swdvp

K-1 Denied !!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Some confusion arises when this is referred to as a forum. It's a "thread" within the K3 forum, not a forum.

I think you know what this person met...so did everyone else. We got the drift. :wacko:

for real....... :thumbs:

Of course I knew what he meant. The newbie is the one who got confused because the thread was referred to as a forum.

I don't think he was confused by the difference between the words. I think he didn't know what the sawasdee "thread" was, and therefore asked what it was/for me to provide a link.

Thanks birch-beer and cham

Please don't confuse suggestions with criticizm. Life is just too short.

Pushbrk,

No one is confusing suggestions for criticism. I also want to point out I am in no way offended by your "suggestion" nor am I upset.

We understand you are very well informed on the whole visa situation, however there's no need to correct people on what they call a "thread" and a "forum", especially when everyone knows what I was talking about and really wouldn't get confused over switching the two words. It's just trivial.

I am not trying to start a war of words with you here, however making suggestions that have absolutely nothing to do with what the OP was asking just isn't necessary.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Some confusion arises when this is referred to as a forum. It's a "thread" within the K3 forum, not a forum.

I think you know what this person met...so did everyone else. We got the drift. :wacko:

for real....... :thumbs:

Of course I knew what he meant. The newbie is the one who got confused because the thread was referred to as a forum.

I don't think he was confused by the difference between the words. I think he didn't know what the sawasdee "thread" was, and therefore asked what it was/for me to provide a link.

Thanks birch-beer and cham

Please don't confuse suggestions with criticizm. Life is just too short.

Pushbrk,

No one is confusing suggestions for criticism. I also want to point out I am in no way offended by your "suggestion" nor am I upset.

We understand you are very well informed on the whole visa situation, however there's no need to correct people on what they call a "thread" and a "forum", especially when everyone knows what I was talking about and really wouldn't get confused over switching the two words. It's just trivial.

I am not trying to start a war of words with you here, however making suggestions that have absolutely nothing to do with what the OP was asking just isn't necessary.

I don't agree. You are assuming "everybody" knows you meant thread when you said forum. Anybody who knows the difference but is not familiar with the thread in question would naturally look for a forum, not a thread in the same forum. I do think there's a need to use correct terminology and to clarify what IS the correct terminology when it isn't used. If you don't want to be corrected, be correct.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If someone says "look in this forum" and the poster responds with "what forum?" it's understandable to believe that he/she was confused about the misused term.

That's all, really.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If someone says "look in this forum" and the poster responds with "what forum?" it's understandable to believe that he/she was confused about the misused term.

That's all, really.

:thumbs:

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

pushbrk,

You can argue this all you want alone. It seems you didn't understand me the first time when i clearly stated I have no problems/was not offended by your correction but that I just felt it was trivial given that I provided the name of the "thread" for the OP.

I will state again so that you can understand this; I am not offended and am not opposed to being corrected. However, when it comes to trivial things that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP's post, then I just don't see the need, especially given that I provided the name of the thread.

This discussion is finished on my end and I will not respond to further posts regarding this as it's not appropriate to clutter up this "thread" with useless talk about irrelevant matters. The OP's visa was just denied, and he needs information on what he can do, not an argument between two visajourney members debating the importance of the use of the word forum and thread.

Good luck to you on your visa process, wherever that may be, and have a good rest of the day.

That's all, really.

Gemmie,

I told the OP to post his question in the sawasdee forum. He asked me what the sawasdee forum is and asked me to provide a link. I did so, and that was that. I don't think he was confused over the use of the word "forum" as opposed to thread. I think he was just confused about what the sawasdee thread was, and where he could find it. That's all. I'm sure it had nothing to do with him trying to find a "forum" over a thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Isn't it actually the K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion forum? There is a K-3 Spouse General Discussion forum, but that is not where the SAWASDEE 2 thread is located.

Just wanting to make sure there isn't any further confusion.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Isn't it actually the K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion forum? There is a K-3 Spouse General Discussion forum, but that is not where the SAWASDEE 2 thread is located.

Just wanting to make sure there isn't any further confusion.

haha, you're correct roi aggie :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.