Phuong

I-512L Questions

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

Now that I have received the approved I-512L letter for my wife. I have a few questions that I hope my fellow VJ members can help me answer.

1. From her original application, I-131, we stated that we applied for advanced parole with the intention of traveling back to VN this coming Christmas through early Jan. '09. Now, do we really have to go back to VN around this timeframe? Airfares are extremely expensive around this time. As a matter of fact, airfare for mid-November is much cheaper - like $500 - $600 less per ticket. I am planning on leaving around November due to the lower airfare. Will this be a problem? The I-512L says it's valid until July of '09, so I don't think I will have a problem, but just wanted to make sure.

2. What other documents will my wife need to bring during the trip? Naturally, the Passport, US issued Visa (will expire by then), completed I-94 from April of this year, and the two original approved I-512L, but is there anything else I need?

3. The US issued K1 Visa that my wife got will expire in Sept. 2008 (The exact date for this visa is 4/2/08 - 9/20/08). Will this be a problem? Again, I don't think so, as my impression is that this approved advanced parole document is like a replacement for the issued visa in term of getting back into the US.

4. Can my wife travel to other countries, like Canada and/or Mexico, with this advanced parole during its valid period - now until July of '09?

5. Finally, is there a limit as to how many times I can use this document to get back into the country (US)?

Thanks for all your help.

Phuong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.