day I actually got the NOA2 (if I can schedule the interview tonight I'll have plane tickets bought tomorrow and can start counting the days until I'm back with my woman, on a permanent basis!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
This thread is hoppin today, it's like old times... minus fred... and well... many of us have NOA2's now... and a lot of us got to visit (or maybe still are visitting) their fiance(e)s...

I just tried to talk to the boss about setting my vacation time even though I don't have a date, I just wanna get the OK since I am planning to make attempt two at setting an interview date tonight... failure!!!... but only in that he was busy working with one of our satellite offices and will call back after lunch... if things go smoothly today this will be a bigger day than the day I actually got the NOA2 (if I can schedule the interview tonight I'll have plane tickets bought tomorrow and can start counting the days until I'm back with my woman, on a permanent basis!).

Wishing you much luck for getting days off from work!!! :thumbs:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

I think I'm going to make some calls too. I'm going to call USCIS today again.... and be firm, almost yelling, like helloworld ;)

does anyone else get extremely nervous before calling? my stomach is in my throat... :o:

Edited by Yader&Sarah

Our Wedding Pics

Nietzsche

K-1

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

AOS

21.May.2009......NOA1

Timeline
I think I'm going to make some calls too. I'm going to call USCIS today again.... and be firm, almost yelling, like helloworld ;)

does anyone else get extremely nervous before calling? my stomach is in my throat... :o:

don't be nervous, sometimes they need some yelling to be jump started.... Just think, "this is for the NOA2!!" and you will not be nernous anymore, these are just normal customer service people, nothing special... Good Luck!!

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

will it really help? what are you saying when you call? to check your case status or what? :blink:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline

don't be nervous, sometimes they need some yelling to be jump started.... Just think, "this is for the NOA2!!" and you will not be nernous anymore, these are just normal customer service people, nothing special... Good Luck!!

:crying::crying:

I am not firm enough!!

he told me since they are working on march, it could be another 4-5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said, I was under the impression it was 4-6 months for normal processing,

no, he said. that's what I saying, it could be another 4-5 months and that would still be normal processing.

I'm officially filing my membership for the 'I hate USCIS' club, I should have approval in about 9-12 months...

Our Wedding Pics

Nietzsche

K-1

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

AOS

21.May.2009......NOA1

Timeline

:crying::crying:

I am not firm enough!!

he told me since they are working on march, it could be another 4-5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said, I was under the impression it was 4-6 months for normal processing,

no, he said. that's what I saying, it could be another 4-5 months and that would still be normal processing.

I'm officially filing my membership for the 'I hate USCIS' club, I should have approval in about 9-12 months...

you have to ask to speak to a supervisor, it is obvious that the customer service rep is reading off of a paper.. call back and request to speak to a supervisor right away... when i called the first time they told me they were working on march also...

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think yelling or being rude in any way will help with USCIS, it may stand out more if you aren't honestly...

As far as processing times... CSC is supposedly 6 months... and most are getting NOA2's in the 4-5 month period... I think you might have gotten something of a canned answer if they said it could that much longer... maybe they somehow didn't realize you had already filed in august... hard to say with a call center, since there is any range of morons working there (or just simply people with no real information who answer the same repetitive questions all day long and basically don't care, their job sucks and they get through it by turning into zombies until their shift is done). They also have good competant people working there too... but that's just to give you false hope of talking to the competant person... it's really just another way they use to torture you...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

i asked for the supervisor but he told me the same thing. I am getting tired of them telling me the same ####### all over again. I have eyes and i can read that from the computer but i was expecting something more in return.

Timeline

like maliciant sais before, i was probably just overdue, the supervisor will be able to let you know if you have and RFE or any issues but if you can get a hold of level 2 guy, he will have more information, when i was talking to him he told me someone is working on my petition, i was kinda confused at that point... then we finished talking and that night i got an email for approval... don't be rude, just be firm!!

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
like maliciant sais before, i was probably just overdue, the supervisor will be able to let you know if you have and RFE or any issues but if you can get a hold of level 2 guy, he will have more information, when i was talking to him he told me someone is working on my petition, i was kinda confused at that point... then we finished talking and that night i got an email for approval... don't be rude, just be firm!!

We have the same timeline and when i talked to level two guy today he found it to be normal. He told me its withing time limit. I asked if he can transfer me somewhere and say he couldn't. I even explain to him how came some people got approved and he said it depends on the case. Which all of us have the same case. Do they keep truck of the people when we call them??

Timeline

We have the same timeline and when i talked to level two guy today he found it to be normal. He told me its withing time limit. I asked if he can transfer me somewhere and say he couldn't. I even explain to him how came some people got approved and he said it depends on the case. Which all of us have the same case. Do they keep truck of the people when we call them??

somehow level 2 guy knew that someone was working on my petition, or he was just Bsing and guessed right...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.