Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
GFL: I start on Tuesday, plus next week I have another job interview for a second part time job. With God's grace and love I'll get another part time job.... :thumbs::dance:

Yes you will. :thumbs:

I'm working on my resume now and searching for jobs .. while highly hoping to get an EAD card in the mail soon.

Thanks GFL. I'll pray for you today at church.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
@SHINING ANGEL...I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't have any experience of my own and I can only begin to imagine how you most feel. The important thing right now is that you have your husband and you can get through the hard time together. I'll pray for you both.

Thank you weedebz. I cried my heart out these past few days. I'm feeling better now and my cramps are gone now.

Received hubby's AP in the mail today, no update or CRIS e-mail it just arrived in the mail. I'm praying the EAD will also make an apperance

NO AP or EAD news here. I hope that they give me AOS approval instead :)

Shining Angel... So sorry to hear about your loss...

Received AP in the mail today. Finally registered our info into the USCIS system. Figured it wasn't worth it til now. Didn't want to freak out and check it every damn day. No touch on EAD since 9/5/08! WHAT??? Our AOS was touched more recently, 10/2. Ugh! Hopefully soon.

David can NOT wait to go to work... Bored, bored, bored.

I am bored too, no touches or anything whatsoever.

I got my SS card this morning in the mail.

CONGRATS JJ :)

I'm going to get my DL on Monday first thing in the morning...Went shopping today since I'm a Gap employee I get 50% discount...

i want to give u money and shop for me JJ. hehehe.

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

It's valid for work with DHS Auth ;) I just need the EAD :rolleyes:

At this point even seeing it online would be a bonus... I mean - I am still half expecting an RFE for a) not having had the HPV vaccine, B) not getting the 3025 (or whatever) transcribed and c) there's bound to be something else...!!

Would have thought I would get one by now if I was going to though but don't want to get my hopes up :lol:

When did you do your exam? Did you do after they started requiring HPV?

I had the medical after the HPV vaccine had been introduced but before the cut-off date for it being specifically required (I think it was June 1st or something? My med was in April). So while it was *technically* required, someone found information on the USCIS site that said it was only required if you had had your medical after the cutoff date...

We figured we would take the chance on saving some money - I turn 27 in February so it kinda sucks anyway... at this rate, if we get an RFE for it I would be tempted to wait :whistle:

Oh - still nothing online as if it needs to even be said now :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

just an update... got my AP yesterday... 2 same copies... hope august filers will get good news soon... goodluck everyone... EAD is coming hopefully next week as they approved it along with AP on same date...

:thumbs:

MY TIMELINE

08-22-08 Date filed AOS/AP/EAD

08-26-08 Received 3 NOA's

09-03-08 Received Biometrics Appmt. dated 09-18-08

09-18-08 Biometrics at Columbus Ohio 11am (went smooth)

10-21-08 CRIS AP approval notice sent

10-21-08 CRIS EAD card production ordered

10-25-08 Received AP in mail

10-29-08 Received EAD in mail

11-20-08 Received notice in mail case transferred to CSC dated Nov. 14

GFL: I start on Tuesday, plus next week I have another job interview for a second part time job. With God's grace and love I'll get another part time job.... :thumbs::dance:

I'm working on my resume now and searching for jobs .. while highly hoping to get an EAD card in the mail soon.

Thanks JJ. I always pray for you too.

At this point even seeing it online would be a bonus... I mean - I am still half expecting an RFE for a) not having had the HPV vaccine, B) not getting the 3025 (or whatever) transcribed and c) there's bound to be something else...!!

Would have thought I would get one by now if I was going to though but don't want to get my hopes up :lol:

I had the medical after the HPV vaccine had been introduced but before the cut-off date for it being specifically required (I think it was June 1st or something? My med was in April). So while it was *technically* required, someone found information on the USCIS site that said it was only required if you had had your medical after the cutoff date...

We figured we would take the chance on saving some money - I turn 27 in February so it kinda sucks anyway... at this rate, if we get an RFE for it I would be tempted to wait :whistle:

I think it was August actually .. cuz I did the same thing. Did the exam right before the cut off date so I didn't have to pay extra $ for it. Even though I think we should all have it. I probably will later, but now I am out of health insurance.

I am not really concerned about it to be honest with it you. I didn't even think about that. I think we will be fine. Have a feeling we will be getting some good news this week.

just an update... got my AP yesterday... 2 same copies... hope august filers will get good news soon... goodluck everyone... EAD is coming hopefully next week as they approved it along with AP on same date...

Happy for you Caracai. You plan on traveling soon?

Edited by GFL

08/12/08 - Mailed application to CSC (I-485/I-765/I-130)

08/14/08 - CSC received application (confirmed via online signature)

08/21/08 - Notice date by USCIS

08/25/08 - Received NOA1

08/29/08 - Notice of Rejection of 797C Fee (Sent in extra money - money order mailed back.)

Fee waived for I-765 application when filed concurrently with I-130 and I-485.

08/30/08 - Biometrics Apt Notice received

09/13/08 - Biometrics completed and picture taken

11/05/08 - EAD card production ordered

11/07/08 - Received I-485 Interview letter

11/10/08 - EAD card production ordered (again)

11/13/08 - EAD approval notice sent

11/14/08 - EAD arrived in the mail

11/21/08 - I-130 touched and I-485 finally shows up online

12/08/08 - Interview for GC - RFE requested :-(

01/02/09 - Response from RFE received (Form G-56/Call-in Notice Appointment)

01/16/09 - Second Appointment to review application -- APPROVED! :-))) YAY!!!

01/16/09 - AOS card production ordered - E-mail from CRIS

01/22/09 - AOS card production ordered (again) - E-mail from CRIS

01/23/09 - AOS touched

01/24/09 - Received Welcome to the United States letter and approval notice for I-130

01/28/09 - AOS Approval Notice sent - E-mail from CRIS

01/29/09 - AOS touched

01/30/09 - GC arrived in the mail

11/16/10 - Form I-751 filed (Petition for Removal of conditions)

11/19/10 - Application received at VSC

Good luck to you all!! God bless you.

I think the vaccine itself is great but it is not allowed to be given to women 27+ so as I am almost that age I see little point - I agree that for younger women and girls it is a great idea albeit on the NHS ;)

Updated caracai's AP receipt on the spreadsheet as well :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

Thanks JJ. I always pray for you too.

I think it was August actually .. cuz I did the same thing. Did the exam right before the cut off date so I didn't have to pay extra $ for it. Even though I think we should all have it. I probably will later, but now I am out of health insurance.

I am not really concerned about it to be honest with it you. I didn't even think about that. I think we will be fine. Have a feeling we will be getting some good news this week.

Happy for you Caracai. You plan on traveling soon?

Yes GFL, i will be travelling back to my hometown soon and so excited bout it... it's been awhile and i miss my family so much... goodluck on your aos.. hope we'll get a letter for interview soon... or better yet just a transfer case at CSC so 90% no interview will be conducted...

I think the vaccine itself is great but it is not allowed to be given to women 27+ so as I am almost that age I see little point - I agree that for younger women and girls it is a great idea albeit on the NHS ;)

Updated caracai's AP receipt on the spreadsheet as well :D

thanks for updating jeraly... how about yours? did you ever get any emails at all? well don't worry it will just come in your mail.. trust those who experienced without any touches but just came to their mails...

MY TIMELINE

08-22-08 Date filed AOS/AP/EAD

08-26-08 Received 3 NOA's

09-03-08 Received Biometrics Appmt. dated 09-18-08

09-18-08 Biometrics at Columbus Ohio 11am (went smooth)

10-21-08 CRIS AP approval notice sent

10-21-08 CRIS EAD card production ordered

10-25-08 Received AP in mail

10-29-08 Received EAD in mail

11-20-08 Received notice in mail case transferred to CSC dated Nov. 14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone!

i got two questions. someone might have asked these questions before but i cant find the topic.

i'd appreciate it if someone can explain these to me.

thank you.

1. Since our AOS application is pending and if we are asked "are you a legal resident of USA", can we say YES even without the GC?

im asking because i'm filing up the online application for a driver's license and the first quetsion is "are you a legal resident of Florida"

2. are spouses adjusting from a K1 visa considered immigrants or non-immigrants?

thanks again. :-)

AOS

5/28/08 - POE San Francisco

6/6/08 - Married

07/12/08 - received SS card

08/08/08 - sent AOS and EAD application

08/11/08 - delivered at Chicago

8/18/08 - received NOA for AOS and EAD (dated 8/14/08)

08/23/08 - received Bio Appt Letter for 09/06/08

8/28/08 - walked-in for Biometrics

9/18/08- case transferred to California. (i485 viewable online)

Oct 3,6,7, 2008 - i485 touched

10/13/08 - EAD card ordered for production

10/16/08 - EAD card ordered for production again (??)

10/21/08 - EAD approval letter sent

10/22/08 - EAD card in hand!

10/27/08 - temporary driver's license (waiting on card..)

10/30/08 - Job offer :-)

11/03/08 - First day at work! whoohoo!!

11/22/08 - received drivers license card

01/12/08- AOS touched after 3 months

02/18/09 - GC production ordered!!!

Timeline
hi everyone!

i got two questions. someone might have asked these questions before but i cant find the topic.

thank you.

1. Since our AOS application is pending and if we are asked "are you a legal resident of USA", can we say YES even without the GC?

im asking because i'm filing up the online application for a driver's license and the first quetsion is "are you a legal resident of Florida"

2. are spouses adjusting from a K1 visa considered immigrants or non-immigrants?

1. No, you're not legal until you have your EAD with SSN or GC. (depends what docs the State asks for)

2. Inmigrants

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone!

thank you.

1. No, you're not legal until you have your EAD with SSN or GC. (depends what docs the State asks for)

2. Inmigrants

Thanks Johnnie!

i have my ead and ssn. im going to dmv tomorrow :-)

AOS

5/28/08 - POE San Francisco

6/6/08 - Married

07/12/08 - received SS card

08/08/08 - sent AOS and EAD application

08/11/08 - delivered at Chicago

8/18/08 - received NOA for AOS and EAD (dated 8/14/08)

08/23/08 - received Bio Appt Letter for 09/06/08

8/28/08 - walked-in for Biometrics

9/18/08- case transferred to California. (i485 viewable online)

Oct 3,6,7, 2008 - i485 touched

10/13/08 - EAD card ordered for production

10/16/08 - EAD card ordered for production again (??)

10/21/08 - EAD approval letter sent

10/22/08 - EAD card in hand!

10/27/08 - temporary driver's license (waiting on card..)

10/30/08 - Job offer :-)

11/03/08 - First day at work! whoohoo!!

11/22/08 - received drivers license card

01/12/08- AOS touched after 3 months

02/18/09 - GC production ordered!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just update. Received in the mail AP Friday and EAD Saturday,

=== AOS Timeline ===

26-Jul-2008 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago by Priority Mail

28-Jul-2008 - Received in Chicago

30-Jul-2008 - Application returned for Check dated in future :-( and old I-765 form

09-Aug-2008 - Sent app. with corrected I-765 and corrected Check to Chicago by Priority Mail

11-Aug-2008 - Received in Chicago

15-Aug-2008 - NOA (I-131, I-485, I-765, I-130,

18-Aug-2008 - Touched (I-130, I-131)

20-Aug-2008 - NOA (Biometric Appointment for 10-Sep-2008)

02-Sep-2008 - RFE (W2, Birth Certificate, I-693 Medical & Vaccination)

10-Sep-2008 - Biometric Appointment, Seattle

10-Sep-2008 - Touched (I-485, I-765)

12-Sep-2008 - Medical Exam

28-Sep-2008 - Sent RFE response by Priority Mail

01-Oct-2008 - RFE response delivered shown by USPS tracking info

02-Oct-2008 - RFE response, appeared online as being received

17-Oct-2008 - Employment Card Production Order

20-Oct-2008 - AP Document approval mailed

24-Oct-2008 - AP Document received in mail

25-Oct-2008 - EAD received in mail

06-Nov-2008 - Interview Letter received dated 03-Nov-2008

09-Dec-2008 - Interview

24-Dec-2008 - Received email of Card Production Ordered on Dec 23

02-Jan-2009 - Received approval notice of permanent residency and welcome notice

05-Jan-2009 - Received Permanent Resident Card in mail

---

Just update. Received in the mail AP Friday and EAD Saturday,

Congrats! Still nothing here :(

"Love Will Find A Way <3"

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/02/2008 -- Checks cashed!!

09/03/2008 -- NOA1 received for I-485, I-130 and I-765.

09/05/2008 -- Case is shown online as pending!!

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/20/2008 -- RFE for I-485 received. It was dated September 17.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

10/02/2008 -- RFE response evidence received and case processing resumed!

11/04/2008 -- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Thank you Lord.

11/10/2008 -- EAD card received in the mail! wOOt wOOt!!!!

11/12/2008 -- SSN ordered from Hackensack, 2-4 weeks in mail!

11/28/2008 -- SSN Received in the mail, wOOt!!!!!!!!

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

2/19/2009 -- Interview 8:30am - Green Card verbally approved

2/23/2009 -- Welcome letter received! followed by I-130 approval notice!

Filed: Timeline

Hang in there Hydey -- it's comming. Prayers for all as we start this new week.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Well I just came from the MVC and I failed my DL by 2 damn points! I have to wait until next week to re-take the test. :wacko::angry::wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Well I just came from the MVC and I failed my DL by 2 damn points! I have to wait until next week to re-take the test. :wacko::angry::wacko:

That sucks...how many questions did they ask? I"m waiting on my ssn so i can go and take the test...

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.