MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi friends...

jst want to ask...im a little worried now.i saw one vj's post about those who havent seen each other for the last two years she said that..if u will file ..it will just a waste of money and time and and she said it will be just denied by USCIS. i met my fiancee feb2005 online, we met personally aug 2005 here in philippines. Then we continued our relationship, we talk everyday, IM, phone calls, email and text messages and even snail mails.The time we wet i was just 23 and hes 26..that time he isnt really prepared to get marry and i understand that he needed to do somethings, and he wanted to get everything ready for us. til he propose to me last march....I have everything printed and prepared.When he submitted the I-129f(aug9) he put everything and we got the NOA1 aug23, we pick IM conversation from 2005-2008, one IM conversation per month,photocopies of his plane tickets,boardpass,our pics together and with my family and friends.fedex receipts for all the gift packages he sent me...even text messages i wrote down all from 2005-currrent...u think guys those arent enough to prove to them that we have strong relationship???need ur answers...

thanks thanks

you need to have physically met within the last two years. sorry.

hi,

thanks for the reply.will it be automatically disapprove at uscis?coz our plan is if it will be approve in uscis, before my interview he will visit me just to show that we really two are all serious with this.and if it will be disapprove in uscis,he will still need to go here in philippines and file for reconsideration through the help maybe of a lawyer...whats your suggestion?im really dipress..thanks a lot

pam

pam&wes

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I suggest making that trip happen as soon as possible, it's pretty likely you'll be denied, so the sooner you have a more recent visit under your belt the sooner you can file again... I think the worst thing (besides having to pay the fee twice) is you probably won't be denied until the rest of us are getting NOA2's, so the real question is do you want to wait that long to have to file a second time. On the other hand maybe your lawyer can finagle your original application to stay in the system and not be denied, I kind of doubt it but that's what lawyers are for, though that may be a good way to rack up some lawyer fees with little chance of changing things, you'll have to talk to your lawyer about it and see.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes it will be denied. One of the requirements is that you have to have met in the last two years in order to file for the petition.

I'll use myself as an example. We literally had to wait YEARS to file because I was awaiting a long drawn out divorce to be final. I couldn't file during the waiting period because I did not meet the criteria... our petition would have been returned. We've met many, many times ..travelled together and lived together in the 10 years we've known each other. I still couldn't file until I had that paper. :(

Withdraw your petition and have a visit... you can send it the very day he gets there. :)

timeline.jpg

Oh man, Im not counting on any touches.....I wont even bother to check status until mid December, my expectations are low on this, why? set your expectations high and you will be left with nothing but stress.

But hey that's just me, hehehehe!

goodluck

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

The only touch I care about is the one that happens a few months after noa2... I agree with SoInLove16, at this point unless you aren't calling them asking about the status of your petition or asking to be or actually being expidited, your file is most likely sitting in a box in a warehouse with no real chance of being looked at for 3 months... best to keep expectations low... but on the other hand I probably will take a peek at the status every week or so just because it's short, I just don't want to get in the habit of checking it every day. I think the time will move faster if you don't pay so much attention to it.

none for me! :( it is SO SLOOOOOW!!!!

If I were you, id look forward to your trip back and seeing your sweety rather than waiting for a touch.

Seems like you have 96 days left, I still have 108 days left to see my hun, so you are ahead of me! hehehehe!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
So August how are we all coping?

Who else didnt think that September could feel like it was 12 months from August? LOL

Got good news today, Chris is booking his tickets on Monday to come downunder for Christmas and New Year, Woot! Only like 15 weeks till I get to see my boy on my home ground!

Anyone else got visits coming up?

Or is anyone going to try for Gemmie's route and get into the US???

Gemmie, Im so proud you survived that ordel through the boarder, I would have broken down and cried Im sure of it!

I have a visit coming in November.....I leave the day before Thanksgiving and return the second week in December.......I cant wait.....

Rod and Lu

rodandlu.jpg

Timeline

Yep, I know what you mean. But you know, when it is something you extrememly want to happen you bad, a day seems like an eternity. :( will try my best though. Thank you!

none for me! :( it is SO SLOOOOOW!!!!

If I were you, id look forward to your trip back and seeing your sweety rather than waiting for a touch.

Seems like you have 96 days left, I still have 108 days left to see my hun, so you are ahead of me! hehehehe!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
BTW...that's one month off the wait time! Whoo Hoo

:dance:

Yep, one month gone!

Just counting down the days!

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well by looking at some of the other filers ahead of us....we Augustines should be getting our touches soon. It seems there are usually 3 touches before the big NOA2 approval. And i am guessing that each touch is for the main 3 requirements that are asked for the I-129F petition.

I think the Augustines will start seeing touches this week or next week.

For me, I like to know my paperwork is being processed. So I will look for these touches once or twice a week. If we dont get a touch by mid October, I will place a call to see whats the hold up. As if I am somebody... :unsure:

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
For me, I like to know my paperwork is being processed. So I will look for these touches once or twice a week. If we dont get a touch by mid October, I will place a call to see whats the hold up. As if I am somebody... :unsure:

I agree. I don't want to wait until after my time passes to start inquiring about the status. That just gives them an excuse to take longer. If I got a slow case worker, I want them to know I am serious about getting this done in a timely manner.

I'm so jealous of those of you who get to see your SO. Mine can't come to the states, and I'm saving my money to go there for the interview (Colombia usually requests the fiance to be there). So, I have to wait...and wait...and wait until I get to hold my honey again. :crying:

9290.gif

Yep, I know what you mean. But you know, when it is something you extrememly want to happen you bad, a day seems like an eternity. :( will try my best though. Thank you!

Yes I agree but you also have to be strong for yourself and your hun.

But I have to be honest with you, I can be strong and I can say this and that but there is always one day of the week where I feel miserable and incredibly depressed, my fiancee as well! So I cannot blame you for how you feel. But remember my friend we are all here for you and so am I!

God bless us all!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Altho i know realistically not to even expect anything happening until december sometime, i do check the uscis website twice daily just in case, but can someone show me what a touch looks like? i'm pretty sure nothing has happened cos the page looks exactly the same as it did on the day our NOA1 was rec'd but i'm just curious.

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.