ARAB WORLD FEST

54 posts in this topic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Thanks Terrie, I will bring a sweater. I can't wait to taste new foods!

Kel, see the wall in WOM's pic? Isn't that your last name on there? lol or maybe I need more coffee.

jJ

Could be LOL.

Actually, the names painted on the mural are the names of some of the Palestinian refugee camps.

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Guess who is off work Saturday & Sunday? ME ! Roadtrip!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Should I learn to bellydance? You can video it and we can post it here...lol...Oh they got debkah lesssons and HOOKAH!

Jackie

Edited: Malarie....what you doin on Saturday? Wanna go?

Man, I am jealous! I wish they had this in Ohio!! My hubby was a dancer in his younger years and is awesome at Dabkah and does a sexy male belly dance! ! I heard belly dancing is awesome for your ab muscles, they have lessons somewhere near my work! We are going to have to substitute the Arab Festival and go to the new Hookah/Sheesha bar tonight!

You girls have fun! I wished we lived closer and we would definately tag along!!! Smoke some apple for me jax!

Edited by Aymsgirl

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If my husband wants to go, we're there!!

let us know if you decide to come so we can all meet up. pm me for my cell!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Timeline

Terrie I will call you tonight after work. Mal...see you online later. I am soooo excited! I did not do much this summer and this is a perfect chance to make some memories. VJ meetups rock :thumbs:

I'm gonna smoke something! It may be apple, it may be exotic blends.. ;) Wish you could be there amal, I'll be thinking about ya!

And during my lesson in the bellydancing tent, I will be thinking about Noura. :luv: Should I learn to dabkah too?

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Terrie I will call you tonight after work. Mal...see you online later. I am soooo excited! I did not do much this summer and this is a perfect chance to make some memories. VJ meetups rock :thumbs:

I'm gonna smoke something! It may be apple, it may be exotic blends.. ;) Wish you could be there amal, I'll be thinking about ya!

And during my lesson in the bellydancing tent, I will be thinking about Noura. :luv: Should I learn to dabkah too?

sounds like a plan jackie. i may smoke something too(probably get dirty looks from hubby)!!! talk to you later.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Donnow about other Arab Fests but the ones in Detroit, MI yearly around June really suck! They do all this promotion, yet every year is the same unknown sucky singers and bellydancers, young Arab trying make the hijeb so "hype" (really hooker hijebis to me), the guys looking at them, American girls trying to pick up the Arab guys, tons of CD vendours and the bad food! After 4 years (4 tries) never went back since LOL! Is this one any better? Plz say YES!

PIx looked great Jackie! Sure you had a great time! Love the Miller lite advert LOL!

Edited by Henia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I went to a Arab culture day in San Franscisco about two years ago that wasn't too bad. It was more of an exhibition. There were a lot of booths with various information about different countries. You could buy arabic videos and cds and some of the booths. They had a room where some groups provided entertainment and there was some booths to buy arabic food. I mostly only saw arabs there with just some non-arabs. I thought it was fairly nice though not nearly as big as this Arab Fest Jackie and Terrie went to.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.