Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

SEMPER FIDELIS

" Always Faithful "

We're the Few, The Proud, The Marines............................

Nice way to go........... :thumbs:

Hey Johnnie J,

Do you know the timeframe for being scheduled for an interview at the Mount Laurel office in NJ?

I have no clue to be honest...apparently the USCIS site hasn't gotten any updates since July 31st....

The website was updated for August 31st on Oct 19.

8/04/08-AOS sent

2/26/09-Interview

3/06/09-Welcome notice

3/11/09-Received 10 YR GC

2/27/12-Apply for Naturalization

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The website has been updated...Mount Laurel, NJ is working on Jan 18, 2008 and Newark, NJ is at Feb 17, 2008

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone! i am so happy that i am able to see my AP online and is moving... the EAD sais "card production ordered" wait for 30 days for your card to be mailed to you... oh my God i can't believe it! After almost 2 months of waiting and seeing it always as "case received and pending" til yesterday... When i checked again today, it got touched and the AP sais "notice approval sent"...wow! i am sooooo happy and ready to go home soon... Well, i called USCIS yesterday and request to expedite my AP, she was very polite and asked all my receipt number and then said to wait for 5 days to get it on mail... wow! that was fast! i just expedited my AP through phone and it was a SUCCESS!!! woohoo... so whoever of you their guys waiting for their AP and EAD, don't worry it will come or better yet try to call USCIS and just hope that the representative will be as nice as ours... Good luck to all August filers... 2 down and 1 to go..my AOS which hasn't touched but i understand coz i know it will take 6 months before getting an interview notice if not transferred to CSC...

TIMELINE

08-22-08 Date filed AOS/AP/AD

08-26-08 Received 3 NOA's

09-03-08 Received Biometrics Appmt. dated 09-18-08

09-18-08 Biometrics at Columbus Ohio 11am (went smooth)

10-21-08 CRIS AP approval notice sent

10-21-08 CRIS EAD card production ordered

and now waiting for it in the mail...

:dance::dance::dance: Goodluck August AOS filers!!!!

MY TIMELINE

08-22-08 Date filed AOS/AP/EAD

10-25-08 Received AP in mail

10-29-08 Received EAD in mail

11-20-08 Received notice in mail case transferred to CSC dated Nov. 14

Guys

So according to the uscis website my EAD was approved on October 7.

Right now online status is "On October 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION"

I haven't received anything in the mail however I moved a couple of weeks ago.

I did the whole mail-forwarding thing and I called uscis to let them know my new address.

Is there any chance of my EAD being lost somewhere in the mail? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
hello everyone! i am so happy that i am able to see my AP online and is moving... the EAD sais "card production ordered" wait for 30 days for your card to be mailed to you... oh my God i can't believe it! After almost 2 months of waiting and seeing it always as "case received and pending" til yesterday... When i checked again today, it got touched and the AP sais "notice approval sent"...wow! i am sooooo happy and ready to go home soon... Well, i called USCIS yesterday and request to expedite my AP, she was very polite and asked all my receipt number and then said to wait for 5 days to get it on mail... wow! that was fast! i just expedited my AP through phone and it was a SUCCESS!!! woohoo... so whoever of you their guys waiting for their AP and EAD, don't worry it will come or better yet try to call USCIS and just hope that the representative will be as nice as ours... Good luck to all August filers... 2 down and 1 to go..my AOS which hasn't touched but i understand coz i know it will take 6 months before getting an interview notice if not transferred to CSC...

TIMELINE

I don't want to be negative. I hope you get it in mail soon. It takes up to 11 days after card production to get in mail. However, yes i did experience the dreaded thing. I never moved from my address. I received each and every single paper from USCIS in mail and all the other mails. But guess what i never got my EAD in mail. And after repeated calls to USCIS, i was told to wait 30 days before they can do anything about it. Then after 30 days they told me its considered lost in mail and so i need to re-apply!!!! I re-applied with full fee and then they approved it after another 2 and half months. ANd the fuckest thing wasa that when i got the new EAD card the validity date on it was from the first time when it was approved. So basically i was deprived of work for almost 4 months that my EAD was valid. I hope no one has to go through the ordeal that i went through to get my EAD.

TIMELINE

Oops !! i accidentally sent the reply to someone else.

I don't want to be negative. I hope you get it in mail soon. It takes up to 11 days after card production to get in mail. However, yes i did experience the dreaded thing. I never moved from my address. I received each and every single paper from USCIS in mail and all the other mails. But guess what i never got my EAD in mail. And after repeated calls to USCIS, i was told to wait 30 days before they can do anything about it. Then after 30 days they told me its considered lost in mail and so i need to re-apply!!!! I re-applied with full fee and then they approved it after another 2 and half months. ANd the fuckest thing wasa that when i got the new EAD card the validity date on it was from the first time when it was approved. So basically i was deprived of work for almost 4 months that my EAD was valid. I hope no one has to go through the ordeal that i went through to get my EAD.

Timeline

TIMELINE

TIMELINE

Oops !! i accidentally sent the reply to someone else.

is that so?:o my gosh! i hope it won't happen to me... i am ready to go for a vacation and after that apply for work... it's just so sad that this sometimes happen but i do hope i'm on exception but i must admit it made me feel a lil scared... i won't be so confident til i have it in hand... i'm sorry this had happened to you... i don't know who'se fault it was ..was it the post mailman or USCIS itself... well goodluck for me on my papers to be delivered without problems... i'm crossing my fingers...

but then again i wish August Aos filers will get theirs soon...

MY TIMELINE

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi guyz:

I have a quick question about AOS interview. Does the notice of interview come both to the lawyer and the applicant or to applicant only and second does it come in A USCIS envelope or plain envelope like EAD. Any one who had their interview kindly advise, esp from Mount laurel NJ.

Thanks

TIMELINE

First of all, congratulations. But exactly where did you call and how did you substantiate the expedition of your case ? I filed my AOS/AP/EAD package on August 27, had an RFE in the meantime but already got transferred to CSC. However, no news on the (for me most pressuring) AP application yet. The EAD I don't really need as of now, but the AP is important since I want to visit my family as soon as possible.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

TIMELINE

First of all, congratulations. But exactly where did you call and how did you substantiate the expedition of your case ? I filed my AOS/AP/EAD package on August 27, had an RFE in the meantime but already got transferred to CSC. However, no news on the (for me most pressuring) AP application yet. The EAD I don't really need as of now, but the AP is important since I want to visit my family as soon as possible.

Daniel

Give it another two weeks and your AP will be approved. It might take another week to get it. I estimate about 3 weeks total when you get it. EAD should just be a week later. But this is just guessing on my part. Since you had RFE things might take a little longer.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Bleh, still nothing online or anything. Getting frustrating.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Timeline
TIMELINE

wow..that was really fast for you...congrats..im wondering about my papers. we filed august 8 and still no news about it.

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Timeline

Daniel

hi daniel,

thank you... i called the USCIS and when i talked to the representative, i asked them to expedite my AP, the reason i gave was that my grandpa is ill and might not live long so i have to see him. She let me choose one of the choices in order to obtain an expedited AP and i chose the extreme emergency, she then ask my MSC #, address, phone number... be sure to have a pen and paper with you coz they will give a number for you to tell them that you are the one who expedited it... She then told me to wait for 5 days to receive it... But before that, i kept on checking my status online and AP wouldn't show at all, only EAD and AOS but it was always pending after my biometrics, but when i called last monday to expedite my AP coz i need to go home, a day after i tried my receipt # of I-131 online and it showed! and it was touched together with EAD! but AOS has the same date, it sais recieved and pending(i understand it will take 6 mos.) but i was happy to see EAD and AP finally approved! now i am just waiting for it in the mail. Try calling them but tell them the reason why you want to expedite your AP... But like you said you had an RFE, i don't know how will affect your application... give it 2 more weeks, maybe it will show in your mail...

Good luck!

TIMELINE

wow..that was really fast for you...congrats..im wondering about my papers. we filed august 8 and still no news about it.

thank you... hopefully you will hear good news soon... but you are still within your timeline... just hang in there ang be positive...

MY TIMELINE

Guys

So according to the uscis website my EAD was approved on October 7.

Right now online status is "On October 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION"

I haven't received anything in the mail however I moved a couple of weeks ago.

I did the whole mail-forwarding thing and I called uscis to let them know my new address.

Is there any chance of my EAD being lost somewhere in the mail? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

October 15 was only a week ago. If USCIS sent it to your new address, it might take longer than that to reach you, and if they sent it to the old address, you will need to give it time to be forwarded as well. I wouldn't worry about it being lost just yet.

And congratulations on getting it approved!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Maad - maybe I should stop updating the spreadsheet?!?!?! Still nothing online here :rolleyes:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Still NOTHING

I got 2 touch's On The AOS on the 20s and the 21st

but nothing on the EAD ..

my 90 day's mark will be on Nov 4th

hope that the RFE that i got did't delay it that long :S

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.