lovelylili

AOS Interview Experience from Atlanta today-->

31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This building was impressive. The place was very modern, with plasma televisions, comfortable seating, and very clean restroom. I was glad to see that we would not be interviewing at your typical DMV type offices.

Now you know where your $1010 went. :lol:

Congrats on your approval.

One quick question, did they ask for medical, and the vaccination records? Isn't this sealed and submitted along with AOS application?

1/11/2008: Sent out AOS package and I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

1/13/2008: Package Received

1/17/2008: Checks Cashed

1/23/2008: Receive NOAs (I-130,I-485, AP and EAD) dated 1/16/2008

2/11/2008: Receive ASC Appointment Notice (I-485 and I-765) dated 2/1/2008

2/29/2008: Biometric Appointment

3/4/2008: AP touched - request for additional info

3/7/2008: EAD touched - Approved

3/12/2008: Receive EAD

3/15/2008: Receive I-512L x 2 - dated 3/4/2008

7/10/2008: Interview Letter Received

8/20/2008: AOS Interview and GC is approved!

8/27/2008: Receive welcome letter dated 8/21

8/30/2008: Receive my GC!

It is normally submitted when you send the original AOS package (we sent ours as instructed) but someone opens these packages up and they are suppose to be put in some type of order before the interviewing agent meets with you during the interview. Everything that we submitted was there, even the opened envelope that contained the medical that was sealed by the physician. It had been opened and the envelope had holes punched into it, and it was there, but the vaccination was lost. Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
This building was impressive. The place was very modern, with plasma televisions, comfortable seating, and very clean restroom. I was glad to see that we would not be interviewing at your typical DMV type offices.

Now you know where your $1010 went. :lol:

Congrats on your approval.

That's funny! We could pretend they gave us some of that back with the so called "Tax Rebate or Stimulus Check" :devil: we received this year.

I apologize if I am off topic...

Every day's a Holiday - Every meal's a feast - Every night is Saturday night!

Tanya 'n Rich

09-15-06 First online correspondence

10-07-06 First phone call (every Sat. since)

12-23-06 Holidays together in Siberia

to

01-03-07

01-04-07 morning & evening phone calls (short - привет/пока)

02-21-07 Return to Siberia

to (coldest temp and strongest winds I ever experienced :-o

03-04-07

Will File for K-1 upon return

03-12-07 K-1 Petition Sent from NYC to VSC

03-15-07 NOA1

03-20-07 Touched

04-09-07 NOA2!

04-10-07 Touched

04-11-07 NVC Received

04-17-07 NVC Forwarded I-129F to Moscow

05-07-07 Packet Received from Moscow

06-23-07 Traveled to Moscow for Interview

06-27-07 Interview

06-29-07 Visa Issued

07-05-07 Tanya, Sonya and Me Arrive in USA

07-06-07 Got our Marriage License!

09-01-07 Married!

-Having Fun-

02-22-08 Filed for AOS (My advice-Do NOT wait this long!!!)

09-09-08-Interview

09-16-08-Approved

10-03-08-Greencard Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations...I was very glad to see your review. My husband and I are waiting for our AOS interview or GC in Atlanta as well. I'm HOPING that we won't have an interview..but I know the chance is slim for that.

I have a question for you...what was the 'checklist' he marked off? Do you know what documents or items they were? That would be very helpful to know.

Dre

7/19/06 - Married in Medellin

9/4/06 - Submitted I-130

9/18/06 - NOA1 Recieved

9/25/06 - Submitted I-129F

9/27/06 - NOA1 Recieved

11/22/06 - NOA2 Recieved for BOTH I-129F & I-130(APPROVED!!!)

1/22/07 - 1st Interview in Bogota (221g Issued, new appointment scheduled)

02/16/07 - 2nd Interview (Visa Denied)

2/21/07 - Contacted Senator Saxby Chambliss GA for Assitance

7/23/07 - 3rd Interview - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

11/13/07 - POE - JFK

AOS...A new journey begins

2/7/08 - AOS Officially In Mail _ Overnight Mail to Chicgo

2/8/08 - Recieved in Chicago

2/14/08 - NOA1 Recieved

3/11/08 - Biometrics Appointment

4/11/08 - Recv'd Email - EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered

4/15/08 - Recv'd EAD Card, Applied for SS Card

4/21/08 - Recv'd SS Card

4/20/09 - Interview Date

6/12/09 - AOS Approved

7/25/09 - Received Green Card in Mail

4/23/11 - 2nd Interview - Approved Lifted Conditions

12/13/2012 - Naturalization Ceremony (FINALLY OVER)

The checklist that I mentioned looked very simple. Remember that I was looking at it upside down from across the other side of the desk, so I did not get a real good look at it, but I can tell you that it was 10-15 items on a blank sheet of paper, with each item double spaced between the next. If I were guessing it would be/look something like this.

Medical

Evidence

Name check

birth certificate

all pages signed

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

I think you get the picture. It was just a very simple looking piece of paper with simple words typed on it that he referenced as he went back and forth through all the paperwork in our file.

I think you will like the Atlanta Offices. Remember not to bring anything improper up to the security check-in, there is no reason to start the interview off the wrong way, and security will step on your toes if they need to, and they will not care one bit. Just don't give them the opportunity to make you more nervous than you already are. Leave everything you can in the car, and it will make that portion of the day that less stressful.

I hope this helps. Pachyderm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congrats on the Interview in ATL! Glad to know it went so well! Ours is in ATL this coming Tues! We are excited & Im sure we have everything we need! Thanks for giving us the details on what to do when you get there. Was it easy to find too? What questions about your relationship did he ask? Was the the middle aged white guy? THanks ! -Tam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

He asked very few questions, he was more of a paperwork guy, and he looked to make sure that everything was there, and everything was verified.

Google the address for USCIS in Atlanta and you cannot go wrong. I thought it was very easy to find.

There were several middle-aged interviewers, as well as several ladies. I am guessing there were about 5-6 working the appointments when we were there.

Good luck with your interview. Pachyderm

The checklist that I mentioned looked very simple. Remember that I was looking at it upside down from across the other side of the desk, so I did not get a real good look at it, but I can tell you that it was 10-15 items on a blank sheet of paper, with each item double spaced between the next. If I were guessing it would be/look something like this.

Medical

Evidence

Name check

birth certificate

all pages signed

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

I think you get the picture. It was just a very simple looking piece of paper with simple words typed on it that he referenced as he went back and forth through all the paperwork in our file.

I think you will like the Atlanta Offices. Remember not to bring anything improper up to the security check-in, there is no reason to start the interview off the wrong way, and security will step on your toes if they need to, and they will not care one bit. Just don't give them the opportunity to make you more nervous than you already are. Leave everything you can in the car, and it will make that portion of the day that less stressful.

That was incredibly helpful! Anything that helps demystify this whole process.

I can see also what they'd appreciate a well put together package. Makes everything clean and neat.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the approval

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I have my wife's interview coming up at the end of this month. I need some guidance from you guys regarding affidavit of support. At the time I sent AoS in April, I was on W-2 so I had attached last year's tax return, recent pay stubs, employer's letter and bank letter. However, I'm no longer on W-2 instead I'm self employed engaged in a contract with a same company.

Q1: Are they going to ask about latest financial and work info?

Q2: Can I just take the copy of AoS docs I sent and show them what ever is asked based on that? or do I need to take my recent invoices, checks etc..and explain all the what/why and hows?

Very smart to ask these questions now, instead of when you arrive for the interview.

Let me put it to you like this.

The money is THE most important aspect of the AOS. These people have been paid (and some paid very well) to make sure that these immigrants coming into the United States WILL NOT be a burden on the tax payers. It's that simple.

You must provide the evidence that shows your ability to provide income, and the income they will be looking at will be verifiable THAT DAY (interview day.) The affidavit of support in my opinion just gets your foot in the door, so the interview will be a formal legitimization of the money. If you are self employed, then you need to make sure you have documents that prove your earning income. If your wife is working, provide that. Some how, some way you must meet the monetary minimums, and this must be well documented for the interviewer to see that day.

Sorry to be blunt, but I was not trying to be rude. I was just trying to stress my point, and share with you my opinions of the experience that we have been through. I hope this helps. Pachyderm

Very well stated. There is an aurora of mystery around this whole process, and the interview experience really put it all into prospective for me. It's very simple, we like to complicate things in this life. A well put together packaged, that has been checked, re-checked, and checked again, and re-checked, and checked again will solve MOST of the problems that people face during the AOS. Man... I am so glad that I found this website. If I learned one thing as I was putting our package together, it was to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, and do not leave anything to chance. Make their job easy for them, you will only be helping yourself. I hope this helps- Pachyderm

Please see reply.

Medical

Evidence

Name check

birth certificate

all pages signed

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

That was incredibly helpful! Anything that helps demystify this whole process.

I can see also what they'd appreciate a well put together package. Makes everything clean and neat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks lovelylili,

It's just cumbersome having to get all the paperwork ready for the third time. First for the K3 interview, then for the AoS and now for the GC interview. I'm tired of this process and hadn't even looked at the interview letter that I received about a month ago until yesterday.

I have to get serious about it as time is running out and hope that the interview gets approved the first time.

Very smart to ask these questions now, instead of when you arrive for the interview.

Let me put it to you like this.

The money is THE most important aspect of the AOS. These people have been paid (and some paid very well) to make sure that these immigrants coming into the United States WILL NOT be a burden on the tax payers. It's that simple.

You must provide the evidence that shows your ability to provide income, and the income they will be looking at will be verifiable THAT DAY (interview day.) The affidavit of support in my opinion just gets your foot in the door, so the interview will be a formal legitimization of the money. If you are self employed, then you need to make sure you have documents that prove your earning income. If your wife is working, provide that. Some how, some way you must meet the monetary minimums, and this must be well documented for the interviewer to see that day.

Sorry to be blunt, but I was not trying to be rude. I was just trying to stress my point, and share with you my opinions of the experience that we have been through. I hope this helps. Pachyderm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.