marizzacdo

Interview, Done!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Morning of August 5, at 7am was my interview schedule at USEM. I went there with Jennifer (gabrielle8). We were there an hour early. Weather is not good, it rains hard, we were standing at the waiting area like wet chicks. At about 6:30 or so, we were advised to get inside the embassy. Before that, of course we have to pass through the guard.

Requirement: 1 valid ID with the appointment letter from US Embassy.

Note: You have to go to the line based on what category you belong (K1, k3, etc). You are not allowed to bring cellphones or any electronic device with you.

After you pass through the guard, you still have to pass on security check on your personal things. Then, thats the time that you can get inside the main building of the USEM. From the entrance you have to turn left, just go staright. Anyway, there are guards in every corner, you can just ask them where to go.

We were directed to go to immigrant visa unit (i am a K1 beneficiary). Almost all applicants were directed on that unit regardless if they're K1, k3, tourist, family visa, etc. They serve on a first come first serve basis.

You are ask to prepare, 2 copies of your ds156, 2 copies of ds157 and 1 copy of ds156k, appointment letter, passport and medical result. ( For the majority including me, you dont have to worry about passport and medical result because St. Luke already forwarded it to them. Just tell them that your passport and medical result are at St. Luke, dont worry much or else you'll have heart attack, hahahah, joke) In case St. luke return to you your passport and medical result during your medical appointment, don't forget to bring that with you on your interview.

Important Reminders: Never leave any information blank on your DS forms to avoid delays. If you dont have answers to the questions asked, just write in, N/A or NONE.

After the DS Forms were checked, you will be given a priority #. After that, find place for you to sit down and pay attention to the # displayed on the screen.

Note: Always keep with you that # until you're done.

First step: You will be called for finger printing. (make sure finger is dry, just follow simple instruction)

2nd step : Your # will be flashed again for pre-screening.

On my case, i was assigned to a nice lady (pre-screener), she is not that very much friendly, but i found her very nice and very professional. i was asked a couple of questions like:

1. What's my name?

2. How old I am?

3. Who is my petitioner?

4. How old is he?

5. Where and when did i meet him?

6. How long do we know each other?

7. Did he came here to see me? When? for how long?

8. Is he married before?

9. Divorce? How many times?

10. Does he has any kids? how many?

11. How many times he came here in Philippines to see you?

12. Am i single?

13. Do i have any kids?

14. Am I working?

15. What course?

16. Did you travel abroad before?

After asking me those qeustions, she told me to give to her my birth certificate (NSO copy), NBI Clearance, CENOMAR. After she checked those documents she then asked me to provide her our proof of relationship, like, emails, chat logs, pictures of my fiance and I together. (Phone bills were not asked on me, she told me i will just present it to the consul in case it is needed together with some other proofs). After checking again those documents i handed, she then ask me to give to her the ITR with w2 and Affidavit of Support. After that, she advised me to sit down and wait til my name is called for consul interview.

When my # flashed on the screen for consul interview, i waited a couple of minutes til i was told to get inside the room. The consul assigned to me, was nice. And she didnt ask so much. My interview lasted in less than 1 minute only. Here are the questions asked as she also go over to our documents at the same time. Before that she told me to raised my right hand and do the swear: The questions are these:

1. what's my name?

2. Who is my petitioner?

3. Is he married before?

4. Divorce? How many times?

5. Does he has any kids? How many? How old are they?

6. Whats his job?

Then she told me, CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to US soon. You can now go outside and wait til your name is called for releasing and for you to pay Delbros for visa delivery. You speak good english. You are now approved. And she gave back to me, the pictures of my fiance and i together, emails and chatlogs. I told her, thank you with a big smile.

As i went out, about 2-3 minutes, "Releasing Section" called my name and the guy who is In-Charge only handed me the PINK SLIP!!!!!!!!!! yohooooooooooooooo, i was sooooooooooooo happy, and he again told me congratulations and he advised me to pay delbros for visa delivery.

After there, i went to delbros section, handed them the pink slip. Delbros give me 1 form to fill up. I paid them, only Php 250 for the delivery. I ask them why 250, in fact i am from the province, they said, for Cagayan de Oro City applicant they only let us pay the said amount, so that was the end of that big day!!!!!!!!!! Thank God....

weds.jpgIMG_0945.jpgDSC_6818.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

c.gifo.gifn.gifg.gifr.gifa.gift.gifs.gif

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THAT WAS SO EASY:) HOPE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR VISA SOON. WHAT STATE ARE YOU GOING?:)

hi rubchett, thank you. yeah, that was really very easy. Thank God , the consul didnt ask so much. My fiance is from Georgia. Kaw? I was really soooooooooo happy that day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
dog-congrats-cc.gif mariz im happy for you

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 04,2008-Sent AOS package

November 17,2008-NOA date

November 21,2008-recieved NOA hard copy by mail

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

November 26,2008- AOS touched (got emailed from CRIS)RFE on AOS

December 09,2008-RFE sent

January 8,2009 -AP approved

January 9,2009-EAD approved(status card production ordered)

January 15,2009- AP in the mailbox

February 14,2009 - EAD card in the mailbox..THANKS GOD..finally...

March 5,2009 - INTERVIEW AOS ( 1:30PM)

April 13,2009-welcome letter in the mailbox....

April 17,2009-GC recieved..Thank u LORD...

JEGO RYU CRBA

Sept.20,2007-sent papers to embassy

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

Jan.15,2008-recieved my son U.S passport and certificate(delivered by fedex

K1

Dec. 14,2007-sent pet.CSC

MAY 1,2008---NOA2 in email(THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Timeline

Thanks jego_ryu, jas noel, thes and rich, rubchett and yiyi and chris. I am very happy and thank God I'm done with my K-1 process. Hoping visa will be delivered soon. God bless us all. And good luck on our journey.

Timeline
Mariz Congrats!!! No hassle for DV...Wow!!! thats great only a week processing for ur docs.

Thank te Ninfa, oo nga, happy nga ako at ang dali lng ng DV ko.

Congrats sis!!bili ka na ng ticket mo nyan;) fly fly na...go go go go!!!

Thanks God's Girl, oo nga bili na kami ticket, baka August 15 flight ko, tingnan lng namin ng fiance ko. Thanks ha. God bless sa ating lahat. Good luck sa next journey natin. I'm glad tapos na kami sa K1 process.

Filed: Other Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THAT WAS SO EASY:) HOPE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR VISA SOON. WHAT STATE ARE YOU GOING?:)

hi rubchett, thank you. yeah, that was really very easy. Thank God , the consul didnt ask so much. My fiance is from Georgia. Kaw? I was really soooooooooo happy that day.

mARYLAND AKO, SA MAY TAAS PA... HOPE TO SEE U KAPAG NAGAWI KAYO DUN:)

99c6d6393e4b9293c9808d212bb81a54.gif

Happy trip soon Marriz.God Bless!!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.