MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope and Nope...

She can do it, she can pack also, hahahahaha! besides in the the Manila Embassy if you go to the interview you wait outside, you don't go in together. I know my confidence is a little high but given our history and the amount of evidence we have, my signature alone is enough, hahaha. My fiancee speaks english like I do, she knows everything about me, our history, where I live and so fourth. -)

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Nope and Nope...

She can do it, she can pack also, hahahahaha! besides in the the Manila Embassy if you go to the interview you wait outside, you don't go in together. I know my confidence is a little high but given our history and the amount of evidence we have, my signature alone is enough, hahaha. My fiancee speaks english like I do, she knows everything about me, our history, where I live and so fourth. -)

:thumbs:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sometimes you get into the interview, sometimes not in manila... but you don't wait outside of the embassy, you do get to wait inside the embassy, they just don't always let you sit in on the interview itself.

She can do her medical any day she feels like getting up early... after getting a case number (or so I understand it), but the interview itself will likely be scheduled a month from whenever you call to set it up, maybe more as a result of the holiday season... I'm kind of itching to know but until NVC has the petition nothing happens. If through some miracle an interview was scheduled while he was still there, there is almost no hope it'd happen early enough that the visa would actually be issued (takes 3-7 days most of the time) before he left...

But I applaud you on making sure your woman do the packin, she probably has mostly boring girly junk and kids stuff and you need to train her early for life in america where women are slaves! (also a good idea to keep her from talking to anyone else once she's here and finding out otherwise!!!). Has she flown before, the first time it's an intimidating process, add in the joys of international travel and screaming kids (they may not scream normally but this might be a special occassion!) and she might be set for one super stressful day (even if it's an extremely exciting day).

Guess which CSC August 2008 Filer got their first RFE???

ME :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

and I dont have words to explain how utterly disgusted and ANGRY I am at my lawyer....

I cannot beleive I hired her, I just cannot beleive it!

So now I just sit and wait until the RFE gets here by mail and figure out what they want....

I have no idea what it is that they could want, but that is what I got the email for....

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dont worry MARM, believe it or not, it mite be a good thing, because it could be something little, and as soon as you get it figured out, you'll get approved within a few days at the most.... cheer up, it means they are working on ur file and ur almost there!

NOA1: August 29, 2008

NOA2: January 26, 2009,

NVC RECIEVED: January 28, 2009

NVC SENT: February 3, 2009

INDIAN EMBASSY RECIEVED: February 7, 2009

EMBASSY SENT PACKET 3: February 9, 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

ME

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

and I dont have words to explain how utterly disgusted and ANGRY I am at my lawyer....

So now I just sit and wait until the RFE gets here by mail and figure out what they want....

I have no idea what it is that they could want, but that is what I got the email for....

Oh man, that suuucks. I am so afraid that I will get one. I hope that the photocopies of my passport will be enough, showing I went there. I didn't save any boarding passes or anything like that. I did send the printout of my frequent flier account, which shows the trips, including the ones we took together (i.e. we both got miles for the same flight) - but I keep hearing people getting RFE's even though they have tons of supporting documentation, so I don't know!

I'm most worried because I sent in the application before I found this site, and my "letter of intent" was NOT personal at all. It was literally like "My name is Lauren and I intend to marry Roel. Signature". And his the same. I didn't realize it shoudl be a personal essay with our feelings about how much we love each other..... that's just not really my style.... hahaha

Our Timeline

09/15/07 - Met on vacation in Indonesia (where he was working)

12/07-07/08 - Various trips to meet between NJ, Belgium, Holland, the Carribbean, and Latin America

07/31/08 - Engaged

08/15/08 - I-129F sent

08/19/08 - Case recieved by VSC

1/28/09 - NOA2 APPROVED! Finally!

3/31/09 - Interview at Belgian Embassy

4/02/09 - Visa Issued

4/03/09 - Entered US

4/09/09 - *** MARRIED ***

4/28/09 - Mailed in AOS, AP, and EAD applications

5/07/09 - NOA1 for AOS, AP, and EAD

5/28/09 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline
where do you see how many was processed ?

really i was thinking i would have it before christmas now that thats past well i guess i'm just going to say hopfully it will be here before march.

Hi Candy,

don't think anyone responded to you. You can see the weekly stats for Vermont here:

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

Our Timeline

12/07-07/08 - Various trips to meet between NJ, Belgium, Holland, the Carribbean, and Latin America

07/31/08 - Engaged

08/15/08 - I-129F sent

4/02/09 - Visa Issued

4/03/09 - Entered US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sigh

Still nothing since NOA1.

No touches, no updates, no RFEs. I can't help but wonder if they misplaced it or something.

Edited by Furious Biscuit

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Dont worry MARM, believe it or not, it mite be a good thing, because it could be something little, and as soon as you get it figured out, you'll get approved within a few days at the most.... cheer up, it means they are working on ur file and ur almost there!

Thank you so much for the kind words of support. It's not that I am upset with the RFE, I am upset that I hired a good for nothing lawyer. I paid so much $$$ for nothing, it was before I found this site...and I cannot imagine what it could be that they want from us....we sent in everything perfectly as they wanted. It is making me nervous...anyway, I cannot do anything but wait to find out what it is for. I just called my lawyer to fire her, I don't care if she does not give me a refund, I can't take this ####### from her anymore, she has messed up more than once. I just don't want her to be a part of anything. Anyway, so she has not returned my call, so I will email her in firm words telling her that I fire her.

Still have my fingers crossed for VSC filers, they are coming slowly but surely...it is just unfortunate that this is another short week for both processing centers.

ME

Oh man, that suuucks. I am so afraid that I will get one. I hope that the photocopies of my passport will be enough, showing I went there. I didn't save any boarding passes or anything like that. I did send the printout of my frequent flier account, which shows the trips, including the ones we took together (i.e. we both got miles for the same flight) - but I keep hearing people getting RFE's even though they have tons of supporting documentation, so I don't know!

I'm most worried because I sent in the application before I found this site, and my "letter of intent" was NOT personal at all. It was literally like "My name is Lauren and I intend to marry Roel. Signature". And his the same. I didn't realize it shoudl be a personal essay with our feelings about how much we love each other..... that's just not really my style.... hahaha

Photocopies of passport are primary evidence so don't worry that would be enough. Yours is not a high fraud country, so no need to worry about them ignoring the tons of evidence and nit-picking...You may get a letter of intent RFE as you are thinking, and yes I know what you mean, it is not my style either, but anyway, it is what they want and they have the last say on approval at USCIS stage so what can you do...But don't worry, at least you know what could be the reason for an RFE for you, and like others have said, it is not long after an RFE that you get approval, they are just waiting on the additional info from you and when they get it, BAM, you get NOA2! But what I am freaked out about is what the hell is it that they want? I sent in everything imaginable...I just have to wait...

Edited by MARM

Timeline

ME

Photocopies of passport are primary evidence so don't worry that would be enough. Yours is not a high fraud country, so no need to worry about them ignoring the tons of evidence and nit-picking...You may get a letter of intent RFE as you are thinking, and yes I know what you mean, it is not my style either, but anyway, it is what they want and they have the last say on approval at USCIS stage so what can you do...But don't worry, at least you know what could be the reason for an RFE for you, and like others have said, it is not long after an RFE that you get approval, they are just waiting on the additional info from you and when they get it, BAM, you get NOA2! But what I am freaked out about is what the hell is it that they want? I sent in everything imaginable...I just have to wait...

Thanks for the encouragement! Please let me know when you find out what it is they are looking for!!

Our Timeline

07/31/08 - Engaged

08/15/08 - I-129F sent

4/02/09 - Visa Issued

4/03/09 - Entered US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi Freddy Thanks for calling for me hahaha, I´ll give them a call monday the 5th we have to give them chance because of the holidays.

Have a safe trip and enjoy with your Emilia!

Thanks Man......

I just called the NVC to see if my petition has been received, I as on hold for 2 minutes and the lady on the phone WAS VERY VERY VERY NICE! they havent received my petition yet but DAMN! nice people I tell yah! Not like USCIS!

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi All:

First of all I want to tell you all that I'm praying hard for everyone that hasn't gotten their Number Two yet; I'm cofident it's JUST around the corner for you.

Also, I'll be gone as of the 31st to England to see my guy but will be checking in to see how things are buzzing along for ya'all. (I feel the need to keep you updated on all my comings and goings lol).

I have a question...once we all have our Number Twos...where do we go then? Are we still Augusters? Do we become someone else? Do we start a new page some place or move on to the Facebook page someone was creating? I don't want to lose you all! I did run across this HUGE Facebook page for VJ as well as one for Brits living in California.

( I said Number Two twice. Is that equal to one Mstrbtn Mal?) :luv:

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.