MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
next week, I should be out of the estimated processing time from VJ :cry:

well, at least you are probably close! when I first applied, it said mid December. Now it says mid-January :-(

And I Just moved into "our" new place this weekend - i was hoping we'd move in together, but now there will still probably be months by myself ! (not to mention the mortgage - ack! )

Our Timeline

09/15/07 - Met on vacation in Indonesia (where he was working)

12/07-07/08 - Various trips to meet between NJ, Belgium, Holland, the Carribbean, and Latin America

07/31/08 - Engaged

08/15/08 - I-129F sent

08/19/08 - Case recieved by VSC

1/28/09 - NOA2 APPROVED! Finally!

3/31/09 - Interview at Belgian Embassy

4/02/09 - Visa Issued

4/03/09 - Entered US

4/09/09 - *** MARRIED ***

4/28/09 - Mailed in AOS, AP, and EAD applications

5/07/09 - NOA1 for AOS, AP, and EAD

5/28/09 - Biometrics Appointment

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh -- can you believe that they only did TWO last week when the CSC did over 20!! and last week over 50! Why is Vermont so slow? Are they snowed in??

( I don't post on here much -- but jeez this process is taking longer than I expected! )

And how did the September couple get theirs so fast!

I dunno if it's too late for me to say tis but when it comes to USCIS you really have to lower your expectations.

I remember when one of our members here, his name won't be mentioned (MALICIANT), kept telling me that I might get my NOA2 before Christmas, I never believed him because I expected an approval January 20th and so on. Having a low expectation on this journey is ideal and puts your heartaches and dissapointments aside. When approvals come before your expected times it's quite rewarding.

YES YES YES I know it's easier for me to say this since I been approved already but hey I know the feeling of waiting, we are all on the same journey.

Hang in there everyone.

MALICIANT , sorry but I am using those tickets tomorrow, can you fit in a suitcase? how about I drop you off in Manila? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Ugh -- can you believe that they only did TWO last week when the CSC did over 20!! and last week over 50! Why is Vermont so slow? Are they snowed in??

( I don't post on here much -- but jeez this process is taking longer than I expected! )

I dunno if it's too late for me to say tis but when it comes to USCIS you really have to lower your expectations.

I remember when one of our members here, his name won't be mentioned (MALICIANT), kept telling me that I might get my NOA2 before Christmas, I never believed him because I expected an approval January 20th and so on. Having a low expectation on this journey is ideal and puts your heartaches and dissapointments aside. When approvals come before your expected times it's quite rewarding.

YES YES YES I know it's easier for me to say this since I been approved already but hey I know the feeling of waiting, we are all on the same journey.

Hang in there everyone.

MALICIANT , sorry but I am using those tickets tomorrow, can you fit in a suitcase? how about I drop you off in Manila? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

You say exactly the same thing my fiancee says...that's a good way to avoid frustration.

K1

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bahamas

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-19

Interview Date : 2009-04-23 -PASSED

Visa Received : 2009-04-28

POE: Nassau, Bahamas (Pre-Clearance Facility)/Atlanta, Georgia

US Entry : July 3 2009

Civil Marriage : July 21, 2009

Wedding Ceremony: September 26, 2009

AOS/EAD/AP: I-485/I-765/I-131

Filed: August 11 2009

NOA1: August 24, 2009

Touched: August 26, 2009

Biometrics : September 24, 2009

RFE: September 3 , 2009

Response Sent: September 11, 2009

Case Transferred to CSC : September 15 2009

AP: Approved Spt. 23 2009

Biometrics: Completed

EAD: Approved Sept. 24 2009

EAD: Received Oct. 1 2009

receceived green card: 12/29/2009

6Nqfm4.png

- I 751 -Removing Conditions

Form I-751 Package sent: 10/11/2011

Rec'd NOA1: 10/17/2011

VSC cashed Check: 10/19/2011

Biometrics Appt.: 11/07/2011

rec'd email Notification Approved, Card ordered 07/17/2012..yesssss

GC recid: 07/20/2012

Have a safe trip Fred, how long will you be gone?

I will be back on the 19th January.

HW, Dani, GEMMIE, HD, I hope I didnt forget anyone, I pray that when I come back you all will have your NOA2!

For Vermont filers I can't blame your frustration, look below, ughhhhhh! 2 approvals, WOW! Hang in there Vermont folks, I'm sure after the holidays things will pick up!

2008-12-22 21 3.00 2 0.29 2.22

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hang in there everyone.

Just bring some extra money for the carry on weight... I'm probably going to push you over the baggage limits (all of them.. size, weight, number of stowaways, etc). I can't wait to buy plane tickets, I know it'll be soon but grrr... Anyway, have a good flight, and a better landing.

I think the thing with the september filers getting approvals... is a result of vacations. I think the caseloads are assigned as much as a month or two in advance of when they are actually processed, so when those inevitable christmas vacations start reducing the staff, a lot of petitions basically get left in boxes on desks during that time... the down side is with this theory... how the heck did they manage to crank out so many approvals. Anyway, it's the start of a whole new week, and it should be a great week for august... I'm predicting a really good week for VSC. Either way though, USCIS has only just begun to approve august filers, it's way too early to panic about lost petitions, that's pretty much unheard of from what I've seen. It's never too early to whine about how bad this process sucks though, I'm thankful to have a NOA2, it's a big relief that part is over (expecting to find the hard copy in my mail box when I get home) but even after getting that, it's still a waiting game and I still don't have a solid date so I can begin making plans (I expect to be back with my girl in 5 weeks but that might be optimistic since I don't really know how the holidays will affect the interview scheduling etc).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
Have a safe trip Fred, how long will you be gone?

I will be back on the 19th January.

HW, Dani, GEMMIE, HD, I hope I didnt forget anyone, I pray that when I come back you all will have your NOA2!

For Vermont filers I can't blame your frustration, look below, ughhhhhh! 2 approvals, WOW! Hang in there Vermont folks, I'm sure after the holidays things will pick up!

2008-12-22 21 3.00 2 0.29 2.22

Yeah, I'm actually not too frustrated with the whole process -- I'm more just frustrated that Vermont is going so much slower than California. It would be ok if we were ALL waiting :-) Really, I dont have super high expectations, mostly just tired of people asking me how it's going and if I've heard anything!

Our Timeline

09/15/07 - Met on vacation in Indonesia (where he was working)

12/07-07/08 - Various trips to meet between NJ, Belgium, Holland, the Carribbean, and Latin America

07/31/08 - Engaged

08/15/08 - I-129F sent

08/19/08 - Case recieved by VSC

1/28/09 - NOA2 APPROVED! Finally!

3/31/09 - Interview at Belgian Embassy

4/02/09 - Visa Issued

4/03/09 - Entered US

4/09/09 - *** MARRIED ***

4/28/09 - Mailed in AOS, AP, and EAD applications

5/07/09 - NOA1 for AOS, AP, and EAD

5/28/09 - Biometrics Appointment

Thanks Man......

I just called the NVC to see if my petition has been received, I as on hold for 2 minutes and the lady on the phone WAS VERY VERY VERY NICE! they havent received my petition yet but DAMN! nice people I tell yah! Not like USCIS!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

BAD VSC...VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY DO NOTHING CRACKPIPE SMOKERS...SHAME ON YOU!

ONLY ONE STINKING NOA2???? BAD BAD BAD BAD!

To the dungeon! Men...take them NOW!

We are scheduling a public egging tomorrow at 1:24 pm. Everyone bring food and beach blankets....it should be another balmy ZERO DEGREE DAY!

(angst, horror, bewilderment, fury, anger, hatred, jealousy, envy, despair, dismay, disproportionate, dysfunctional)

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks Man......

I just called the NVC to see if my petition has been received, I as on hold for 2 minutes and the lady on the phone WAS VERY VERY VERY NICE! they havent received my petition yet but DAMN! nice people I tell yah! Not like USCIS!

so could it be possible to have a date while you are there? and she can come back with you?

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thank you Fred for mentioning me (us) :) you're leaving on 31 right?

Well have a wonderful time with Emilia and the kids, kiss them from us and be safe while traveling, at least you'll have nicer weather there :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

HW - nahhhh I wish I can have a date, I expect her to have her medical and interview by late February or March (Again Expectations low, HEHEHE)

Dani - Thank You.......I'm going crazy here at work already!

I will still stop by tomorrow ofcourse, i'm not leaving yet, haha!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

where do you see how many was processed ?

really i was thinking i would have it before christmas now that thats past well i guess i'm just going to say hopfully it will be here before march.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
HW - nahhhh I wish I can have a date, I expect her to have her medical and interview by late February or March (Again Expectations low, HEHEHE)

Dani - Thank You.......I'm going crazy here at work already!

I will still stop by tomorrow ofcourse, i'm not leaving yet, haha!

are you going back to PI once you have a date?

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Nope, not going back once Emilia has a date.

USEM NBI Requirements:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.