Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

HI all! Anybody else got their Interview appointment? I got mine last week but on the USCIS website my case is still "received and pending" I wonder why they don't update the info. Also I'm still waiting on my EAD, probably I won't even get it before my interview next month. I am a little worried that I didn't hear of anybody from August fillers having the interview appointment, I don't know if it's a bad sign for me. Good luck to all!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
HI all! Anybody else got their Interview appointment? I got mine last week but on the USCIS website my case is still "received and pending" I wonder why they don't update the info. Also I'm still waiting on my EAD, probably I won't even get it before my interview next month. I am a little worried that I didn't hear of anybody from August fillers having the interview appointment, I don't know if it's a bad sign for me. Good luck to all!

It's a good thing, means you're close to the finish line...

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I would take it only as a good sign.

Is your timeline correct?

Did you file I-130 a month after I-485?

AOS from B-2

08/05/08 I-485 filed

02/03/09 CGC received

12/09/10 I-751 filed

04/07/11 GC received

11/1/11 N-400 filed

02/24/12 USC

In Polish only. Sytuacja polityczna w Polsce:

How does the whole DL thing work anyway... I never figured out why you needed the EAD for it... :wacko:

The EAD in Conjunction with the SSN is needed to verify your legal status in the country. Thats why DMV or MVC issue licenses only valid for as long as your EAD is valid or if you have a CGC for those 2 years instead of 5 years.

This generally varies from state to state; however most states are requiring the same thing: EAD or GC and SSN. This is to stop all the illegal inmigrants from getting a valid DL and then looking for work as taxi drivers (ex:).

NJ uses a 6 point system

1. Primary Doc: EAD or GC or Military ID

2. Secondary Doc:Any Federal ID/college enrollment/Civil Marriage Certificate

3. Proof of Address: Utility Bills/First Class Mail from any Federal/State/Local/Lease

4. SS Card

This is just some of the many things one can use and like I said: its for NJ only.

JJ you get my number? :)

"Love Will Find A Way <3"

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/02/2008 -- Checks cashed!!

09/03/2008 -- NOA1 received for I-485, I-130 and I-765.

09/05/2008 -- Case is shown online as pending!!

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/20/2008 -- RFE for I-485 received. It was dated September 17.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

10/02/2008 -- RFE response evidence received and case processing resumed!

11/04/2008 -- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Thank you Lord.

11/10/2008 -- EAD card received in the mail! wOOt wOOt!!!!

11/12/2008 -- SSN ordered from Hackensack, 2-4 weeks in mail!

11/28/2008 -- SSN Received in the mail, wOOt!!!!!!!!

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

2/19/2009 -- Interview 8:30am - Green Card verbally approved

2/23/2009 -- Welcome letter received! followed by I-130 approval notice!

Still nothing here - cases not online so still don't exist... If I hadn't had bio I would have thought that maybe they just torched my package :lol:

My things from the UK are meant to arrive in LA today - no update on that website either though so maybe it's a running theme for me ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
How does the whole DL thing work anyway... I never figured out why you needed the EAD for it... :wacko:

The EAD in Conjunction with the SSN is needed to verify your legal status in the country. Thats why DMV or MVC issue licenses only valid for as long as your EAD is valid or if you have a CGC for those 2 years instead of 5 years.

This generally varies from state to state; however most states are requiring the same thing: EAD or GC and SSN. This is to stop all the illegal inmigrants from getting a valid DL and then looking for work as taxi drivers (ex:).

NJ uses a 6 point system

1. Primary Doc: EAD or GC or Military ID

2. Secondary Doc:Any Federal ID/college enrollment/Civil Marriage Certificate

3. Proof of Address: Utility Bills/First Class Mail from any Federal/State/Local/Lease

4. SS Card

This is just some of the many things one can use and like I said: its for NJ only.

JJ you get my number? :)

Yup mate, what time is it ok to call?

Still nothing here - cases not online so still don't exist... If I hadn't had bio I would have thought that maybe they just torched my package :lol:

My things from the UK are meant to arrive in LA today - no update on that website either though so maybe it's a running theme for me ;)

Dont worry Jeraly my case doesn't exist either.....perhaps they sent it to Guantanamo...hahahahaha

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Hehe - JJ, did your EAD ever show online? I don't have my AOS/EAD/AP showing at all :cry: It's very annoying :angry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone... it's my first time to write here on the august aos filers... i have read some people who hasn't have any updates at USCIS, well count me in guys... it's been almost 2 months from filing but all i can see online is recieved and pending.. no updates and no touches at all..i wonder if my forms are still there :unsure: i hope they are processing it even though it shows pending all the time in the web... please to those who has no touches but still recieved their AP and EAD, share it to us... so at least we don't worry too much about it... it stressing me out... i want to go home by christmas and visit my family yet i have not seen AP status online update at all..only EAD and AOS were there but pending since filing... hoping for the best for august filers...

MY TIMELINE:

08-22-08 Filed AOS/AP/EAD

08-26-08 NOA's of AOS/AP/EAD

09-03-08 Appointment letter for BIOMETRICS (dated 09-18-08)

09-18-08 BIOMETRICS Appointment

waiting..waiting...waiting... case shown as received and pending... i think it would never show any touches at all... i don't know what happens to USCIS.. they add wrinkles on my face for giving me so much stress by thinking about it...

MY TIMELINE

08-22-08 Date filed AOS/AP/EAD

08-26-08 Received 3 NOA's

09-03-08 Received Biometrics Appmt. dated 09-18-08

09-18-08 Biometrics at Columbus Ohio 11am (went smooth)

10-21-08 CRIS AP approval notice sent

10-21-08 CRIS EAD card production ordered

10-25-08 Received AP in mail

10-29-08 Received EAD in mail

11-20-08 Received notice in mail case transferred to CSC dated Nov. 14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same here ! No recent updates online and no letters. Still hoping to hear from USCIS this week.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 8/26/2008

NOA Date : 9/3/2008

Bio. Appt. : 09/23/2008 11:00am

Touched : 09/23 & 09/24

Employment Authorization

Date Filed : 8/26/2008

NOA Date : 9/3/2008

Bio. Appt. : 9/23/2008 11:00:00 AM

Touched : 09/23 & 09/24

:crying:

At least you can see your status online :unsure: Mine tells me that the case numbers I entered don't exist :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

if i don't seen any updates from them next week, i may be calling them to ask if my case is still there and if it is still on process coz one of my friends told me that her case was lost and if they did not call them they would not know that they are just waiting for nothing since it's over 90 days.. what they did is they send another copy form that the USCIS asked from them.. they were so pissed but well they sent those documents needed again... that's what i'm worried about. What if they lost mine too? since i have no updates at all...hope there will no RFE coming though... hopefully we get good news soon... pls let me know yours too... i want to see positive signs here especially to those timelines that is close to mine...

MY TIMELINE

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
if i don't seen any updates from them next week, i may be calling them to ask if my case is still there and if it is still on process coz one of my friends told me that her case was lost and if they did not call them they would not know that they are just waiting for nothing since it's over 90 days.. what they did is they send another copy form that the USCIS asked from them.. they were so pissed but well they sent those documents needed again... that's what i'm worried about. What if they lost mine too? since i have no updates at all...hope there will no RFE coming though... hopefully we get good news soon... pls let me know yours too... i want to see positive signs here especially to those timelines that is close to mine...

What are the LUD's on your EAD and AOS cases? If those are around your biometrics date you don't have to worry about anything.

AOS might be touched early after bio if this case is transfered to CSC. If not, it might take more than a month or even two months before you see a touch. In this case you would see your bio date with maybe difference of few days as LUD.

EAD ussualy doesn't get touched after biometrics till your case is close to outcome date. So you would count roughly two months (+/- 60 days) from your NOA date so again, in this case you would see your bio date with maybe difference of few days as LUD.

If your LUD is from before your bio date then it might be that the FBI is stuck with your name check.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Still nothing for me too! There is no any updates since my Biometrics.

They promised me a Job in Sephore and I should start by the end of this month and now I am woried that there is no chance to receive my EAD on time and I will lose my Job Oportunity. :(

AOS

08.09.2008. AOS, EAD & AP Sent to Chicago

08.11.2008. Delivered

08.15.2008. Check cashed

08.18.2008. NOA's received

08.25.2008. Received Biometrics Letter

09.06.2008. Biometrics Appointment

10.17.2008. EAD Card production ordered

10.20.2008. AP approval notice sent

10.25.2008. AP received in the mail

10.27.2008. EAD received in the mail

02.12.2009. Interview Appointment Letter received

03.16.2009. Interview in San Francisco

Timeline

What are the LUD's on your EAD and AOS cases? If those are around your biometrics date you don't have to worry about anything.

AOS might be touched early after bio if this case is transfered to CSC. If not, it might take more than a month or even two months before you see a touch. In this case you would see your bio date with maybe difference of few days as LUD.

EAD ussualy doesn't get touched after biometrics till your case is close to outcome date. So you would count roughly two months (+/- 60 days) from your NOA date so again, in this case you would see your bio date with maybe difference of few days as LUD.

If your LUD is from before your bio date then it might be that the FBI is stuck with your name check.

Thanks for this enlightenment.. i was just a little bit scared coz of my friends case that was lost... yes i understand that it would take more than a month or two to get a soft LUD but i was just so anxious to see updates and touches on my case status... i see our timelines are close so hopefully i will be reading more updates from you... have you seen your case online updates? how about your AP? i can't wait to see my AP approved and in mail soon... so now i know my case was not transferred to CSC which i was hoping coz it would be much easier without interview and just recieved the card in mail...

has your case transferred? well, wishing for the speedy outcome of our approval soon...

i still wish i would see soft touch on my case online though...

MY TIMELINE

Same here. My case is viewable online but no touches since they send me my Bio appointment. They didn't even touch it after i took my Biometrics. I see people with same timeline as mine already receiving their EAD cards. My AOS is in MSC, however my EAD application was transferred to NSC, i don't know why they send it there, but might be because it was first rejected because i used the wrong form.

8/04/08-AOS sent

2/26/09-Interview

3/06/09-Welcome notice

3/11/09-Received 10 YR GC

2/27/12-Apply for Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.