mynlal

i751 interview / evidence

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi i filed for i751 in mar 07 and received RFE on feb 2008, after that case was transfered to local office for interview, i have my interview coming up shortly. We lived 3 years and 9 months together, I have enough evidence of our bonafide marraige like trip to her family together, our marraige pictures, marraige pics of my cousin where we went together. also we went to baseball games and just pics in general with my family. I have tax transcripts from 04,05,06 and 07 with joint tax status. I recenty moved to another city because of job like 2 months ago. Our marraige is liitle shaky since then. She is coming to interview with me but i dont know if weshould tell our adjudicator about me working in diff city and also about lately in our marraige. We still care for each other and love each other. Should i disclose that in my interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Honesty is still, and always will be, the best policy.

You don't have to show that you are currently a happily married couple. Though that would help, it is not what they are looking for. You only need to show that you entered into the marriage in "good faith" and did not, or are not, commiting marriage fraud.

It is up to the USCIS to prove otherwise.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

You don't have to show that you are currently a happily married couple. Though that would help, it is not what they are looking for. You only need to show that you entered into the marriage in "good faith" and did not, or are not, commiting marriage fraud.

There is actually a case of a person over here that they were in divorce proceedings and they disclose it and even so she got approved.

I think the best policy is that you two are through rough times but you still care for each other, that says a lot.

Be natural...and my advice is never give more than necessary but you must be natural, so if you feel that in the case it might get the impression that you are "covering up" the appearances, to say that you two are having a rough time and have spend to time in separation status...but still care for each other, I don't see major problem BUT you know it will really depends on the adjudicator that you will get.

Good luck.

Please help, do you think this evidence is enough

* Joint tax returns for past 4 years

* Marraige pictures, general pictures and pictures of when i visited her family in CA

* Lease papaers since 2004

* Bank statements

* Joint Car insurance since 2005

* Health insurance

* Electric bills (only in my name)

* Cable bills (only in my name)

* Cellphone bill ( under her name only)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

* Marraige pictures, general pictures and pictures of when i visited her family in CA

* Bank statements

* Health insurance

Look pretty good, but I don't think you need to send the bills that only have your/your wife name.

I-751 Process

05/01/08 Sent I-751 Package to TSC

05/07/08 Checks Cashed

05/15/08 CRI89 transferred to VSC

05/21/08 NOA Date

05/28/08 Biometrics

12/24/08 The Application transferred to the USCIS Memphis Sub Office

01/22/09 Contact USCIS about the case

04/08/09 Got email about Card Production Ordered

04/11/09 Received Approval Letter by Mail

04/16/09 Received 10 years Green Card

Naturalization

08/10/09 Sent N-400 package

08/13/09 Check cashed

08/17/09 Received NOA

08/29/09 Received Biometric appointment Letter

09/04/09 Biometric

09/21/09 Received Interview Letter

11/06/09 Interview

12/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing

03/10/10 Applied US Passport (Normal)

03/25/10 Received US Passport

03/27/10 Received Naturalization Certificate

* Bank statements

* Health insurance

Look pretty good, but I don't think you need to send the bills that only have your/your wife name.

If they show common residence, they are useful. Absolutely.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

* Bank statements

* Health insurance

Send anything that shows both of your ties to one specific address - evidence is evidence and the more the better!

• 1 year later...

i have a question this is the list i have to proof my marriage was in goog faith

1-car insurance

2. Copy of Green Card, front and back

3. Tax returns 2008

4-pictures of marriage

5 pictures vacations

6 dental insurance

7 credic card

8 mail to the same addrees her and i

9 deeds both names

10 life insurance

11 and affidavits from friends notarized

12 tickets for the the trip we did

13 membership in the gym

14 health insurance

15- videos wedding

m confuse withh the bills before i got here my wife have her own house and the bill come to her name so she ssuport me for 6 or seven months before i start work so i bring her checks we use to live in thhe same house and when i got pay i try helper with paid bills espences cable,water, insurance ,gas, cellp,so i dont know if is a problem put in the listt copys of tthe check s fron my account to her name with my and her address thanks for the advice

thats the only i have and waith for the divorse decree

do you think everything is okay thank you for your advice,ahh

i need a example of my own affidavit can somebody can help me o bring me advice how write a letter

There is actually a case of a person over here that they were in divorce proceedings and they disclose it and even so she got approved.

I think the best policy is that you two are through rough times but you still care for each other, that says a lot.

Be natural...and my advice is never give more than necessary but you must be natural, so if you feel that in the case it might get the impression that you are "covering up" the appearances, to say that you two are having a rough time and have spend to time in separation status...but still care for each other, I don't see major problem BUT you know it will really depends on the adjudicator that you will get.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.