Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
EAD received in email today. Yahoo!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: Well guyz who are in the same time line be in touch for interview at Mount Laurel NJ

Congrats Adonis! let me know when you get your interview letter..cause our timelines are pretty much the same.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

EAD arrived in the mail today, so that is awesome. And after all sorts of worrying, everything turned out fine. Even though we did not send three sets of pics/supporting evidence...no problem. And then we had problems with my husband's full name being present on the NOA's...which sme time working out. But, in the end...both EAD and AP have come with complete names. I am so darn happy, cause it really could have been worse. (knock on wood) Now on to SSN

Good luck everyone!

Johnnie any idea what i can do about a DL or temporary DL? I've tried looking on the state website dmv but cant figure out what the deal would be with my SSN based on EAD which i'll get soon. (like you!) I never drove in England and my mother-in-law is buying me student driver lessons for Christmas. Once i have the SSN can i get a temporary license?

"Love Will Find A Way <3"

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/02/2008 -- Checks cashed!!

09/03/2008 -- NOA1 received for I-485, I-130 and I-765.

09/05/2008 -- Case is shown online as pending!!

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/20/2008 -- RFE for I-485 received. It was dated September 17.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

10/02/2008 -- RFE response evidence received and case processing resumed!

11/04/2008 -- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Thank you Lord.

11/10/2008 -- EAD card received in the mail! wOOt wOOt!!!!

11/12/2008 -- SSN ordered from Hackensack, 2-4 weeks in mail!

11/28/2008 -- SSN Received in the mail, wOOt!!!!!!!!

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

2/19/2009 -- Interview 8:30am - Green Card verbally approved

2/23/2009 -- Welcome letter received! followed by I-130 approval notice!

Timeline
Sure , I'll. Lets keep in touch. BTW my EAD arrived in mail and is valid for One year so is my AP. What abt u guyz!! The envelope in which EAD arrived was plain whereas the AP arrived in USCIS envelope. Wonder why the difference. :wacko::blink::blink::wacko:

Yup the EAD envelope looks pretty cheap, I guess its for security reasons. If someone sees the envelope with too many signs of being from the USCIS it could be stolen or something.

It's valid for 1 year.

Timeline
Johnnie any idea what i can do about a DL or temporary DL? I've tried looking on the state website dmv but cant figure out what the deal would be with my SSN based on EAD which i'll get soon. (like you!) I never drove in England and my mother-in-law is buying me student driver lessons for Christmas. Once i have the SSN can i get a temporary license?

So you don't have a DL from the UK, so you're a begginner driver, plus you're under the age of Adult DL. There are 3 categories here in NJ. Send me the phone number of your house so I can explain it to you.

Peace out bro...

EAD arrived in the mail today, so that is awesome. And after all sorts of worrying, everything turned out fine. Even though we did not send three sets of pics/supporting evidence...no problem. And then we had problems with my husband's full name being present on the NOA's...which sme time working out. But, in the end...both EAD and AP have come with complete names. I am so darn happy, cause it really could have been worse. (knock on wood) Now on to SSN

Good luck everyone!

Felicidades!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Sure , I'll. Lets keep in touch. BTW my EAD arrived in mail and is valid for One year so is my AP. What abt u guyz!! The envelope in which EAD arrived was plain whereas the AP arrived in USCIS envelope. Wonder why the difference. :wacko::blink::blink::wacko:

The must have been out of USCIS envelopes ;)

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

So you don't have a DL from the UK, so you're a begginner driver, plus you're under the age of Adult DL. There are 3 categories here in NJ. Send me the phone number of your house so I can explain it to you.

Peace out bro...

Just a provisional license from the UK with me, for ID purposes. What about e-mail?

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Congrats on all the EAD and AP approvals!

Hopefully we'll start seeing some AOS approvals soon :)

Still nothing here on our front, but we filed closer to the end of the month, so not expecting much at the moment.

-Shan

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Congrats on all the EAD and AP approvals!

Hopefully we'll start seeing some AOS approvals soon :)

Still nothing here on our front, but we filed closer to the end of the month, so not expecting much at the moment.

-Shan

Ditto with the filing, 26th August NOA1 here.

Edited by Hydey

Timeline

Just to clarify in case someone doesn't know this info:

He/She who has applied for their SSN once you have received your EAD. You must know the following:

1. You CAN be employed while you wait for your SSN to arrive in the mail. It takes between 2 to 4 weeks according to SSA.

2. It generally only takes an overnight to generate the SSN in SSA's system, however this can be delayed to a couple of days if DHS hasn't posted your info on the system. So basically, the next business day or 2 days you can go back to the same SSA Office and request for a printed certification of your SSN. The same day I got the printed certification, I went for job hunting. The 2-4 weeks wait is only for the paper/card copy of the SSN.

Just call the SSA hotline: BEWARE; you'll have to wait at least 15 mins on the phone before you get assisted.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/intern...=129227,00.html

That article explains the SSA the Delays.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He/She who has applied for their SSN once you have received your EAD. You must know the following:

1. You CAN be employed while you wait for your SSN to arrive in the mail. It takes between 2 to 4 weeks according to SSA.

2. It generally only takes an overnight to generate the SSN in SSA's system, however this can be delayed to a couple of days if DHS hasn't posted your info on the system. So basically, the next business day or 2 days you can go back to the same SSA Office and request for a printed certification of your SSN. The same day I got the printed certification, I went for job hunting. The 2-4 weeks wait is only for the paper/card copy of the SSN.

Just call the SSA hotline: BEWARE; you'll have to wait at least 15 mins on the phone before you get assisted.

Hi thanks this is what I needed to know. I just went to SSA and the lady give me a piece of paper saying that the DHS is unable to verify the immigration document that I submitted and they lady put 6 weeks in the paper. So ill try again on friday for a printed certification of SSN . Thanks again:-)

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm confused?! :help: My husband entered on a K1 visa and applied for a SSN the following week and got his card 2 weeks later. Are you returning to the Social Security office after EAD approval to get a new card with the "Not valid for work" wording removed??

Sent I129-F on July 23rd to NSC

Received on July 25th at NSC

Check cashed by CSC on Aug 3rd

NOA1 mailed from CSC on Aug 2nd (Notice Date on form is Aug 1st)

Touched on August 7th.......

Touched on Sept.14...(due to me contacting CSC about the "jr." following his name...

Touched on Sept.19...again due to call to CSC about typo on NOA1..

Going to Manila Nov 1st for work...Get to spend 2 fantastic months with my baby!

With any luck, I will get my NOA2 when I get home in January!

!!!!!! WOW!!!! We are approved on Dec 21st!!!!! And I get to celebrate it here in Manila with my baby!

Visa in hand April 02, 2008

POE Mpls/St Paul May 04, 2008

Married! August 1st

AOS Papaerwork to Chicago August 20, 2008

Signed for by V. Bustamante on August 22nd

Check cashed August 29th

NOAs and Biometics appointment letters received September 5th

Biometrics appointment in St Paul on September 20th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Sept. 30th - I-485 Touch- Transfered to CSC

Oct. 6th - I-485 Touch - Arrive in CA?

Oct. 7th - Touch

Oct. 8th - Touch...I know, I know, I check the website too much

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

Nov. 13th - EAD Production ordered!!!

Nov. 20th - EAD arrived in mail!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

04/04/2009 - Welcome letter arrives

Timeline

The last text ONLY applies to those of us who applied after receiving our EADs. Though I've heard of cases were the samething happens to those who already had a SSN and want to change it because of the text NOT VALID FOR WORK.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.