MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
The few that filed the same day as us (14/08/08) at VSC should get something very soon.

We got our NOA2!!!!! :D

I'm waiting (not so) patiently here!

It wouldn't be so bad if they came in order but to see these September and later cases flying through is pure faggotry! Oh well, I need to rake up some more cash before going.

I have no idea how much a small wedding in the middle of a Medieval style town will cost. I'm realizing we'll have a new president on my birthday...so that'll be nice to see what he does different. No one in the universe can predict what a prez promises versus what he does. I have a strong feeling his decisions will be good for the import-a-spouse program (most second generation immigrants have more of a human side). Guessing and humming and hawing won't get NOA2 here any faster! I was hoping for this shortened week but nope! Doesn't look like VSC is moving much.

I wanna see 8-9every day that they're certainly capable of. Every time I check, I see 8/14 staring at me. Problem is I filed 3 weeks before 6/03 but the Siam Legal screwed it up. I didn't know about this website at the time but now that I know what I know, I can help my friend (doubt he's marryable though) get his paperwork done (if she tolerates him).

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
The few that filed the same day as us (14/08/08) at VSC should get something very soon.

Forgot to say...CONGRATULATIONS! I'm really hoping our files were in the same box! (hope, hope, hope).

THis is the same thing that happened to June and July...as the time got closer and people started going NUTS, the approvals came in and the group got smaller and smaller 'till you don't see them posting much now.

I'm just glad I'm not March! If they're working on March (stinky liars), the poor March people must be dyin'

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Hi, I posted in the July forum also. We just got approved on 12-29. We filed July 22 (received 24th) and have an NOA1 date of Aug. 7. So I've never been sure if we were July or Aug. filers. Anyway, we never got a touch at all until 12-29. The message is still the same on the website ("Case received and pending"), but my attorney called yesterday to tell me they had received the NOA2. We were 86 on Igor's List and we were approved within the VJ Timeline estimate. Hope this is helpful. This is a really frustrating process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hi, I posted in the July forum also. We just got approved on 12-29. We filed July 22 (received 24th) and have an NOA1 date of Aug. 7. So I've never been sure if we were July or Aug. filers. Anyway, we never got a touch at all until 12-29. The message is still the same on the website ("Case received and pending"), but my attorney called yesterday to tell me they had received the NOA2. We were 86 on Igor's List and we were approved within the VJ Timeline estimate. Hope this is helpful. This is a really frustrating process.

Congratulations and good luck further in your journey :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:dance: Congrats!! And thanks for posting how you got notified of your NOA2 it helps to know how people are finding out since every case seems to be a little different. Best wishes :star:

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Gemmie!!!!!! thats awesome!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I am so HAPPY for you!! this is all august filers Happy new year 2009!!! We will all get our NOA2s really soon:)

Keep positives all you guys! (L)

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm waiting (not so) patiently here!

It wouldn't be so bad if they came in order but to see these September and later cases flying through is pure faggotry! Oh well, I need to rake up some more cash before going.

I have no idea how much a small wedding in the middle of a Medieval style town will cost. I'm realizing we'll have a new president on my birthday...so that'll be nice to see what he does different. No one in the universe can predict what a prez promises versus what he does. I have a strong feeling his decisions will be good for the import-a-spouse program (most second generation immigrants have more of a human side). Guessing and humming and hawing won't get NOA2 here any faster! I was hoping for this shortened week but nope! Doesn't look like VSC is moving much.

I wanna see 8-9every day that they're certainly capable of. Every time I check, I see 8/14 staring at me. Problem is I filed 3 weeks before 6/03 but the Siam Legal screwed it up. I didn't know about this website at the time but now that I know what I know, I can help my friend (doubt he's marryable though) get his paperwork done (if she tolerates him).

Congratulations for ur NOA2. i'm new to this site , I received my NOA1 on August 2o, 2008 and it feels really great to know that some August Filers are getting NOA2. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS.

K1 TIME LINE

AUGUST 18TH 2008---------FORMS SENT TO VSC

AUGUST 20TH 2008----------NOTICE ONLINE FOR NOA1

JANUARY 28TH 2009---------FIRST TOUCH

JANUARY 29TH 2009---------RFE( INITIAL EVIDENCE)

FEBRUARY 5TH 2009---------SENT REQUESTED DOCUMENTS

FEBRUARY 9TH 2009---------REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE RECEIVED AT VSC

MARCH 17TH 2009-----------APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOA2 (Thank you God)

MARCH 19TH 2009-----------NVC RECEIVED PETITION

MARCH 20TH 2009-----------NVC SENT PETITION TO GHANA EMBASSY

JUNE 10TH 2009--------------PACKETS 3 AND 4 RECEIVED

OCTOBER 8TH 2009----------INTERVIEW DATE

OCTOBER 27TH 2009...........REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE (evidence from b4 I moved to U.S)

NOVEMBER 30TH 2009.........REQUEST FOR A LETTER( want me to explain why i used my sis' address

where i was staying temporary)

JANUARY 11TH 2010............ SUBMIT DOCUMENTS

FEBRUARY 12TH 2010............VISA APPROVED

FEBRUARY 19TH 2010............VISA RECEIVED

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS IN CONTROL, NOT HUMAN. THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION. HE NEVER FAILS HIS CHILDREN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm running out of things/activities to distract myself. I've already changed cities, got a new job, checked USCIS, explored a new city, applied for grad school, checked USCIS, made some new friends, got second job, checked USCIS, went to visit old friends, ran a 5k, went to the zoo, checked USCIS, took up crotcheting, got a cat, went hiking, checked USCIS, read 15 million books, bought a wedding dress, found a wedding venue, checked USCIS, booked a ceremony venue, decorated my apartment, went Christmas shopping, spent time with family, sent mail to Nicaragua, checked USCIS, and took a walk.

Congrats on the 5k... sounds like you been busy today, what you going to do tomorrow... :P

Congrats MARM, you are just days away from your NOA2 now I'm sure.

And congrats Gemmie, I had checked igor's hoping for the customary huge friday update and well... 1 approval at each service center... that's like a huge update this week (it's still early, maybe a few more will show up!).

Hopefully next week both service centers will put some effort into cranking out some NOA2's, cause it's kind of weird posting in the august thread about the post NOA2 stuff when so many are still waiting on that fist huge step.

Hi malicant!

I just have question regrarding NVC process, we just receive our letter from NVC that they send our package in manila,can i call the USEM for interview a head of time, even i dont have the letter from them?

thank you

mady_dam

Timeline
I just have question regrarding NVC process, we just receive our letter from NVC that they send our package in manila,can i call the USEM for interview a head of time, even i dont have the letter from them?

According to other members yes you can, but you may have to wait until they receive the physical file and "encode" it... so basically considering how long a vacation the embassy has had, the file is probably ready to be delivered but they probably won't have it encoded yet, you apparently only need to know the MNL number to schedule the interview but they may not be ready yet on their end. I'd say go ahead and try to schedule it though. Keep in mind that the embassy works on manila time so call them when they'll be open. I plan to give it a shot about 1 am sunday. Just for the record though, I have not actually even tried to schedule the interview yet, this is just information I've probably read elsewhere on the site and the original people may have been wrong or lucky, who knows.

Helloworld08: I predict you get a NOA2 this week... based on... well, they gotta do it sometime!

Timeline
I'm running out of things/activities to distract myself. I've already changed cities, got a new job, checked USCIS, explored a new city, applied for grad school, checked USCIS, made some new friends, got second job, checked USCIS, went to visit old friends, ran a 5k, went to the zoo, checked USCIS, took up crotcheting, got a cat, went hiking, checked USCIS, read 15 million books, bought a wedding dress, found a wedding venue, checked USCIS, booked a ceremony venue, decorated my apartment, went Christmas shopping, spent time with family, sent mail to Nicaragua, checked USCIS, and took a walk.

Congrats on the 5k... sounds like you been busy today, what you going to do tomorrow... :P

Congrats MARM, you are just days away from your NOA2 now I'm sure.

And congrats Gemmie, I had checked igor's hoping for the customary huge friday update and well... 1 approval at each service center... that's like a huge update this week (it's still early, maybe a few more will show up!).

Hopefully next week both service centers will put some effort into cranking out some NOA2's, cause it's kind of weird posting in the august thread about the post NOA2 stuff when so many are still waiting on that fist huge step.

Hi malicant!

thank you

mady_dam

hi there!

u can try, but did u make it sure at the NVC that ur case has really been forwarded or stucked up to them for some administrative review just like other early filers? I would want to call the embassy tomorow for an interview appoinment beens i got all the letters from the NVC saying that our case has been forwarded at the embassy two weeks now, but also, i dont want to waste bucks just by calling embassy again and again to see if our case was receieved by them or not.

pls post here or send me pm if u tried to call the embassy right away.

thank u,

jazz

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am back from hibernation!!! Woooohooo!!! Congrats to Gemma and Bill! Who else? Dang it! Where's my NOA2?

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I am back from hibernation!!! Woooohooo!!! Congrats to Gemma and Bill! Who else? Dang it! Where's my NOA2?

Welcome back sis we missed you much, is your love gone? you had nice holidays? i'm still waiting for news too for my noa2 :wacko:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Dani! Missed you too, so much! My man is heading home as of this writing. He said, he'll call me when he gets to Detroit at 130pm EST Jan4. Oh well, here I am again. Back to the lonely times of counting days as to when the NOA2 is coming. The best Holidays ever sis. I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. Being with him is my addiction. Whew! And yes, crying moment at the airport when it was time for him to leave. I just absolutely adore him. God has blessed me with a wonderful man. Will send pics to your email, but I would have to resize it.

Gifts received for Xmas - just wanna share:

Canon EOS 450D with lenses and some other useful gadgets. Love it!

Zune MP3 120GB and some gadgets along with it.

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Body and Scents Pamper Collection... oooh!

An engagement ring! Pretty pretty!

And so much more! Mom told my man he was spoiling me too much, I might get used to it.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.