MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey hey hey!!! I hear my name being mentioned... Talking about food, I had a great dinner at my friend's beach wedding... ooohhhh it was so beautiful. That's fine though. I love to torture myself seeing couples get married and me is still waiting for that damn NOA2.

How IS everybody? Happy Monday!

colinjess- SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! happy dance!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey hey hey!!! I hear my name being mentioned... Talking about food, I had a great dinner at my friend's beach wedding... ooohhhh it was so beautiful. That's fine though. I love to torture myself seeing couples get married and me is still waiting for that damn NOA2.

How IS everybody? Happy Monday!

colinjess- SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! happy dance!

Hey, your the queen of page 112. Happy Monday! One day closer to NOA2.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh yes!!! One day closer to NOA2 and one day closer to my hottie coming here. yay!!!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Hey everyone,

Im hoping I can get some direction on some questions I have had in the back of my mind...whenever I ask my attorney, she says to wait and when the time comes we will take care of everything, but I like to do my research before hand...like the rest of you :yes:

I did post some of these questions in a different thread, but didn't get enough answers...so here goes:

1. My fiance is currently on a student visa in the UK, but he is a Pakistani citizen. When I filed the I-129F, I wrote: Islamabad, Pakistan for the embassy where he will apply for his K-1, but we decided a few weeks earlier to extend his student visa in the UK since he needs more time there...so I need to get the embassy changed from Islamabad to London. His residential/current address on the I-129F forms is his London address, so will this automatically send his stuff to London? I know that USCIS won't really care about this change, but NVC has to know because I don't want everything to go to the wrong embassy. Anyone have any ideas on how I can avoid everything going to the wrong embassy?

2. Will I be able to go to the London embassy with my fiance for the K-1 interview?

3. If going through the London embassy, will my fiance take his results to the interview or will the results be sent directly to the embassy?

4. About the I-134...my mother will be co-sponsoring since I am a F/T student. Will both my parents need to sign the I-134 and have their signatures notarized? My mother is co-sponsoring, not my father, but both are married and file joint tax returns.

5. And I am so confused about what needs to be notarized and what does not? A simple yes/no would be great:

-Proof of citizenship (Naturalization cert. copy) of mother to attach to I-134?

-Tax return copies that I will include with I-134?

-Fiance's copies of birth certificate/ passport copies?

6. Just for review...this is what I am preparing for proof of evidence for the interview, any comments appreciated!

-Album of pictures from all our trips and engagement ceremony (about 130 pics)

-Original evidence of all our trips (boarding passes, itineraries, ticket receipts, hotel reservation receipts, etc.)

-Email correspondence since day we met until present...(and continuing)

-All cards/letters mailed to each other

-Notarized letters from friends..."witnesses" during our trips

-Notarized letter from sister...about our engagement and plans

-Notarized updated letter of intents to marry, from both of us (I will date this to be recent when interview day comes along)

-Phone records...we will see how this works since my fiance calls me with calling cards and i have free incoming, so the #s dont necessarily match on the phone records, but still, I am going to add this

That's all the evidence I am planning on preparing for the interview...we do chat, but unfortunately we did not keep chat logs, so nothing to show there...

7. One last thing...since I am a full-time student, and my mother is co-sponsoring, I though to include notarized letters (one from me and one from my mother) explaining that I will be securing a F/T job in the near future and also explaining that my mother will be taking care of everything financially for a 7 year period (first she was writing that she was going to take care of everything indefinitely, as long as needed, but I thought it would be better to put a #, so that's why 7 year period), and I also am thinking to include my university schedule on official paper stating that I am a F/T student.

Any thoughts/comments will greatly be appreciated!

-MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
Igor's is now on a 6 month time frame, just like I thought it'd be (though I'm surprised it went all yesterday jacked up). 157 here, and while it's nice to see such a low number, I had kind of hoped to see where things sat using the 2-1 date since that has been our 'stable' benchmark all along, even if it was anoying to have a lot of extras, we also knew at about 100 a NOA2 was very likely to happen... hitting 100 isn't quite as likely to mean a NOA2 now and we get to learn the new likely to hit a NOA2 point.

VSC is not showing hardly any NOA2's again this week, I'm sure that through next week they'll pop up and at least get up to a 'bad rate of approvals' like last week but wow, I recommend VSC filers not even look at igor's approvals until they improve, it'd just too depressing (CSC on the other hand... is kickin ###).

what is igors list?

Timeline
Hey everyone,

Im hoping I can get some direction on some questions I have had in the back of my mind...whenever I ask my attorney, she says to wait and when the time comes we will take care of everything, but I like to do my research before hand...like the rest of you :yes:

I did post some of these questions in a different thread, but didn't get enough answers...so here goes:

1. My fiance is currently on a student visa in the UK, but he is a Pakistani citizen. When I filed the I-129F, I wrote: Islamabad, Pakistan for the embassy where he will apply for his K-1, but we decided a few weeks earlier to extend his student visa in the UK since he needs more time there...so I need to get the embassy changed from Islamabad to London. His residential/current address on the I-129F forms is his London address, so will this automatically send his stuff to London? I know that USCIS won't really care about this change, but NVC has to know because I don't want everything to go to the wrong embassy. Anyone have any ideas on how I can avoid everything going to the wrong embassy?

2. Will I be able to go to the London embassy with my fiance for the K-1 interview?

3. If going through the London embassy, will my fiance take his results to the interview or will the results be sent directly to the embassy?

4. About the I-134...my mother will be co-sponsoring since I am a F/T student. Will both my parents need to sign the I-134 and have their signatures notarized? My mother is co-sponsoring, not my father, but both are married and file joint tax returns.

5. And I am so confused about what needs to be notarized and what does not? A simple yes/no would be great:

6. Just for review...this is what I am preparing for proof of evidence for the interview, any comments appreciated!

-Original evidence of all our trips (boarding passes, itineraries, ticket receipts, hotel reservation receipts, etc.)

-Notarized updated letter of intents to marry, from both of us (I will date this to be recent when interview day comes along)

-Phone records...we will see how this works since my fiance calls me with calling cards and i have free incoming, so the #s dont necessarily match on the phone records, but still, I am going to add this

That's all the evidence I am planning on preparing for the interview...we do chat, but unfortunately we did not keep chat logs, so nothing to show there...

7. One last thing...since I am a full-time student, and my mother is co-sponsoring, I though to include notarized letters (one from me and one from my mother) explaining that I will be securing a F/T job in the near future and also explaining that my mother will be taking care of everything financially for a 7 year period (first she was writing that she was going to take care of everything indefinitely, as long as needed, but I thought it would be better to put a #, so that's why 7 year period), and I also am thinking to include my university schedule on official paper stating that I am a F/T student.

-MARM

I dont know if I know the answers to all your questions or any of them, but here is my opinion:

1) You will need to update the documents for USCIS - they wont know the embassy by the address, I think they will go by what you requested on the form.

2) You can go, but they probably wont let you in the interview. I have seen many posts about this, but it may depend on country you are in. Dont be supprised if you go and they dont let you in. But just being there is not a bad thing.

3) I dont understand your question.

4) I think one is enough.

5) My opinion: No, No and No.

-Proof of citizenship (Naturalization cert. copy) of mother to attach to I-134? She is Co-sponser, so I think her citizenship is not really relavant.

-Tax return copies that I will include with I-134? Nothing on I-134 says they need to be notorized, and it only mentions that you need to submit if you are self-employed. Since you are a student, maybe you need to submitt. For your mom, depending on if she is working or not (filing jointly with your dad), she would need to show Statement of employment with sufficient income. If she doesnt have on her own, then you would need your dad also.

-Fiance's copies of birth certificate/ passport copies? No. He will be at the interview, so he would have his stuff available.

6) I think your evidence looks good. Apparently the reciepts, plane tickets etc are really important. I think if you can correspond them with passport stamps to show you were together and pictures also, that should be very good. I have read some threads that many interviewers dont ask for any evidence at all, but I would prepare as you are doing just in case.

7) I wouldnt have your mom put just 7 years because it seems to complicate the situation. Maybe I am wrong here, but since you dont have a job and cant really prove that you will, it could open the door for them to say that you have insufficient support.

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Timeline
Igor's is now on a 6 month time frame, just like I thought it'd be (though I'm surprised it went all yesterday jacked up). 157 here, and while it's nice to see such a low number, I had kind of hoped to see where things sat using the 2-1 date since that has been our 'stable' benchmark all along, even if it was anoying to have a lot of extras, we also knew at about 100 a NOA2 was very likely to happen... hitting 100 isn't quite as likely to mean a NOA2 now and we get to learn the new likely to hit a NOA2 point.

VSC is not showing hardly any NOA2's again this week, I'm sure that through next week they'll pop up and at least get up to a 'bad rate of approvals' like last week but wow, I recommend VSC filers not even look at igor's approvals until they improve, it'd just too depressing (CSC on the other hand... is kickin ###).

what is igors list?

basically a list of VJ people with their timelines - easier to see what is happening with approval timelines. The link is:

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/default.aspx

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

what is igors list?

basically a list of VJ people with their timelines - easier to see what is happening with approval timelines. The link is:

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/default.aspx

awesome.. lol at least it gives me somthing else to watch:) actually november has gone by pretty quick but i think with the holiday coming up it will slow things down

Hey everyone,

-MARM

I dont know if I know the answers to all your questions or any of them, but here is my opinion:

1) You will need to update the documents for USCIS - they wont know the embassy by the address, I think they will go by what you requested on the form.

2) You can go, but they probably wont let you in the interview. I have seen many posts about this, but it may depend on country you are in. Dont be supprised if you go and they dont let you in. But just being there is not a bad thing.

3) I dont understand your question.

4) I think one is enough.

5) My opinion: No, No and No.

-Proof of citizenship (Naturalization cert. copy) of mother to attach to I-134? She is Co-sponser, so I think her citizenship is not really relavant.

-Tax return copies that I will include with I-134? Nothing on I-134 says they need to be notorized, and it only mentions that you need to submit if you are self-employed. Since you are a student, maybe you need to submitt. For your mom, depending on if she is working or not (filing jointly with your dad), she would need to show Statement of employment with sufficient income. If she doesnt have on her own, then you would need your dad also.

-Fiance's copies of birth certificate/ passport copies? No. He will be at the interview, so he would have his stuff available.

6) I think your evidence looks good. Apparently the reciepts, plane tickets etc are really important. I think if you can correspond them with passport stamps to show you were together and pictures also, that should be very good. I have read some threads that many interviewers dont ask for any evidence at all, but I would prepare as you are doing just in case.

7) I wouldnt have your mom put just 7 years because it seems to complicate the situation. Maybe I am wrong here, but since you dont have a job and cant really prove that you will, it could open the door for them to say that you have insufficient support.

Thanks Chuck and Grace! By #3) i meant whether the medical results will be given in a sealed envelope for my fiance to take with him to the embassy on the day of his interview or will the results be directly forwarded to the embassy without my fiance having to worry about it. And I think then for #7) I think I will just have my mother put "indefinitely" instead of 7 years.

Also...Good luck with your expedite!

you need to be posting that question on the main forum here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

It will get more exposure there than it will here, more people with experience that has been trhough this.

Goodluck

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

It will get more exposure there than it will here, more people with experience that has been trhough this.

Goodluck

Thanks SoInLove16, but I already did that...didn't get much attention there yet so I thought to drop my questions in here too...

Goodluck

Thanks SoInLove16, but I already did that...didn't get much attention there yet so I thought to drop my questions in here too...

I know who can help you, find this user PUSHBRK, he knows stuff, a lot.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

November has flown by pretty quick, and now the last week of november, aka the most AWESOME week is here... but work is stressin me out today, and I'm feeling really impatient for a NOA2. Still a month or more away most likely but I need some good news or at least to see some serious NOA2 action...

Luckily for me this week is pretty much 3 days of work and 5 days of weekend, that's like a vacation in itself, the only down side is that USCIS is probably going to get some holiday in there too instead of slavin away cranking out those NOA2's that we wanna see... I keep hoping to see a massive pile of approvals show up for last week though, single digit numbers on igor's are depressing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.