MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're still far from alone here... you still have stinkerpotsam at least (and well... about half of the august CSC filers are still waiting with you along with most of the VSC filers). Still one more day of this week left for CSC to kick a pile of ###, you might still be among the lucky, otherwise... we'll see what next week is like, if CSC is pushing to meet a quota of some kind then likely they have until new years to meet it so they may put in a great week next week too...

ETA: I'm king... since I already have my NOA2 now... I demand 1 yo-yo for christmas, or a slinky... for those awaiting NOA2's... I'm sure you'll understand, I NEED that yo-yo, everyone else is going to have one and I don't want to be left out...

Edited by maliciant

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
It's official, I got a NOA2... my email says it was received at 6:45 so it was probably sent 4:45ish PST. Now that I have my NOA2... I have nothing else left to do with my life, it has no meaning!?! I can die happy now!.... Oh wait... I guess I have to order tax transcripts, get a letter of employment, and a few other things... then I can die happy. I'd have posted sooner but I wanted to keep everyone in suspense (that and I opted for nap... cause I'm old, onery, and crotchety... plus I figured I'll call my fiancee at some time tonight so it never hurts to be awake half the night hehe).

It's a little shocking that after all this time... instead of just sitting around whining about the wait... I actually need to do SOMETHING.

See, I told you so. Congrats man. Good luck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Timeline
I demand 1 yo-yo for christmas, or a slinky... for those awaiting NOA2's... I'm sure you'll understand, I NEED that yo-yo, ...

You will put your eye out with that thing! Too dangerous. & quit being so greedy. just ask for a stick!

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Timeline

For all those feeling left behind, I saw this posted in another thread, So as it backed up my point about the approvals, take a look

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/APPLICA...September08.pdf

So while your igor's list number may look bad or people around you are moving, just look at the numbers. 24,317 I-129F's were filed in Sept of 2008 alone. I think there is only about 16,000 in the VJ database for ever. So again, While VJ is an awesome place to hang out, remember, it is a small sampling of the requests. So when it seems like VSC isnt moving at all or so very slowly, these are just VJ numbers, which is just a small sample of the total population of requests.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

It's official, I got a NOA2... my email says it was received at 6:45 so it was probably sent 4:45ish PST. Now that I have my NOA2... I have nothing else left to do with my life, it has no meaning!?! I can die happy now!.... Oh wait... I guess I have to order tax transcripts, get a letter of employment, and a few other things... then I can die happy. I'd have posted sooner but I wanted to keep everyone in suspense (that and I opted for nap... cause I'm old, onery, and crotchety... plus I figured I'll call my fiancee at some time tonight so it never hurts to be awake half the night hehe).

It's a little shocking that after all this time... instead of just sitting around whining about the wait... I actually need to do SOMETHING.

CONGRATS :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

I CALLED IT! MALICIANT CONGRATS!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

So maybe there is a chance that I get my NOA2 tomorrow...Christmas Eve

I guess all I can do is wait :yes::whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Congratz to you Maliciant!

:dance::dance::dance:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congrats buddy, you are on your way! :thumbs:

as for me, i still got nothing, anybody else with me?

Congratz Mal! And HW...no worries...I'm here with you...... :luv:

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Timeline
For all those feeling left behind, I saw this posted in another thread, So as it backed up my point about the approvals, take a look

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/APPLICA...September08.pdf

So while your igor's list number may look bad or people around you are moving, just look at the numbers. 24,317 I-129F's were filed in Sept of 2008 alone. I think there is only about 16,000 in the VJ database for ever. So again, While VJ is an awesome place to hang out, remember, it is a small sampling of the requests. So when it seems like VSC isnt moving at all or so very slowly, these are just VJ numbers, which is just a small sample of the total population of requests.

That's a handy link and really outlines the sheer massive numbers being dealt with by USCIS in comparison to VJ... which has all of about 100 - 200 for any given month (both service centers combined), it's a small sample indeed. I'd like to point out though that the pdf you linked doesn't actually say I-129F... it just says I-129 which includes a lot more than just fiancee petitions... I am under the impression that fiance petitions are 10-20% of that number but I can't back that up with data. But it's good to have some hard numbers so people can recognize that even if the approvals aren't raining down like we all want them to, it's far from any kind of proof that anyone is failing to do their jobs (even if it does suck to wait for so long with no real information). Also, last week's numbers for VSC were pretty good, hardly record setting but they did approve 19 VJ filers and that's only bad compared to CSC's 44... VSC doubles CSC's numbers all too often too).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I'm off from this forum for a few days, i guess i cant expect nothing more, Congratulations for those who were approved and Merry Christmas to all... :mellow:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

I'm off from this forum for a few days, i guess i cant expect nothing more, Congratulations for those who were approved and Merry Christmas to all... :mellow:

Cheer up! :star: There are others left besides you and me! It is not like we are left behind, the approvals have just begun! And at the rate CSC is going, I am sure we will be approved by next week, if not then first week of Jan 09 for sure.

So here's to a merry Christmas and a happy new year with lots of approvals! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

congrats Maliciant, I have all but given up hope for this week for VSC... I didnt even expect to see mine, but just seeing ANY approvals there would have been encouraging.... these are the most depressing holidays of my life, I wish I could just jump this whole week and into the new year so the approvals start coming again, even if its just a few at a time.... anything that is better then 1 per day!!!

NOA1: August 29, 2008

NOA2: January 26, 2009,

NVC RECIEVED: January 28, 2009

NVC SENT: February 3, 2009

INDIAN EMBASSY RECIEVED: February 7, 2009

EMBASSY SENT PACKET 3: February 9, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.