MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You call them up, the number is on the NOA2 hard copy (it's 603-340-0700), then you push 1 for english and 5 for talk to an operator. Tell the operator your WAC or EAC number, name and bday of fiance, your name and bday, and they can give you the case number and tell you when they sent (or will send) the petition out, this date is important because you can use it to track if the package has been received by the embassy or not... but you'll have to look around for how to do that, I don't know (and mines not actually shipped yet so it won't be possible to look... it's a DHL tracking number thing I guess).

As king... I insist on more NOA2's... sitting at 1 CSC and 4 VSC... I need to see some action! (as a side note I think I have to wait a week to even try to schedule the interview because of the goofy holiday deal with the manila embassy... it's only a week but it's still so much torture, everything is pretty much on hold due to the holidays... way more so than in the US).

Edited by maliciant

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
Nothing big something simply enough for a party of about 50 not more than 100 for sure. The wedding date is tentative and we sure hope we get approved by April...think that's likely?

It better be! That would be ridiculous otherwise - 9 months!

We are planning ours for Sept 09. At first I thought that was PLENTY of time. Now, I'm starting to get nervous. I'm sure it's a premature nervous though. I will officially be nervous if Feb arrives with no word of an NOA2. That will be 6 months and my official 'freak out' time line.

Malicant, I'm glad you got some answers. How long does it typically take to schedule an interview in the phillipines?

Ours was originally going to be July '09, but then we decided to have it in the FLorida Keys so that his family could make a tropical vacation out of it, and then July seemed too hot. Also flights from Europe anywhere in July are very expensive because they all have off of work. So November it is!

You will definitely be fine with September! Even if it went into February (which I hope it does not!), you'd still be fine I think. I would say April would be a time to really start freaking.... It won't be that long though, (I HOPE!!!!)

Our Timeline

09/15/07 - Met on vacation in Indonesia (where he was working)

12/07-07/08 - Various trips to meet between NJ, Belgium, Holland, the Carribbean, and Latin America

07/31/08 - Engaged

08/15/08 - I-129F sent

08/19/08 - Case recieved by VSC

1/28/09 - NOA2 APPROVED! Finally!

3/31/09 - Interview at Belgian Embassy

4/02/09 - Visa Issued

4/03/09 - Entered US

4/09/09 - *** MARRIED ***

4/28/09 - Mailed in AOS, AP, and EAD applications

5/07/09 - NOA1 for AOS, AP, and EAD

5/28/09 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

anyone know what are the working hours and days for VSC??? this week

2005- Introduced thru relatives

2006-2008- Talked on the phone and emails

2008 June 1- Went to Tashkent to meet her. Stayed in Tashkent from June 1 to July 27 2008.

2008 June 12- Engaged at the most beautiful park in Tashkent

2008 August 15 - Received NOA1 from Vermont Center

2008 August 16 - Went back to Tashkent to stay with my fiancee. I stayed with her from August 18th to November 23. The best 4 months of my life.

2008 November -25 Came back to States. I miss my sweetheart.

2009 February 4- Touched

2009 Februrary 5- NOA2 HORAAAAYYyy Thank you GOD

2009 February 12- NVC received NOA2 from VCS

2009 Ferruary 13- NVC sent the package to U.S. Embassy in Tashkent

2009 March 3- She received her Packet 3////// Her interview is on April 2

2009 March 4- I received visa to Tashkent

anyone know what are the working hours and days for VSC??? this week

Check USCIS site

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
You call them up, the number is on the NOA2 hard copy (it's 603-340-0700), then you push 1 for english and 5 for talk to an operator. Tell the operator your WAC or EAC number, name and bday of fiance, your name and bday, and they can give you the case number and tell you when they sent (or will send) the petition out, this date is important because you can use it to track if the package has been received by the embassy or not... but you'll have to look around for how to do that, I don't know (and mines not actually shipped yet so it won't be possible to look... it's a DHL tracking number thing I guess).

Are you sure this is how it works? NVC has our case, we received an email (and then an actual letter in mail, too) from them, too, saying they have it and that it'll be shipped to the Embassy in Zagreb within a week, too. The same email contained our (new) case number. This was, if I recall correctly without checking my timeline, on Dec 18th.

Yesterday my fiance received an email from NVC, in response to his question about our case status and it mentioned administrative processing. I then called the NVC on the phone, too, and - regardless of the letter containing case number (which is a correct one, as I used it to get the information on the phone), as well as that 'we'll send your stuff' announcement, our case is still sitting at NVC and will do so until they decide to ship it over. According to the woman I talked to, this is a part of their standard procedure - some cases leave NVC in just a few days, but anything up to three weeks (or longer) is perfectly normal. Right now, again, according to her, there might be some holiday-related delay, too. Once the files LEAVE NVC, you receive another email/letter.

Long story short - what I am saying here is that the first letter (or even a set of them) from NVC doesn't mean a thing.

Edited by Badgerella

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

It's how it does work... for those not stuck in AP anyway. This part of the whole process is really more confusing because it's different for each embassy so the documentation is less clear.

I'm very dissappointed with the NOA2's so far from CSC and VSC this week, next week the holidays are over so it will hopefully pick up but I had really hoped to see 15+ august approvals (especially from VSC) this week. That could still happen but I don't have much faith in it now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I'm very dissappointed with the NOA2's so far from CSC and VSC this week, next week the holidays are over so it will hopefully pick up but I had really hoped to see 15+ august approvals (especially from VSC) this week. That could still happen but I don't have much faith in it now.

:crying:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Thank you so much for the respond maliciant...I already emailed the NVC, and my fiancee will try to call the NVC on MOnday...

For those all august filers who already received their NOA2, I think this is the time we should talk about the process in NVC, ( I hope it doesn't take that long???) ... :whistle: We are so eager to know our new assign case number so We could start the USEM process soon... :rolleyes:

Edited by chox

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ TIME LINE ¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 10/20/07 - Met Online

~ 11/12/07 - First Met in Person

~ 12/14/07 - Second time he visited me and met my family

~ 03/27/08 - Third time he visited me and celebrated his bday

~ 07/06/08 - Fourth time he visited me and celebrated my bday

~ 08/22/08 - Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS

~ 08/25/08 - Received NOA1

~ 08/27/08 - First TOUCHED!

~ 09/21/08 - Fifth time he visited me

~ 09/23/08 - We went to Thailand

~ 11/19/08 - 6th time he visited me

~ 11/22/08 - We went to Hongkong

~ 11/24/08 - We went to Macau

~ 11/26/08 - Flight back to his home (its killing me, don't want to be apart from him)

~ 12/17/08 - TOUCHED AGAIN!!.. alright!!!..

~ 12/18/08 - OMG! another touch!!! yehey!!

~ 12/18/08 - We got our NOA2!!! yahoo!!!! (117 days...)

~ 12/19/08 - Left for NVC

~ 12/27/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

~ 12/31/08 - Left for USEM

~ 01/27/09 - 1st phase Medical Exam at SLEC

~ 01/28/09 - seminar at PRISM

~ 01/29/09 - 2nd phase Medical Exam at SLEC (PASSED!!!)

~ 02/10/09 - USEM interview (APPROVED!!!)

~ 02/12/09 - AIR21 txt for VISA delivery (YES!)

~ 02/13/09 - VISA delivered/Visa on hand..

~ 03/14/09 - Despedida Party!!!

~ 03/20/09 - Arrived in Guam

~ 04/02/09 - Married!, MC on hand, applied for SSN, informed Phil. consulate...

~ 05/28/09 - 1month pregnant

~ 07/14/09 - send packet application for AOS, EAD and AP.

~ 07/19/09 - Packet delivered

~ 07/23/09 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP.

~ 07/24/09 - TOUCHED!

~ 07/28/09 - TOUCHED!

~ 08/11/09 - TOUCHED!

~ 08/17/09 - Biometrics

~ 08/18/09 - AOS & EAD touched!

Timeline

Which march date? Do you mean the VSC processing time? If that's what you mean they are officially working on petitions from people who sent their petition in during march, but the reality is that's the oldest petitions they are working on (and even there there are usually a few people stuck in some form of security check that may be waiting from a year or more before that). I think many of us will actually be married by next march, though that depends a lot on getting the NOA2 soon and the embassy that is handling the interview. I'm sure that by the end of january all but maybe a few august filers will have their NOA2, and should also know their interiew dates as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

We have welcome new year in bulgaria already, your guys in usa are still in 2008 :) one year ahead of you :)

I was with my family and Chris called me before midnite to be the first one to wish me Happy New year :)

How did you spend it? for those who had it already....HW i saw in China was very beautiful :)

Have a nice day all

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
It's how it does work... for those not stuck in AP anyway. This part of the whole process is really more confusing because it's different for each embassy so the documentation is less clear.

That's exactly what I meant - it works for everyone like that.. in theory. I mean, from what we've learned so far - it's the same. We have the case number, according to them, the file is about to be shipped, they just don't know if it'll be 'tomorrow', or in 'three weeks'. So it's the same for everyone, except that some get stuck longer than the others. Some have AP mentioned, some don't. Etc.

Really unclear part of the procedure, where you can't really figure out anything at all. Let alone be sure that what you DO know actually IS what is going on!

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.