MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I guess everyone else is as fed up with all this waiting as me. I had to drop off the love of my life this morning at the airport to go back to the UK and no NOA2 for us to at least look forward to. I have been having to do this for over 4 years now and it hurts like nothing I can describe each time I have to let him go. I know everyone on here knows what I am talking about. Sure the general population has no idea what I mean or what we all deal with and of course no one understands my frustration but I read everyone's posts and I know we are all sick of it. Really, really sick of waiting and being told stupid excuses. For example, I called the VSC just to ask them what happened to my original NOA1 notice and they told me "it was probably lost due to an address change." Okay, address change, this change that I never put in, with the address that is the same as the one I have had for 4 years now. Sounds like excuses for people not doing their job. I know that sounds harsh but what is going on at that place? I am expressing the venting frustration that all of us feel for waiting without answers and missing our loved ones. I will be mad for everyone who does not have their NOA2 and has been waiting for months and months and months. :angry:

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
We talked with Chris how much we dont want our timeline to change, its showing 2nd of january now, if we pass it we dont know how long we'll wait after and i really dont want to go up on igors cause then we'll be moved "down on it" :cry: we wanted our timeline to change before now seems like we dont....oh well, i'm surprised there were no approvals yesterday..at least one? just a RFE for Marm, sorry for you friend, must be really tough on you now, they give you hopes and then nothing....lets hope soon

Everything will be fine! I think our timeline is almost the same

i've already sent a letter to senator Barbara Boxer, not sure if this will do anything...

We're on the same timeline. I sent mine on the 3rd...letters to senators already in the mail! If you read what the former UCIS worker said, it does work. At least you'll get a touch! My letter was more focused "I think they lost it" because it's been sitting there for months, people who filed a month after me are approved and their timeline states they're working on MARCH. I also said we're funding plenty of PORK so it's reasonable to the people to request necessary services be available...and by the way, we have the slowest timeline of the developed countries! UK and other countries ate 60 days and such and these UCIS idiots are telling me to feel OK with waiting a YEAR before I worry? Sorry, I pay too many taxes...stop the pork, fund UCIS and necessary citizen support, then do your damn pork projects!

Of course my letter was kind and professional but I pointed out VJ's statistics (they're NOT working on March as stated) and UCIS purposefully misleading the public and lack of transparency....given it takes 15 minutes to complete a K-1 application, they need to be staffed or they need to be more efficient/accountable but a file sitting "just because" is unacceptable! We're not a poor country! Get some damn workers in there so files aren't sitting for 6 months only because of lack of a few staff? And we're playing around blowing billions exploring space (what a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY) What in the hell are we doing on Mars? What about our own COUNTRY! Sometimes I really dislike my own country for sheer idiocy!

3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 months are unacceptable! Were a rich country who can afford to kill millions of people, why not help its own citizens for once? Geez don't get me going!

Is there anyway you can send me a copy of the mail that you send to the senator because i want to do the same but i'm not sure what to include in there. Thank you and i really do appreciate it. Thanks to anybody alse who can help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
We talked with Chris how much we dont want our timeline to change, its showing 2nd of january now, if we pass it we dont know how long we'll wait after and i really dont want to go up on igors cause then we'll be moved "down on it" :cry: we wanted our timeline to change before now seems like we dont....oh well, i'm surprised there were no approvals yesterday..at least one? just a RFE for Marm, sorry for you friend, must be really tough on you now, they give you hopes and then nothing....lets hope soon

i've already sent a letter to senator Barbara Boxer, not sure if this will do anything...

We're on the same time line. I sent mine on the 3rd...letters to senators already in the mail! If you read what the former UCIS worker said, it does work. At least you'll get a touch! My letter was more focused "I think they lost it" because it's been sitting there for months, people who filed a month after me are approved and their timeline states they're working on MARCH. I also said we're funding plenty of PORK so it's reasonable to the people to request necessary services be available...and by the way, we have the slowest timeline of the developed countries! UK and other countries ate 60 days and such and these UCIS idiots are telling me to feel OK with waiting a YEAR before I worry? Sorry, I pay too many taxes...stop the pork, fund UCIS and necessary citizen support, then do your damn pork projects!

Of course my letter was kind and professional but I pointed out VJ's statistics (they're NOT working on March as stated) and UCIS purposefully misleading the public and lack of transparency....given it takes 15 minutes to complete a K-1 application, they need to be staffed or they need to be more efficient/accountable but a file sitting "just because" is unacceptable! We're not a poor country! Get some damn workers in there so files aren't sitting for 6 months only because of lack of a few staff? And we're playing around blowing billions exploring space (what a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY) What in the hell are we doing on Mars? What about our own COUNTRY! Sometimes I really dislike my own country for sheer idiocy!

3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 months are unacceptable! Were a rich country who can afford to kill millions of people, why not help its own citizens for once? Geez don't get me going!

Agreed :thumbs: so how long long does it take a letter to get from Los Angeles to San Francisco with regular snail mail? i want to know before calling them :blink:

I'm a fan of USPS (I mail about 100 packages a month-the only service who has never lost a package versus the others lose enough to figure into a loss percentage)!

I'd say it takes 1 day; 2 at the very most. I can snail mail coast to coast in 3 days. In my area (Baltimore to Washington DC about an hour away takes 1 day, 2 is the outside limit).

I'd think something will happen. After reading manipulation of government (involving them) from the former UCIS employee post- that it actually works, I decided I'm doing that! ...which I don't care if it's necessary or not based on my time line. All it took was one September NOA2 approval (and their claiming they're working on March 08 file BS) for me to decide to send a letter to 2 congressmen. If one replies, or both, at least something will be "touched"!

From what I understand, it doesn't prejudice the case, either. If I have an RFE, let's get it rolling now...if not, let's hear it! Calling UCIS was terrible; like talking to a robot. They have no transparency and saying they're working on MARCH (only to make us go away) doesn't cut it, either.

I'm just glad we have the ability to pressure elected crooks I mean "officials". I even signed it my name (your loyal supporter) and her name (your soon-to-be loyal supporter) letting them know they will get votes from us next election so they can continue their irresponsible above-the-law behavior most elected officials exhibit!

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline

We're on the same timeline. I sent mine on the 3rd...letters to senators already in the mail! If you read what the former UCIS worker said, it does work. At least you'll get a touch! My letter was more focused "I think they lost it" because it's been sitting there for months, people who filed a month after me are approved and their timeline states they're working on MARCH. I also said we're funding plenty of PORK so it's reasonable to the people to request necessary services be available...and by the way, we have the slowest timeline of the developed countries! UK and other countries ate 60 days and such and these UCIS idiots are telling me to feel OK with waiting a YEAR before I worry? Sorry, I pay too many taxes...stop the pork, fund UCIS and necessary citizen support, then do your damn pork projects!

Is there anyway you can send me a copy of the mail that you send to the senator because i want to do the same but i'm not sure what to include in there. Thank you and i really do appreciate it. Thanks to anybody alse who can help.

Lots of this will soudn like rambling because I havne't revised it..just hammering out a response now but it has enough (minus the repitition) to do the job....revise, add, subtract to meet your needs........

Just pull it out of your hiney! I said something like To the Honorable crooked Senator Ilovelittleboysinmyofficeafterhours: (on top I put RE: or case number and names)

...I sent an application for a K-1 fiancee visa xxxdate and I am concerned my file has been lost. Since acknowledgment of receipt a few days later (they're required to scan each time the file is opened).

I noticed in xxx months, my file has never been opened since receipt I fear it has been misplaced/lost! I called UCIS and they were not able to help me claiming they are working on March 2008 files currently (which is inaccurate and misleading).

Given the fact that it only takes 15 minutes to adjudicate an average K-1 application this is unacceptable (former UCIS employees are also visajourney.com members-a website where members track statistics, progress/productivity revealing the March 2008 date is wholly inaccurate and misleading likely in an attempt to reduce demand requests, accountability, transparency and honesty with constituents, blah, blah....

Because it only takes an average of 15 minutes to adjudicate an average K-1 file, this tells me:

1. My file is missing or has been lost (no activity in x months, my file has not been touched) or

2. My file is sitting on someone's desk or in a box and US citizens are undeserved due to inadequate staff (we certainly have the funding for staff in light of the many indulgent pork projects concurrently funded, or

3. Employees are not adequately serving citizens in a manner they would expect from their government.

I also mentioned members who sent their applications (I go by date SENT because that's all that matters to us) got their OK's a full month, some more earlier than I from CSC and I mentioned VSC isn't doing their job according to weighted numbers/statistics monitored on the site...something like that...

something like that, anyway....you get the point. It's not exactly what I wrote but do your own thing and write your own concerns and the point will come across better according to your style

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
I guess everyone else is as fed up with all this waiting as me. I had to drop off the love of my life this morning at the airport to go back to the UK and no NOA2 for us to at least look forward to. I have been having to do this for over 4 years now and it hurts like nothing I can describe each time I have to let him go. I know everyone on here knows what I am talking about. Sure the general population has no idea what I mean or what we all deal with and of course no one understands my frustration but I read everyone's posts and I know we are all sick of it. Really, really sick of waiting and being told stupid excuses. For example, I called the VSC just to ask them what happened to my original NOA1 notice and they told me "it was probably lost due to an address change." Okay, address change, this change that I never put in, with the address that is the same as the one I have had for 4 years now. Sounds like excuses for people not doing their job. I know that sounds harsh but what is going on at that place? I am expressing the venting frustration that all of us feel for waiting without answers and missing our loved ones. I will be mad for everyone who does not have their NOA2 and has been waiting for months and months and months. :angry:

start bothering your congressmen (all of them) and DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY and also point out lack of transparency and the fact they claim they're working on MARCH when we've got SEPTEMBER files being approved from CSC! I'm sending a letter a week to my congressman and congresswoman. Corrupt as the pigs all are, at least they're slimey enough to send an email for a vote (they have a special UCIS email address).

If I don't ehar anything next week, I'll start working on the chief of all USCIS. http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:ea0Sd...lient=firefox-a

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Just a question for Hyena and HW, and anyone else sending letters to senators.

I would love to do that to, but what exactly does it do? :blush:

Sorry to be dense, but what is the senators' role in the visa process and what are you requesting that they do in your letter?

thanks!

Our Wedding Pics

There is always some madness in love.

But there is also always some reason in madness.

Nietzsche

12.Jan.2007..... Met in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua.

07.May.2007.... Started dating.

02.Sep.2007..... Engaged!

K-1

06.Aug.2008..... K-1 app sent to California Service Center.

11.Aug.2008..... NOA1 recieved.

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

13.Feb.2009.......Interview passed!!!

20.Feb.2009.......Received visa.

21.Feb.2009.......POE, Houston

AOS

12.May.2009......Filed AOS.

21.May.2009......NOA1

04.Jun.2009.......Biometrics

18.Jun.2009.......EAD card production ordered

26.Jun.2009.......EAD card received

06.Aug.2009......AOS interview (st. louis) Card production ordered

06.Sep.2009......Wedding Ceremony and Celebration

Sorry to be dense, but what is the senators' role in the visa process and what are you requesting that they do in your letter?

thanks!

It gives the Senator an opportunity to earn his seat.....mildly putting it...Politicians serve the people whatever their needs are...and for now it's getting the NOA2

K1

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bahamas

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-19

Interview Date : 2009-04-23 -PASSED

Visa Received : 2009-04-28

POE: Nassau, Bahamas (Pre-Clearance Facility)/Atlanta, Georgia

US Entry : July 3 2009

Civil Marriage : July 21, 2009

Wedding Ceremony: September 26, 2009

AOS/EAD/AP: I-485/I-765/I-131

Filed: August 11 2009

NOA1: August 24, 2009

Touched: August 26, 2009

Biometrics : September 24, 2009

RFE: September 3 , 2009

Response Sent: September 11, 2009

Case Transferred to CSC : September 15 2009

AP: Approved Spt. 23 2009

Biometrics: Completed

EAD: Approved Sept. 24 2009

EAD: Received Oct. 1 2009

receceived green card: 12/29/2009

6Nqfm4.png

- I 751 -Removing Conditions

Form I-751 Package sent: 10/11/2011

Rec'd NOA1: 10/17/2011

VSC cashed Check: 10/19/2011

Biometrics Appt.: 11/07/2011

rec'd email Notification Approved, Card ordered 07/17/2012..yesssss

GC recid: 07/20/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

thanks!

It gives the Senator an opportunity to earn his seat.....mildly putting it...Politicians serve the people whatever their needs are...and for now it's getting the NOA2

yep, :thumbs:

so when my sentor get's back from her long vacation, i'll be giving her a call

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

thanks!

yep, :thumbs:

so when my sentor get's back from her long vacation, i'll be giving her a call

but what is it that they do? check up on the application at the USCIS or embassy or where ever it might be? urge it along? bang some heads?

does it make a difference?

Our Wedding Pics

Nietzsche

K-1

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

AOS

21.May.2009......NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While you are within the processing times determined by USCIS they can't do anything really, and most of them know that and will likely say so and to call them back when you are outside the processing times, some won't even go that far. If you are outside of the processing times, sometimes they can get you a little extra information and tell you that you are in a security check or something, but again, generally, they can't do much about it really. What they can do is influence laws, but let me say good luck on that, it'd be a pretty rare day where someone would get a law passed that actually directly helps their own situation. I'm all for people trying to get the system improved, but as for expecting anyone to do anything to help your own specific petition at this point... it's too early to even try, but I guess if it helps you pass the time, everyone needs a hobby. Trying to change the system so that it's better for those who come after us, is worth a shot but legal immigration is not exactly a hot topic for most people... illegal immigration people get their panties in a twist about but even then, a large part of the country doesn't care so much about that either.

Vermont doesn't care about CSC processing sept filers, they are seperate facilities with their own processing times, but VSC has approved plenty of sept filers too. Seems like VSC likes sept and july filers more than august at this point (I don't blame them for liking july... but I'd much rather them approve some august filers instead of jumping right past to sept which seems to be the case).

I did get the NOA2 hard copy today, ordered transcripts, and setup a chiropracter appointment (pinched nerve or something... but I've been paying for health insurance, I need to quit bein a wimp and just go to the doctor and figure out what the deal is).

Timeline

thanks!

When writing your senator, first and foremost demand they stop molesting pages and children. After that, ask they keep the bribes and corruption to a minimum (it's to be expected) and don't let them know you're aware they're transgendered. Beyond that, if you search "uscis employee" or something like that in VJ, last year there was a USCIS employee who wrote about the process and that contacting senators puts out an alert where they drop what they're doing to look at the file and get it out of their hands like a hot potato. I do know their cussing customer service seems extra overly "helpful" while not doing squat so that tells me everyone has their hands down their pants (and everyone else's) and they don't want any attention...just quell the masses and kill them with exceptional kindness in the face of underwhelming stupidity telling you absolutely nothing with their scripted responses looking forward to going back home after work to uncle dad and aunt mom.

Me, cynical? Nooooo!

What a cute couple you guys are! Come to think of it, we've all got the "pick of the world" so we see some primo specimens of humanity in our spouses (it's fun to look at the pics of all the hunny bunny's here thinking...how did they meet, I wonder if they had kids, how cute they'd be)...daydreaming...anything but reality at this point!

I personally think the whole bringing someone to live the American dream; availing them of an opportunity they'd never otherwise have...I think it's so cool! I'd love to see each reaction their first time here...what they think and how it's so different from their culture.

One thing I hear a lot is that people (for the most part) obey laws here (especially driving) and our police aren't overtly corrupt. The driving and police alone is enough to encourage the society to follow rule of law which is why many, many 3rd world countries are still back in the 1800's surrounded by 21st century technology.

I was in Costa Rica 2 years ago and I'll never forget driving down a seriously remote back road (I also had forgotten my driver's license at home but Ben Franklin's picture looks just like mine according to the cops there, like most countries)..anyway, we passed a cart being pulled by 2 oxen (most don't have cars-like msot of the world) and we passed a remote field with a girl standing in the middle of it on a cell phone! Everything else in that area looked like the 1600's..no metal, no cars, no electric and here's a girl on her cell in the middle of it all.

Just had to share that....

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

here's the link from the post from the former USCIS employee so you can learn about what this guy did in his corner of the USCIS http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...dicator-q-and-a

I was #122 weeks ago, now I'm #116 same as last week but looks like they got a handful done this week. Who knows, maybe my letters will be moot (I hope).

If that doesn't work, I'm writing God!

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
here's the link from the post from the former USCIS employee so you can learn about what this guy did in his corner of the USCIS http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...dicator-q-and-a

I was #122 weeks ago, now I'm #116 same as last week but looks like they got a handful done this week. Who knows, maybe my letters will be moot (I hope).

thanks for the link. I'd hadn't read that before. very interesting.

I'm #41 on CSC and hardly moving now... :wacko:

Our Wedding Pics

Nietzsche

K-1

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

AOS

21.May.2009......NOA1

Timeline

thanks for the link. I'd hadn't read that before. very interesting.

I'm #41 on CSC and hardly moving now... :wacko:

That says something. I sent 3 days before you and I'm #116...very frustrating!!!!!!!!

Oh well, at least in the next couple days, I can do a follow up phone call

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.