MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Stopping by to wish you all a Happy thanksgiving, and u'll..... make sure you don't eat too much Turkey.......LOL

June 26..........Sent I-129F to VSC

June 28..........Received @ VSC

Aug 09.......... Packet sent back b'cos of poor written check

Aug 11...........Resent packet to VSC

Aug 12...........Package deliverd and signed for by P. Novak

Aug 14...........NOA1

Aug 18...........Check cashed...(Pheeeeew)

Aug 19...........Touched!

Aug 20...........NOA1 Hard copy

Dec 01...........Touched (due to my change of address)

JAN 06 2009...NOA2 ( case approved ) wooohhhhhhoooooo!!!!!!!

JAN 07 2009...Touched!

JAN 08 2009...NVC Recieved Case( we got our case number)

JAN 10 2009...NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved

JAN 12 2009...NVC Forwarded case to NIgeria(confirmed over the phone)

JAN 14 2009...NVC Hardcopy mail recieved

JAN 26 2009...Fiancee received Packets 3 & 4

JAN 28 2009...Started Police Report

JAN 29 2009...Started Medical Exams

MAR 01 2009...I will be flying to Nigeria to be with my Angel at interview

MAR 04 2009...Interview.(WE ARE NOT WORRIED BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL.....YAY)

MAR 28 2009...Returning to the USA with wife-to-be.

MAR 29 2009...POE (IAH) Intercontinental Airport Houston (2nd day arrival )

APR 10 2009....Our Glorious Wedding (Good Friday, How cool uh?)

When he says yes, nobody says no, believe in him my Lord is able..............

10760.gif

11563.gif

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

So...I have reached my 100th day mark today...don't feel very elated...it would have been nice if August filers were beginning to get approved, then I would feel like I have gotten somewhere...hopefully it won't be much longer...I have my heart set on first of week of Jan, please God, let us have our NOA2 soon!

They are. :)

We've been locked out of the USCIS site because we didn't update our password, and Bill has also been locked out of his email account.. so only way we would know of an approval is through the mail.

Edited by Gemmie

Only August Vermont filers are getting their NOA2's.

We CSC people are stuck in July. Lucky you's.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!:)

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

So...I have reached my 100th day mark today...don't feel very elated...it would have been nice if August filers were beginning to get approved, then I would feel like I have gotten somewhere...hopefully it won't be much longer...I have my heart set on first of week of Jan, please God, let us have our NOA2 soon!

They are. :)

We've been locked out of the USCIS site because we didn't update our password, and Bill has also been locked out of his email account.. so only way we would know of an approval is through the mail.

That's great, at least VSC looks promising, but CSC is being very miserly with their August approvals right now...and I hope to God that I know before the NOA2 is in the mail because I need to get the embassy changed as soon as my file gets to the NVC...I need to catch them before they send it out to the embassy...if I reach them too late, I don't know what would happen! The USCIS online system is doing horrible, as many have reported NOA2's in the mail or finding out after calling NVC that their case was approved and is with them, without any notice. The online system is not very reliable, I just need to know when should I start calling NVC to find out what they can do about changing embassies.

What do you guys think? To be on the safe side, how soon should I start calling NVC about this matter? Should I wait until mid Dec? Jan? or should I wait until some August pple get approved through CSC?

:help:

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Marm can you not contact USCIS and have it changed in the system before they send it off to NVC?????

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Only August Vermont filers are getting their NOA2's.

We CSC people are stuck in July. Lucky you's.

stuck in July but moving rapidly forward Fred :) now they are approving late July's

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Hey you're right! they approved over 7 this week already!

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Everything happens for a reason!

hand1.jpgSometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there...to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become. You never know who these people may be but you lock eyes with them, you know that very momentthat they will affect your life in some profound way.

smile.jpg

And sometimes things happen to you at the time that may seem horrible,

painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would never realize your potential, strength, will power or heart.

hug.jpg

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of luck. Illness, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test limits of your soul.

girls.jpg

Without these small tests, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere safe and comfortable but dull and utterly pointless.

girl_with_dog.jpg

The people you meet affect your life. The successes and downfalls that you experience can create whom you are, and the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them because they have helped you learn about trust and the impor tance of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

father_and_son.jpg

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but also because they are teaching you to love and open your heart and eyes to little things. Make every day count. Appreciate everything that you possibly can, for you may never experience it again.

Talk to people whom you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Let yourself fall in love, break free and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to.

Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you. Create you own life and then go out and live it.

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to update your password? How often?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Marm can you not contact USCIS and have it changed in the system before they send it off to NVC?????

No unfortunately I can't change it through USCIS because my attorney told me that I will have to send a letter to USCIS which most probably will NOT reach my file in time for approval, she said that I should get it changed through NVC, but now I am thinking about when I should start contacting NVC about this, since they don't have my file yet, they can't really help me. And as the online system at USCIS is so unreliable, I cannot depend on it to figure out when my file goes to NVC, I think I will just start contacting NVC as more Aug filers from CSC get approved, seems like I have no choice but to do that.

You need to update your password? How often?

You receive a prompt when you log-in to your account on the USCIS website to change your password, you can choose to either do it right then or change it later.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Yeah, you'll get a prompt, think it's every 3/4 months.

I tried to change my password but it kept repeating that I need a valid one, with one capital letter, one number, at least 8 characters etc... even when I did that, it wouldn't go through.. and now we're locked out.

The reason Bill is locked out of his email account is because the details were on his PC.. and that fried the other night. Today he told me that his other PC is having problems too, leaving him without a computer OR online status. :( Seems hopeless.

Marm, I would suggest calling NVC now and asking if/when they can change the embassy. If they tell you to wait until you have approval, let them know that the online status isn't that reliable, that's all you can do (?)..

Edited by Gemmie

For security purposes a password change is implemented by the system every 90 days from your registration date. Do not ignore this prompt to change your password, once prompted, CHANGE IT! it only takes a minute.

USEM NBI Requirements:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.