amal

Sunday

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
:dance: I want to get touched again!...come on USCIS..feel me up and down! Let's go! :dance:

If I get touched again tommorrow,,,Rajaa will call me cuz my mean work won't let me play on the internets.

Boo Work... n YAY Rajaa! :dance:

BTW---internet on my phone solved that! LOL YAY!!

I can get on yahoo messenger on my phone and check my email, but it will not do everything :(

Sorry Olivia, I had hoped they gave you some medicine that would really help. Hopefully you get better soon.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Soon I will be buying a newer vehical. I currently have a paid for '99 Kia SUV that Adam will be getting when he is able to drive on his own and Im looking into getting something smaller for myself now. Im very interested in a KIA car or a Toyota car. Does any one have any pros or cons with those kinds? Any suggestions? Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
Soon I will be buying a newer vehical. I currently have a paid for '99 Kia SUV that Adam will be getting when he is able to drive on his own and Im looking into getting something smaller for myself now. Im very interested in a KIA car or a Toyota car. Does any one have any pros or cons with those kinds? Any suggestions?

My cousin bought a brand new KIA a few years back. It fell apart within one year and the dealership refused to fix it. She had a hard time trading it in too. No one wanted it. Not sure if they got better since then.

I prefer Honda myself. Great reliability, not too expensive to fix and some of the best gas mileage around. There are probably other good models out there too. I've just stayed with Honda since 2002 and haven't bothered to check into anything else since I made the switch.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Soon I will be buying a newer vehical. I currently have a paid for '99 Kia SUV that Adam will be getting when he is able to drive on his own and Im looking into getting something smaller for myself now. Im very interested in a KIA car or a Toyota car. Does any one have any pros or cons with those kinds? Any suggestions?

I'd totally go with a Honda Civic - it gets about 30 -40 mpg. It keeps its value and runs forever normally.

Timeline

I'd totally go with a Honda Civic - it gets about 30 -40 mpg. It keeps its value and runs forever normally.

I love mine. I get better gas mileage than everyone I know.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I love mine. I get better gas mileage than everyone I know.

We have an Accord and I love it...great gas mileage and all...but if you can get by with something a little smaller like a Civic, I'd go with that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was told that Hondas have bad engines? or was that transmissions? One or the other... but maybe theres not much truth to that? And there wasnt a specific kind of Honda stated ... just a general statement made to me... plus they are high theft around here... not my favorite pick!
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
I was told that Hondas have bad engines? or was that transmissions? One or the other... but maybe theres not much truth to that? And there wasnt a specific kind of Honda stated ... just a general statement made to me... plus they are high theft around here... not my favorite pick!

I've had many friends with Hondas and never seen this. I've owned two Hondas myself and not seen any problems. I wonder where they got that from. Yet if you have problems with high theft of Hondas then maybe it is better to pick something else.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love my Toyota Camry and it gets good mileage. My mom has one too and we both give it a super :thumbs: . If you want something a little smaller, check into the Corolla or the Scion. There's another small model that I can't remember the name of.... Toyota is great on maintainence and keeps their value for the most part. :star: :star: :star: TOYOTA :star: :star: :star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

What crazy person would say that Hondas have bad engines????

I've got a 1998 Civic--it has NEVER, I repeat NEVER had any issues besides regular maintenance (oil, brakes, battery). I'm not even very good about changing the oil!

I hear you about the thefts--seems that people like to soup Hondas up for street racing. My solution: get one that looks really boring...who in their right mind would want to soup up a 4 door dark green sedan? Cars get stolen all the time in my neighborhood, but mine hasn't been touched--I think people just don't notice it.

If you don't want a Honda, Toyotas are also great. My neighbor has a little Matrix hatchback that is super cute and probably gets fabulous mileage.

Or, my old favorite, the Suzuki Swift (basically the same as a Geo Metro)--I had that car before the Honda--it was the cheapest car around ($6500 brand new) and got 45-50 MPG! It was my first car and was very good to me. I guess that Geo Metros are now in high demand on Ebay.

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:luv: AWEEEEEEEEE! Baby giggles make me do cartwheels! :luv:

:luv: Me tooo! I needed that this morning :luv:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chryslers/plymouthers have bad transmissions and tend to need total redo after 100k. Hondas are one of the best. Kia is now owned by hyundai as opposed to a few years ago. Hyundai is like honda basically, but cheaper at this point. Hondas last forever and hold a good value because they don't break down as much. I've heard good things about Hyundai and kia (now that it's owned by them).

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.